Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which one should i get?

I was looking for a new game to play when i saw this one. But then I noticed that there is three versions of it. Which one should I get and what are the differences between the three? Also if I got 2 of them would one be an expansion for the other or would they be completely different games?

Comments

• Ultradude111Ultradude111 Member Posts: 22
    please...someone answer me
  • Ultradude111Ultradude111 Member Posts: 22

Echo!!!! is anyone here?

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979
    they are three seperate games and can be played seperately.  the only difference is the story line and 2 classes you get.  you stil play with everyone but you can only go to the world of which game you get.  then if you get the other two you can link them and go to their worlds. 
  • dertomokdertomok Member Posts: 79
    If you like long , awesome game and you want too make your character good at PvE (Player agianst Evrything )choise Prophecies . If you like not long , intresting game and you want too make your character good agianst PvP ( Player versus Player ) choise Faction . Both of these games is different games . If you will get Factions , you can do quests , missions etc... in Factions land ( Cantha ) . If you will get Prophecies , you can do quests , mission etc.. in Prophecies land ( Tyria ) . And if you will get both , you can do quests , mission etc.. in both , Cantha and Tyria .

First you must give , only than you can take .

• endzoendzo Member Posts: 68

thanks man that helped me alot so iam getting Prophecies & Eye Of The North Expansion Pack is that ok

• airslayerxairslayerx Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Ultradude111

I was looking for a new game to play when i saw this one. But then I noticed that there is three versions of it. Which one should I get and what are the differences between the three? Also if I got 2 of them would one be an expansion for the other or would they be completely different games?
    I say that you should probably get Factions, its the one i got for my friends b-day and he tried it and loved it, i tried it as well, and i like it too, and its funny because he played Wow, which compared to guildwars sucks.  Factions is pretty fun, but if you're willing to spend the money, go buy all three, and buy Eye of The north, which is the expansion pack that can be used for anyone.

Or, just buy 1 and buy eye of the north later on, either way you can't go wrong, they're all pretty good.

• TravdaTravda Member Posts: 2

what is the highest lvl you can reach in factions? prophecies? what class should i be?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

Originally posted by Travda

what is the highest lvl you can reach in factions? prophecies? what class should i be?
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Relax here it is

Prophecies ,Factions and Nightfall are 3 seperate campaigns + eye of the north is the 1st expansion u need to to have 1 campaign for eye of the north 

Peophecies is a beautiful place for PVE .The word is beautiful and vast and a strong storyline .The PVP is also okay

6 core professions

Warrior

Monk

Ranger

Elementist

Necro

Memser

Faction.Short story ine for PVE but really good PVP , Lot of alliance battles and stuff like that

8 core professions (Add are Assasin and Ritualist)

Nightfall .Balance between PVE and PVP

8 core profession available ( No assasin or ritualist but Dervish and Paragon )

What is good that instead on AI bots to use as henchman you can get Heroes and u can customise there skills , armor , weapons ,looks etc. Big advantage as most stuff in Nightfall u need a team of 8 people and heroes are useful if u are short of specific class

Things common through all campaigns

Level maximum is 20.This game is not about grinding no rats and lizards and foxes to kill around As you progress thru the story u level up.

Secondly your core prossion is split in by secondary professions which can be changed easily .I am a warrior/monk for regular stuff

warrior/ele for specific elite missions . warrior/ ranger to cap elite pets ( wow i love this one)

Which class u wanna be depends what you like

Warrior - No brainer , jsut buff your armour skills and tank.Can be sword hammer or axe

Monk - Heal (very important , Protection or Smite)

Elemintist - Referred to as Nuker ,Fire Water Air  Bew what u want )-

Ranger - Quite a favourite They have some bad ass skills and traps

Necro- Lord of the dark side, bleed someone , raise minions , absolutely wanted in many a dungeons and eliet missions.

Memser - DIfficult of the classes but a stongest class , energy denial conditions hexes , They can shhutdown any person instantly

Assassin - KInd of unwanted class thought heavilly used as secondary profession for its skills to warp from places instantly ,  inflisct deep combos of conditions etc

Dervish - Like a warrior but lower armour but yeilds a sythe has can attack simaltaneous foes and has some really good avaters of god they can transform into

Ritualist - MAster of spirits Can damage or heal

Paragon- Spear thrower but primary functions are chants and shouts which gives the whole team needed blocks and help in a fight

If you like only PVP u can skip PVE and directly make level 20 character  Though skills will locked U can unlock skils , pets heroes , armor for PVP thru following ways

1) Play a RP character in PVE and unlocks skills it unlocks for PVP too

2) If u play PVP u get factions poinst which u can use to unlock skills for PVP only

3) Buy in addition a PVP pack which will unlock all skills , armors , weapons for your PVP character .

Also doesnt matter which campaign u have 1 or 3 the place for PVP and GVG is common so characters from 1 cmpaign can fight other on common arenas

I had lot of fun with my no brainer Warrior and Monk

• TravdaTravda Member Posts: 2

thank u so much..... does this game get old because u only get to lvl 20? how long does it take to get to lvl 20? is the pvp that good?

• xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

There are 3 campaigns, each with hundreds of quests and plenty of missions to do.

When you're done with those there's also Eye of the North which gives challanging quests and new areas for lvl20 characters.

Getting to lvl 20 doesn't take long, I'd say 2-4 days of questing and doing missions will get you there. But the main point of Guild Wars isn't the level, but the skills. Even if you're lvl 20 but you don't have good skill combinations and don't have elite skill, it'd be very hard to do missions and stuffs.

For the PvP, Guild Wars is the best MMO for PvP, it's skill based, not equipment based like WoW or any other MMOs out there. Guild Wars PvP tests your tactics, skill combination and teamwork.