Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paladin

XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
Now i have a few basic questions abou the Paladin:

1. Which race Dwarf or Human?

2. Should i use Sword and Shield, or 2Hander?

3. Which Talents?

Comments

• destro3979destro3979 Member Posts: 470

Originally posted by Xeratix
    Now i have a few basic questions abou the Paladin:1. Which race Dwarf or Human?
    3. Which Talents?

1. human
    2 2h
    3 retribution

i would say thats the best for lvling and damage
    haven't had a pally past 18 so i don't really know

• Originally posted by Xeratix

dwarf for PvE and Human for PvP for perception.  But its nto a big deal and stoneform is also good in pvp

Do you want damage or tanking or healing? 

3. Which Talents?

That depends on what you want to do.
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423

3. Which Talents?

1 To me it doesn't really matter, but I chose Human

2 It would depend on your primary role and your mode of play.  Shields obiviously give you a better armor rating. But even then it doesn't really matter since a Paladin is not a class that does really great DPS. ( They do however do very good damge with holy spells ) But  it  does depend on if you can find weapons at the AH at your level that you can use.

3 Various builds. It really depends on your level. The higher level you are the more you will be able to judge what works best for you.

Holy

Divine Intellect ( Paladins are casters of sorts and  burns the mana like nothing else) And you could toss in some Seal of Righteousness there too

Protection

Improved Devotion Aura, Redoubt, Precision and Tougness

Retribution

Build it as you so desire.

• earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247

3. Which Talents?

I have a 66 holy paladin, so I might be able to help you here.

1. Doesn't matter much. The races have few racial abilites that make any real difference to the class itself.

2. I recommend for leveling to use a one hander and shield. This will afford you increased armour, and the ability to block melee attacks (i.e. take no damage from an attack).

3. I would choose the Retribution tree for leveling from 1-45, 46-60 try Protection. Now this is where the decision is made: Do you want to PvP or PvE or both? I find the Holy tree to be the best all-around for the simple reason of increased healing (you can ALWAYS find a group as a holy pally), holy damage is increased, and the remaining talent points can go into Protection or Retribution. Personaly I choose Holy/ Protection, which makes me extremely hard to kill.

Good luck and  have fun with whatever you choose!

• ferofaxferofax Member Posts: 82
    ...yes, i agree. you should definitely decide whether your character will be PvE or PvP. going retribution is only useful if you've got somebody else healing you.

---------------------------------
    be a sweetheart, help me dominate the world...

• kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    As far as a good PvP build, depending on what your going to want to do it can vary.

Usually in most cases your gonna want to go with a high damage 2 hander for the stunlock damage if your going ret. Also be sure to remember that you are the best PvP healer in the game, so don't be afraid to step back and heal when needed :)

Usually Ret/Holy is pretty good from my understanding, pretty far down into Ret and some Holy will do ya good (not at a talent builder due to work restrictions :( )

As far as races go it depends. BE Racials are by far some of the best racials I've ran across for a paladin due to an AoE Silence as well as a free mana pot if you have enough charges.

If you want to go Alliance, Stoneform for dwarf is also awesome.. humans are kind of eh.. but stealth detection is ok against rogues obviously.

for straight up 100% pvp this is the build i would use at 70.

reasoning:

HOLY:

Divine Int: chose this over divine str because well, if you have no mana you do no damage. period. and you can get more AP from items, enchants, etc. there are precious few +int enchants out there.

Spiritual Focus: may as well be required of every pally ever. the single most useful 5 points in any of our trees, bar none.

Healing Light: you will have to heal. it's gonna happen. may as well make it more effective.

Unyielding Faith: resist that locks fear bomb? hell yea! the disorient one is good for hunters scatter shot too. and rogues blind i think (not totally sure on that though)

RET:

Benediction: again mana = damage. and IDK bout other pallys, but BOM has a nasty habit of being the first thing purged off me no matter how many buffs i have up.

Deflection: fight a rogue? warrior? anything that does melee? you'd be surprised how much deflection will help you win there.

Imp Judgment: reduced cooldown means more judging means more damage.

Conviction/SoC: shouldnt really need to say anything here. bread and butter ret talents.

Crusade: all horde are considered humanoids. thats 3% more damage against them.

2H wep spec: 6% more damage. and if your goin ret/holy, your gonna want a 2H wep anyhow.

Sanc Aura: 10% more holy damage. didnt get imp sanc because you're rarely anywhere near more than one of your party members, and even then you have to have someone (yourself included) actually healing.

Vengeance: 10% is 10%. may have been nerfed from 15%, but its better than 0%. and pallys really need all the damage boost they can get.

Sanctified Judgment: basically half price judgments. back to that whole more mana thing again.

Sacntified Crusader: i use SotC in pvp. if you dont, dont bother with this talent.

Repentance: 6 sec incapacitate is handy in so many ways. just experiment with it. plus its required for Fanaticism

Fanaticism: your JoC is roughly 40% of your damage. if it crits, thats just that much more burst you have.

CS: instant strike? controllable burst? sign me the hell up!
  • XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    Ok let me summonup

1. Dosent Matter

2. Sword & Shield

3. Holy tree/Retribution
  • kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    i agree sword & shield and holy/ retribution..

we know paladins are some kind of support tankers/support offense damagers..

we have to boost up defense..and that would be great