Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Rogue spec??

I usually play on my priest and have no rogue knowledge.

But i want to know what's the best rogue spec as in , great stealth and high damage or something in that way.

Comments

• millerhelp0millerhelp0 Member Posts: 223

I like combat the best because it lets you get more damage.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by millerhelp0
    I like combat the best because it lets you get more damage.

Combat spec is excellent for raiding, and for killing large groups of mobs very quickly. However, it doesn't support very much utility, which I personally find more useful than sheer damage.

My current Rogue build is mostly Subtlety, but NOT dagger spec. Talents for improved Sap, increased stealthing, extra combo points, decreased cost of Cheap Shot and Garrote, a percent chance to negate damage from AoEs, and of course the always-useful Preparation make him extremely useful in a variety of situations. My personal favorite is the talent that gives a percent chance to simply ignore any damage that would normally kill you. It's great for when that Mage manages to blink away, charges up a Pyroblast and you simply shrug it off and kill him anyways.

This build also has plenty of increased damage, however, as is typical of most Subtlety builds, it is mostly burst DPS dealt within the first 10 seconds or so of the opening attack.

If you're interested, I can give you exact numbers.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Rogues have to choose between whether they want to inflict a large amount of damage up front (burst) or steadily over time.

Burst damage builds tend to be effective in PvP, whilst a rogue that can continue inflicting damage over a longer duration fight will be more useful in a PvE group. PvP builds put points into subtlety and assassination, whilst a PvE build may mix combat and assassination and ignore the subtlety tree entirely.
  • kaskuskaskus Member Posts: 105
    its nice to have a hard hittin' combat rogue..i love when i see the fright in my foes eyes when i strike back at him and surely i'll own him..

you just have to a strategist to be one of this..but a combat rogues does not have a high defense and a high hp like warrior..but if you dress your character the best you can fight face to face with a protection warrior...i love a fast DPS and a high damaging characters.
  • laffncrylaffncry Member Posts: 92
    i'll go for combat specs..i just love killing so fast. though as they said, it's somewhat useful on PvP, but then again..i'll stick with it, i would just find my role in a group. your choice man..goodluck!
  • ChamonixChamonix Member Posts: 4
    Aah, thanks.I think i'll go with Subtlety
  • neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    Here is a potential build for you focusing on the Subtlety tree:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fhZGLobbZEMecG0o0xst

I personally would start with the Combat tree:

Put your points into Improved Sinister Strike and then Improved Eviscerate first and then travel down the Combat tree to get the Endurance and Improved Sprint.

Now that you have your bread and butter (SS spamming and heavy hitting Eviscerate)

Level 70 Rogue (3/14/44)

Assassination (3 points)

Improved Eviscerate - Rank 3/3

Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

Combat (14 points)

Improved Gouge - Rank 3/3

Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 1.5 sec.

Improved Sinister Strike - Rank 2/2

Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5.

Lightning Reflexes - Rank 4/5

Increases your Dodge chance by 4%.

Deflection - Rank 1/5

Increases your Parry chance by 1%.

Endurance - Rank 2/2

Reduces the cooldown of your Sprint and Evasion abilities by 1.5 min.

Improved Sprint - Rank 2/2

Gives a 100% chance to remove all movement imparing effects when you activate your Sprint ability.

Subtlety (44 points)

Master of Deception - Rank 5/5

Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4).

Opportunity - Rank 5/5

Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Mutilate, Garrote, and Ambush abilities by 20%.

Improved Sap - Rank 2/2

Gives you a 100% chance to return to stealth mode after using your Sap ability.

Camouflage - Rank 5/5

Increases your speed while stealthed by 15% and reduces the cooldown of your Stealth ability by 5 sec.

Initiative - Rank 3/3

Gives you a 75% chance to add an additional combo point to your target when using your Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot ability.

Improved Ambush - Rank 3/3

Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 45%.

Setup - Rank 3/3

Gives you a 45% chance to add a combo point to your target after dodging their attack or fully resisting one of their spells.

Elusiveness - Rank 2/2

Reduces the cooldown of your Vanish and Blind abilities by 1.5 min.

Preparation - Rank 1/1

When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your Evasion, Sprint, Vanish, Cold Blood, Adrenaline Rush and Premeditation abilities.

Deadliness - Rank 5/5

Increases your Attack Power by 10%.

Premeditation - Rank 1/1

When used, adds 2 combo points to your target. You must add to or use those combo points within 10 sec or the combo points are lost.

Cheat Death - Rank 3/3

You have a 30% chance to completely avoid any damaging attack that would otherwise kill you.

Sinister Calling - Rank 5/5

Increases your total Agility by 15%.

Shadowstep - Rank 1/1

Attempts to step through the shadows and reappear behind your enemy. The damage of your next Ambush, Backstab or Garrote ability is increased by 20%. Lasts 10 sec.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

OK my build as a lvl 60 Rogue and is perfectly made for my way of gaming, 30/8/13 pure dmg build ;D and works fine as an MC build too, and just for the record, I hate ppl that say "you damn noobs rogue suck and I´m a <insert class> and I kill all rogues easy since I´m the best and know the most" Well imo it´s only small spoilt brats and retards that think they´re something, that say stuff like that, since it´s not you that decide if you´re good or not, it´s up too others too decide, and REAL good gamers don´t have too say they´re PRO, just watch how they play and you´ll know ;)

Assassination Talents (30 points)

# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points

Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

# Malice - 5/5 points

Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

# Murder - 2/2 points

Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%.

# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points

Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.

# Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point

Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy.

# Lethality - 5/5 points

Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, and Hemorrhage abilities by 30%.

# Improved Instant Poison - 5/5 points

Increases the chance to apply Instant Poison to your target by 10%.

# Cold Blood - 1/1 point

When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%.

# Seal Fate - 5/5 points

Your critical strikes from abilities that add combo points have a 100% chance to add an additional combo point.

Combat Talents (8 points)

# Improved Gouge - 3/3 points

Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 1.5 seconds.

# Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points

Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.

# Improved Backstab - 3/3 points

Increases the critical strike chance of your Backstab ability by 30%.

Subtlety Talents (13 points)

# Master of Deception - 5/5 points

Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4)

# Opportunity - 5/5 points

Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.

# Improved Ambush - 3/3 points

Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 40%.

btw, that's my specs on when im level 60....
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    I refused to specialize so I got Cold Blood, Vigor, Imp Sap, Premeditation....

im going for more on assasination talents...and follow my talent set up above...i'll sure you'll enjoy..
  • CruxialeCruxiale Member Posts: 1

10/0/41 Subtely is the best for sure. This spec allows you to do an extreme amount of damage before your target even touches you. Go dagger sub spec, with the new shadow step you can basically teleport behind your enemy while stealthed and it improves your crit chance. I crit every time with it usual in the 2-3k range on casters.

• nimativitlumnimativitlum Member Posts: 48
    i'll go for combat the more damage the better and the faster i can kill a monster..i dont have to play hide and seek to the enemies that i am facing..i'll still go for a much damage dealing build...if there is assasination in your poll i'll choose it rather..