Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHAT KNID OF MMO WOULD U MAKE IF U HAD THE CHANCE

CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
I was just wondering what type of mmo would u make if you had the chance and pls be as original as possible.
Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG

Comments

• methulahmethulah Member Posts: 236
    A planescape sandbox.
  • CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Lol well i suppose it is original
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • atkafighteratkafighter Member Posts: 71
    I would make an Armored Core MMO.  You can form teams to do missions, and you can also PvP in the arena.  Armored Core is giant mecha if you didn't already know.

An Ace Combat MMO would be cool too.  Form teams to do missions/sorties, or dogfight in hostile skies.  Also patrol your own skies to keep people away.

I would also think of doing a fighting game MMO.  You can form schools recruit people, and challenge other schools.  At the same time you have to defend your turf.  Groups of schools can form alliances to control more territory.  It would be alot like KwonHo, but with more features.  It would have tag batles, three on threes, battle royals, and last man standing.  Sounds like fun to me :D
  • ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    An Aliens mmorpg, as in the movies Aliens. I think I would like that

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156
    One where the Caps only worked on the first letter of a word, at the most.
  • sic162sic162 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    i would make a sci fi mmoFPS/RPG because of the fact that there are only a couple out right now, and they pretty much suck. i know exactly what theyve done wrong, and if i had the chance i would design the greatest mmoFPS/RPG
  • n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    I'd make SWG2. And I'd make it sooo good they wouldn't even remember the bad name of SWG.

NGE Refugee.

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by Shoal

One where the Caps only worked on the first letter of a word, at the most.

qft :)

anyway, there are many settings out there waiting to be used...

a PvP oriented BattleTech MMO

sandbox Fallout

a space Privateer-like MMO with world settings from Hamilton's novels

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    I would make a new Star Wars MMORPG that would be based on the expanded universe as a first choice.  My second choice would be a small mmo that deals with space exploration and the unkonwn.   It would be based purley on exporation and the events that occur in that  format.  But I think OLE is already doing this?

Is this for that contest to design a MMORPG?
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Take Mechwarrior and mate it with EVE online to get Mechwarior online.

Basically instead of ships and monotonous space you have an actual landscape and what not and different types of mechs. I think that would friggin rock.

You could have flying carrier mechs, ship mechs, missile mechs, artillery mechs, laser mechs, autocannon mechs, hand-to-hand combat mechs, etc.

Basically keep the EVE interface but the main focus is not with ships/space it's mechs/landscape.

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • PyritePyrite Member Posts: 309
    Originally posted by charlizd

I was just wondering what type of mmo would u make if you had the chance and pls be as original as possible.
    OMGZor!  I'd make teh ultimate PvP game!!1  You've have to PvP to crate your character then you'd have to PvP for you to log in!  As soon as you log in you'd get PvP'd by 10 of the highest level toons in the game.  And the only way to rez is to PvP the other dead ppl.  And if you lose your character is deleted and you're banned.  Then a fat guy comes over and punches you in the nose.  THAT'S HARDCORE PVP!  PLAY IT OR YOUR A CAREBARE!!11ELEVEN

/sarcasm

The most important part of reading is reading between the lines.

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by Pyrite

Originally posted by charlizd

OMGZor!  I'd make teh ultimate PvP game!!1  You've have to PvP to crate your character then you'd have to PvP for you to log in!  As soon as you log in you'd get PvP'd by 10 of the highest level toons in the game.  And the only way to rez is to PvP the other dead ppl.  And if you lose your character is deleted and you're banned.  Then a fat guy comes over and punches you in the nose.  THAT'S HARDCORE PVP!  PLAY IT OR YOUR A CAREBARE!!11ELEVEN

/sarcasm

bahahahahaha

on a more serious note a Legend of Zelda mmo would really tickle my fancy, the races are there, the lore is there, someone just grab that shit and get crackin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• RonaruudoRonaruudo Member Posts: 102

I'd make an mmorpg about Lego. You can completely build your own character, build your own weapons, even build your own mount and house. Hell, you can even make your own giant stomping mecha.

The motto would be..."It's a Brick vs. Brick world..."

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

I think i have to go with the Star Wars world to, but whit the Darkfall system.

