Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons I should play runescape anyone?

2»

Comments

• AlewisAlewis Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by IAmIt

1)It's full of 8 year olds

2)There are more bots and hackers on the free server than there are real players

3)I still regret that I wasted 2 minutes of my life playing it

1) I used to play it, Seriously, Full of 8 year olds? Be real, Im 20, I played it about 3-4 months ago, And my friends list was kinda full with alot of people older than me, There are young people in the game yes, But also there are older more mature people, You just have to ignore the young ones to get by.

If you cannot ignore, Then you must be retard, They didnt insert Ignore user section for no reason, Also if you dont want to hear people like that, You could turn public chat off? And switch it so you only have it so you can only see your friends chat to you.

2) More bots and hackers than real life players? I doubt it, Played for 2 minutes? I doubt you could of even got out of the tutorial in 2 minutes, You talk total crap, Trying a game for 2 minutes does not tell you how the game is.

3) Explained in number 2.

• LordofPhozenLordofPhozen Member Posts: 1

Runescape IS a waste of time , for a while its fun when u learn the basic but after u finish all the quest for the free players its no fun after that its boring and theres nothing to do exept pvp and if u die u lose your stuff so after the point u finish it stops entertaining u and bores u to complete misery

I always had mature friends on my buddy list so i didnt have little boys bother me for like "Can i have blah" 'money plzz!!!!111!!11111"

I recommend this game to 7-11 year olds  

-LOP

• AlewisAlewis Member Posts: 51
    A game is for any age of person, recommending 7-11 year olds for runescape is exactly the same as recommending 7-11 for a game like World Of Warcraft.
  • DarklightzDarklightz Member Posts: 1
    Runescape is mainly a starting MMO for people who dont want to pay each month and not have a gaming pc yet. The fun will last a bit longer if you have friends that play it as well and there is almost at least 1 person in each school who still play's runescape :P.  But once you start playing other MMO's you wont ever come back to runescape. Ever.
  • bloodblastabloodblasta Member Posts: 6
    I do not have a very good computer since my dad says "you'll be on it 24/7". This is true. I do have enough to buy my own but still I cannot get one. I have no life? Absolutly correct. Anyone who plays MMOs all day has no life no matter what it is they play. I've played RuneScape for about 2 3/4 years. Do I regret it? A little yes and no to that. But I mostly enjoy playing, and thats all that matters. I'm pretty sure other MMOs are extreamly better, so I suggest you play them if you have a nice and fast computer. RuneScape is very addicting I can say. After you hit 100+ cb then your basically doomed to play unless something happens (i.e. get a nice gaming computer).

Well theres my two cents, hope it helped =).

-Blood
  • Warlord27Warlord27 Member Posts: 67

I tried it and didn't like it at all, however my little brother is addicted too it .  I keep trying to convince him to stop but he won't.  I bought WoW, GW, and several other big name mmog's to try to unaddict him (and for me too play ) but they didn't work.  Hopefully he sees the light soon.   

• bloodblastabloodblasta Member Posts: 6
    Try Gunz online... it has finnally gotten me away from runescape...
  • wildbeast587wildbeast587 Member Posts: 8
    altough it was bad before now it is becoming really good , now it has better graphics and a life i n the m iddle ages
  • wildbeast587wildbeast587 Member Posts: 8
    my name is wildbeast587 in runescape and i just want to say that runescape is the best game i ever played  and i looked up my  highscores for u to check out

Attack
    Not Ranked

Defence
    Not Ranked

Strength
    Not Ranked

Hitpoints
    Not Ranked

Ranged
    Not Ranked

Prayer
    Not Ranked

Magic
    Not Ranked

Cooking 713,448 57 223,474
    Woodcutting
    Not Ranked

Fletching
    Not Ranked

Fishing 652,039 59 255,860
    Firemaking
    Not Ranked

Crafting
    Not Ranked

Smithing
    Not Ranked

Mining
    Not Ranked

Herblore
    Not Ranked

Agility
    Not Ranked

Thieving
    Not Ranked

Slayer
    Not Ranked

Farming
    Not Ranked

Runecraft
    Not Ranked

Hunter
    Not Ranked

Construction
    Not Ranked

as u can see that my lvls r low but i was able to manage my cooking and fishing lvl up and now im the chef in a clan
  • dratinidratini Member Posts: 74
    my only advise too you is, don't play runescape it sucks;)

I got two Words for you

SUCK IT!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Yep dont even create an account, i played from the start, when i left the game a year ago i had several stats at 99. The game has so many flaws, especially because of the direction the game went. If you like doing quests which are so repetitive, and you like people scamming, cheating, botting and vulgar language then sure play it. But whats the point, its 6 yrs old and even if you play it for a year your hardly gonna get up on the rankings. If you dont care about rankings then try out the unbalanced pvp. In all the time i played, i probably devoted 3-6 hours each day on average over those years. I was soo grateful to find other better games out there with more class, for the same amount of money. This game is just one big repetition, if you find that fun its your call...

