Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2 ?

Basically whats it like as a game overall....?  Ive recently quit WoW and had a lvl 62 Paladin on Ravenholdt RP-PVP server.  What are the RP servers like on EQ2? are they filled with the same amount of OOC idiots on WoW?

just some simple questions, any answers would be appreciated

Comments

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007
    EQ2 is much better for roleplaying than WoW (then again, just about any MMO has better RP than WoW). There are two servers labelled "Roleplaying Preferred," and no roleplaying rules are enforced. There's a lot of out-of-character talk simply because it's allowed, but [i]because[/i] it's allowed, you also don't get the kiddies who think they're cool for breaking the rules.

Characters are allowed surnames so nobody makes stupid names like Ooglamightysword, and there seem to be fewer stupid names overall (EQ2's general naming policy is stricter than WoW's).

Overall, the game is good. It's not without its faults, but it's just as fun as WoW. Download the "Trial of the Isle" demo, and play through both the Qeynos and Freeport introductory adventures to get a feel for what the game is like. You won't find much RP in the starting area, but you can see how you like the various game systems. You can also check out the forums. Posting is limited on a trial account, but you can at least see what people are saying about the roleplaying, and check out recruitment posts from all the RP Guilds.

I'd like to drop WoW right now and go back to EQ2, but I just bought the Burning Crusade, and I'm a stubborn bastard who insists on getting his money's worth