Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Transfer: from PvE to PvP/RP?

AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258
Is it possible to use the character transfer that SOE offers to move a character from a PvE server to a PvP server?

Specifically a Char on a PvE char to Venekkor PvP/RP?

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Yes it is possible:

Character Transfer Fee Schedule

Transferring a character on the same SOE account from one server to another server:

Each Character $50.00 (plus any applicable tax)

Transferring a character from one of your SOE accounts to another SOE account, but not changing to a different server:

Each Character $50.00 (plus any applicable tax)

Transferring a character from one of your SOE accounts to another SOE account and changing to a different server:

Each Character $100.00 (plus any applicable tax)

In addition to any applicable fees described above, if you are a resident of a European Union country or territory, you will also be charged VAT (Value Added Tax) equal to 17.5% of the applicable fee.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/cs/index.vm

• AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258
    Thank you.
  • RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Flem's information is not quite correct, at least with regards to the original question i.e. server transfer from PvE to PvP:

PvP Characters may only be transferred between two accounts if 1) both accounts are held by the same registered user; and 2) the transfer occurs on the same PvP-enabled server (e.g. from Player X's Account A on Venekor to Player X's Account B on Venekor). PvP Characters cannot be transferred from one registered user to another registered user or from one server to another server via the Character Transfer Service.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

So can a PvE go to a PvP server?
  • DelamekoDelameko Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Ankor

So can a PvE go to a PvP server?
    No.  PvP characters can currently only transfer between accounts on the same server.

PvE characters can only transfer to other PvE servers (including the RP PvE servers), or the PvE Station Exchange server.

They can't allow transfers from PvE to PvP because it would unfair.  You could level up with no fear of getting whacked, and then transfer when you're uber.

Makes sense to me.

Thank you for you patience.