• YanggyYanggy Member Posts: 11
    ok so i didnt get into Runescape but i see a lot of kids playing it at the local library computer lab and I did give it a try .  At best it will hold your attention for about 5 mins, at which point you will start to have day dreams and visions about  yourself running rampart through Orc infested Barrens, and Backstabbing every fury 2 legged cow that you see while vanishing in the blink of an eye only to reappear once again behind that cow sappin its strength and planting that nicely polished dagger of EPIC strength into its ....well you get the picture.  If you have an urge to fish and cook all day then of course do it this way because i dont see the  reason to pay14 dollars, but if you like pvp and fighting bag this game and get aboard the next MMORPG express.  Hint WoW, ..........

Players should always remember gaming is very HARD work and Players should step away from activities for a time to rub lips with your wife and kids. But remember keep it short as prolonged attention my encourage longer sessions.

• Fa|conFa|con Member Posts: 57
    This game is one of the worst I have ever seen. The majority of players are 11 or 12 years old, it's horrible.
  • 8299482994 Member Posts: 99

whoa i just read the first few pages and want to disgree..

i play free games better than rs with membership

i like some of runescape but it has a great amount of junk content

graphics.... well you can say its good for java but did they REALLY have to use java???

so its their fault of crap graphics because THEY chose to use it

complicated?

P.S. give turf battles, LC, or maybe SRO a try they're free and pretty decent turf battles has a good community for a free game

and you have an option of pickin up at 100 through plvlers because.. face it lvl 1-100 on that game is a drag

• nightonnighton Member Posts: 8

dont play it.

Oh your God!!!

• sygfreedsygfreed Member Posts: 26

The only reason I played runescape was because a friend told me it was a great game so I tried it because it was free and I didn't have to download anything. It was the worst time in my life. I would rather have a root canal than play Runescape again. 

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.

Sygfreed

• Yankees92292Yankees92292 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 47
    lol paronoidPvP your guy sucked..not that being good at Runescape would be anything to be proud about.. my old characters scores..

Personal scores for Yankees0130
    Skill Rank Level XP

Overall 377,788 1097 7,470,880
    Attack 443,870 70 749,054
    Defence 349,813 67 586,427
    Strength 896,440 62 337,571
    Hitpoints 510,342 67 594,740
    Ranged 665,022 53 143,348
    Prayer 500,907 45 65,274
    Magic 572,362 58 242,473
    Cooking 567,566 60 298,676
    Woodcutting 93,209 81 2,359,967
    Fletching 160,506 75 1,256,050
    Fishing 635,125 60 276,291
    Firemaking 848,567 44 56,790
    Crafting 681,255 46 71,184
    Smithing 981,654 45 67,826
    Mining 780,127 58 228,202
    Herblore
    Not Ranked

Agility 822,863 30 13,485
    Thieving 610,310 38 32,248
    Slayer
    Not Ranked

Farming
    Not Ranked

Runecraft 216,836 44 56,840
    Hunter 164,078 35 23,130
    Construction
    Not Ranked

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

• sygfreedsygfreed Member Posts: 26
    you know for all of you people out there claiming that runescape sucked and that you hate it you seemed to have played it a long time to be able to have such stats.  if you actually liked it say you did. you dont have to lie to make friends

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.

Sygfreed

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by azndarkfirex

I have heard much about it but i do not know if i should waste time on that game,please give me some reasons for playing and what you think of the game?I want to know how many people hate it and how many people like it here.PLEASE TELL ME.
    Because it's the new WoW-killer

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310
    Over-all, Runescape is actually a great game, was one of the first MMORPG's to come out. It was my first and it's like a "gateway  game" for other MMORPG's out there. I would call it a starter online game for new players that are just getting into massive online games. I would never go back to playing it but I would recommend it to others if they haven't tried it, but not to those who have played a game like Lineage 2, WOW, Guild Wars or anything that is much better nowadays. For being pretty much the 1st MMORPG and how long its been around, I give it alot of credit.