That would be the best MMO ever

• DowieDowie Member Posts: 280
    Pretty much same as Darkfall
  • bacchusilbacchusil Member Posts: 1

I am gonna take the Mechwarrior one step further.  Not only do you have the various Mech types, but allow for drop ships/carriers.  Additionally, fully developed PC's in addition to the mechs, so you have actual player avatars that can exit the mechs at will and have combat on foot.  This would allow for infantry units, etc.  You could have a good crafting system for personal items as well as introduce mechanics that can repair and eventually build mechs.

Now lets get into the real meat of the idea, introduce the 3 houses from Mechwarrior and have them controlled by AI.  So, as a new character, you could join one of the three houses and go on missions using their mechs.  When not fighting, you can hang out on friendly owned planets and craft/trade or run around killing with the human avatar.  The player universe would be a sandbox, so you could travel to planets not controlled by your house, but be prepared to be KOS or potentially caught in the middle of a raging battle.

Once the player gets to a high enough level and has sufficient resources, he could purchase/build his own mech and become a mercenary for the houses.  Getting paid for combat.  You could even become rich enough to buy your own dropship/carrier, though funds for something like that would more likely come from a guild rather than an individual.

Once a guild becomes powerful enough, they could simply split off from the houses and move out to the rim to combat the Clans and set up their own bases of operation.  Just be careful, cause that AI controlled house in the inner ring might just decide to send a large atttack force to your planet with a but load of noob mechs.  This could be the end game/raid content.

I played the Mechwarrior RPG (Pen & Paper) and that world was soooo incredibly rich with content.  You could go an entire lifetime without ever stepping foot on a mech.  I think it would make for an incredible MMO.

• brokenneedlebrokenneedle Member Posts: 100
    I'd take the WoW format (because I love the way it plays) and make a world where like different times all clashed together.  So itd be like Wild West zone next to Roman Empire zone next to Modern Day zone next to Future World zone and then maybe throw in Fantasy Island so you can get your elfs and dorfs.  Then you could mix-n-match armor from all those different settings haha.  And maybe have some kind of divide so you have a "good vs bad" element.  RAD.

imageimage

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    ONE WIHTOUT OBNOXIOUS CAPS OR ANNOYING FLASHY COLORS!!!!11ELEVEN11!!!!!! (or bad spelling)
  • RonaruudoRonaruudo Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by MadAce

ONE WIHTOUT OBNOXIOUS CAPS OR ANNO
    YING FLASHY COLORS!!!!11ELEVEN11!!!!!! (or bad spelling)
    Well, that cancels out every translated Korean game, eh?
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    A transformer MMORPG with RvR type conflict.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• aeathaeath Member Posts: 5
    How long have many of us asked ourselves this question? I have often said if I were to win a Power ball Pot where I could throw $100 Million into a game and still have 20 or so left to ensure that I would live very comfortably I would fund the MMO I would want to play.

So what would it be? It would be a Sci-Fi Cyberpunk game that would draw from many different inspirations. The original game (no expansions) would involve 4 different worlds. Earth as seen post Corporatism take over; think along the lines of “Johnny Mnemonic” with less cheese and “Blade Runner”. A pristine and scientific run Moon; the inspiration here would be drawn from the likes of the Clavius Base in “2001: A Space Odyssey”. A dirty and rough industrial Mars inspired from the works such as Total Recall. Finally, a cyberspace reminiscent of the Metaverse from the book “Snow Crash”.

Each “World” would be a base for 3 factions. For example Earth would be home to the Corporations, LowTech, and Runners. The Moon would house Researchers, Aristocrats, and Evolutionists. Mars would have Instustralists, Rebels, and Mutants. The Metaverse would have, Black Hats, White Hats, and Admins.

Each of the Factions would have few alliances factions on other “Worlds”.  This association would form a Sect. The players would choice what “World” to start in based pretty much on what Faction they want to begin with, and what atmosphere they would prefer. Factions and Sects would only really effect what equipment is available to the player; they would also be used as a vehicle to deliver the storyline and content.

Game Play;

There would be neither levels nor classes; it would be an entire assigned skill point game. At certain XP intervals players would be awarded skill points to spend on well skills, and attribute points at larger intervals. As you advance in particular skills, others would start falling off to the point where the skill itself is no longer usable or trainable. For instance, should you start stacking nothing but Fire Arms, and Melee skills, sooner or later skills such as Security Cracking and System Interfacing would fall off your character. A brute force type guy has no need for computer finesse.

