Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready for a laugh?

AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=1324.0

This is about as bad as you can get, debating the age of the earth is one thing, but this? It makes me crack up every time I think about it.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
Hemingway

Comments

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Oh my f*ng god Listen:

Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: It's a conspiracy

Q: "What about NASA? Don't they have photos to prove that the Earth is round?"

A: NASA is part of the conspiracy too. The photos are faked.

Q: "Why has no-one taken a photo of the Earth that proves it is flat?"

A: The government prevents people from getting close enough to the Ice Wall to take a picture.

Q: "How did NASA create these images with the computer technology available at the time?"

A: Since NASA did not send rockets into space, they instead spent the money on developing advanced computers and imaging software instead

Why the hell make all that trouble to fool all earth's people? Theese people are too paranoid!

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• EggFteggEggFtegg Member Posts: 1,141
    They suggest it's a real site, but looking at some of those answers, they've got to be joking, right?

• HorusgirlHorusgirl Member Posts: 120
    Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator, located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall. Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light," the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions.

In the "accelerating upwards" model, the stars, sun and moon are also accelerating upwards.

The stars are about as far as San Francisco is from Boston. (3100 miles)

At that point I was expecting them to say that the moon is made of cheese

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    ~J. Krishnamurti
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857
    Originally posted by EggFtegg

They suggest it's a real site, but looking at some of those answers, they've got to be joking, right?
    I truly wish they were.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    omg.... if they are serious they are honestly retarded. If you fly high enough you can actually see the arc.

Also... I don't see why the government would earn money from the earth being flat..

DAMN they are stupid.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Why can't I ever find people like these around? I really want to meet people like these and just talk to them for about an hour. If people like this can get the internet I'm sure they are somewhere around here.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210
    Definitely a wind up website... the answers are quite obviously trying to be funny.
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    I think that it's not a joke; look at the forums, everyone seems serious.

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Why can't I ever find people like these around? I really want to meet people like these and just talk to them for about an hour. If people like this can get the internet I'm sure they are somewhere around here.
    I've met them. No chance in changing their mind.
    Its hard to believe this one is a joke, there are too many people on those forums acting and arguing over this matter.

Let me put it this way, could you and your friends have faked MMORPG.com as a joke, and written all of the various posts on these forums?

Hemingway

• HorusgirlHorusgirl Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

Its hard to believe this one is a joke, there are too many people on those forums acting and arguing over this matter.

Let me put it this way, could you and your friends have faked MMORPG.com as a joke, and written all of the various posts on these forums?
    Well it is possible though, that the original creators of the website meant it as a joke and are now having a great time with all the morons who come to their site and believe that stuff.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    ~J. Krishnamurti
    Originally posted by Horusgirl

Well it is possible though, that the original creators of the website meant it as a joke and are now having a great time with all the morons who come to their site and believe that stuff. That is true, but either way people do and have believed in these theories.

Hemingway

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947
    Originally posted by Jackcolt

omg.... if they are serious they are honestly retarted. *If you fly high enough you can actually see the arc.

Also... I don't see why the government would earn money from the earth being flat..

DAMN they are stupid.
    *well.. taht seems quite obvious... that's an excelent optical ilusion created by giant mirrors bought by the world governments....

I think it's obvious this is all a big and funny inventions, and these people are most surely kidding..... maybe it's another site like that one where the Earth was going to explode or something in x time..... just an experience to see how many people get converted/believe they are serious.... I trully don't believe they are serious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

I think its fake, done by a bunch of people with way way too much time on their hands, i mean the answers to the questions are rediculous, look at this..

Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

• GoddyfatherGoddyfather Member Posts: 239
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Well, that blows my theory.......Dammit

Hollow Earth

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by EggFtegg
    I truly wish they were.

i cant get a laugh out of this, simply becaause i dont believe people are actually brainless enough to believe this. i so wish this site was for real.. but i just cant believe it..

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

Q: "Why doesn't water run off the Earth?"

A: There is a vast ice wall that keeps the water where it is. The ice wall is roughly 150ft high. This also explains why you can find a vast plane of ice when you travel south.

Antarctica as a continent does not exist.

Wow. 

These guys are incrediblely dedicated to this.  Atleast they have something to live and fight for.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

well with how people are i would say its a legit, cuz i have seen people like this and they were serious. The kind of people who think the world is against them

• RaymondRaymond Member Posts: 38
    Q: "How come the travel time by air from South America to New Zealand, via the polar route, is SHORTER than the travel time going North first and then South again?"

A: (Presumed answer: The airline pilots are misled by their GPS, or are deliberately conspiring to make it appear that the flights take different times)

Oh man, got a good laugh reading all of this. Thanks for the site.

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Biblical literalists?  Nowhere in the Bible does it suggest that the Earth is flat O_O  Humans have known for more than a millenium that the Earth is round, the flat Earth thing is a product of the dark ages..and a weird product at that.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Wind_angelWind_angel Member Posts: 82
    I dont know what they are thinking.. I don't even want to know what is it.. They are just insane... and insane individuals must not use the internet.

Hurry up.... Clock is ticking