The game would be a Mission Based game. Missions would be handed out by faction. And all members of a group would gain faction for completing the mission. These missions would be against other factions. So if you get a mission from the Research faction on the moon, they may send you to steal some information form say the Evolutionists, or tell you to go to earth and kill a runner carrying some sensitive information.

Missions would take place in both field and instanced locations. Field for missions where you need to intercept a courier and instanced for Building Missions.   The Cyberspace aspect of the game would be important. You may need to get to a node and have a Black hat get the info while the rest of the team is defending him in the Real World from security personal. They may have to access the cyberspace to shut down building security or track a courier from observation cameras.

Soloing? Of course, most of the stories in such a setting have the solo anti-hero. You would be able to take solo missions. However these missions would be more on the stealth side of things. There would be another solo aspect outside of missions. As you gain factions, you would become hated by other factions. While solo there would be times you would be ambushed by NPC factions. These encounters would be based on your type of build and balanced based on a flag the player would set. Something like max random encounters difficulty flag. There would be another player setting allowing you to dictate how often you would like these encounters. This would allow for those looking Grind/Farm a bit. This might generate some cash/XP, but your best items, and crafting components would come from missions. In addition you will not gain faction from random encounters, only go further down by defecting those sending the mobs at you.

Player Groups/guilds;

Players would be able to form 3 different static groups. Your crew, gang, section, clan (based on what Sect you are forming the static group with) which would be a small guild pretty much. It would be capped pretty low. An Alliance, which is an alliance of small groups (crew, gang, section, or clan) and a player run Sect, which would be an Alliance of Alliances.

End game;

As you have pretty much figured out, there won’t be a whole lot of monster bashing going on. So traditional raiding is right out. Instead, you would farm notoriety points and have PvP. Each player organization will earn their own space based on notoriety. As a small group (again Crew, Gang, ect…) you would earn a base of operations. These would have different models allowed by the leaders. Maybe a club, or a shop, something to allow personal tastes to be involved. Alliances would have HQs, in a similar fashion. Finally Sects would have nearly cities growing up around the leader’s HQ. Each level would allow more functionality. A crew base might have crafting stations, and shared banks. An HQ might have Mission givers and a few merchants, the Cities would have everything an NPC city would have. Bases, HQs, and Cities would have corresponding Cyberspaces of a similar size. A Personal Board, a subnet, and a full blown Dark net or something.

This gets at the heart of the endgame. Earning and taking Notoriety from other groups. There would be three levels of PvP. Crew Vs Crew where one static group declares war with another. Both sides would have to accept this declaration. At that point it is open season on each other. Including invading each others bases. This would last a static period of time, say 48 hours or perhaps a settable time period. While you won’t gain notoriety from this sort of PvP it would be a fun diversion.

Alliance vs. Alliance. This would be a corp. style war. Once declared, crews of the alliances will have the option to opt in or out of the war. Once a war is declared, each crew leader in the alliance will be offered to join. There would be some time given to allow leaders to decide before the war starts. Once started those opting in will be allowed to get missions against their enemy’s HQ. As you successfully complete these missions, your alliance would gain Notoriety while your opponent loses some of theirs. These missions would also be defendable as they would take place in the actual HQ or the Alliances Cyberspace. As soon as you entire your enemy’s area you are killable by any member of the alliance, even those that opted out of the war. Those opting in the war may also kill each other outside of missions in the standard field.

Sect vs. Sect is the same idea as Alliance vs. Alliance only the rewards and losses would be larger. As you lose notoriety your HQ’s and Cities will lose some functionality until those points are returned. While it would be possible to gain these points by regular NPC missions, PvP would net the most gain.

Character customization;

Generally you’d be a standard human to start, possibly a bit mutated if you are starting with the mutant faction on Mars (think physically mutated not X-Man). As you add points to str, you’d get bigger. Add an implant it would show. Clothing and all that would change your appearance of course. Sooner or later you might be able to afford cybernetic bodies (see Ghost in the Shell for some ideas) which are more customizable but pricey. 

So anyway, there is my brain dump on what I would make if I had the money to fund something. Not a design doc at all, just a mess if ideas dumped down. Just something I would personally like to play.

• peachman23peachman23 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    POWER RANGERS!!!
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    A combination of Fable and Guild Wars.. =3
  • MiNaAuMiNaAu Member Posts: 382
    This could all become possible with the David Perry and Acclaim competition coming up, someone will be able to create their own MMORPG.
  • wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144

BABYLON 5 MMO, my dream