Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The great Galactic war

GunnyFisherGunnyFisher Member Posts: 65
Who will win?

what side are you on?

what is your alliance calling this campain? i.e. "Mullacaust" "rapetrain" "operation kill Devs"

why are you fighting?

1. The coalition of course

2. The coalition

3. Operation Pew pew

4. You do not need an excuse to pew pew BoB?

Have faith in God, believe in antimatter.

Comments

• ItsmeeItsmee Member Posts: 49

Its far to early to tell.. But, by the looks of things the Coalition isn't doing as well as they are trying to make out in the Pendelum war.

The weekend was an expencive one for them with the loss of a Titan, mothership and a number of dreads.

Along with the so called rapetrain being raped by one of the BoB titans, then last night -A- losing 43 battleships to a well executed trap while leaving MC space after a failed attack on the MC home system.

The Forces of the Alliance.. seemed to have faired better over the weekend.. the two fronts seem to have balanced out the kill/loss ratio but still it has been quite an expencive one, but not in the same bracket as what the Coalition has had to deal with. Though rumors of shrike DD'ing his own fleet on friday have yet to be resolved. Also a small force of BoB was DD'ed by the newly unveiled -A- Titan.

Also, it seems that LV did lose one of their stations due to a GM screwing up the soverenty of the system and this was exploited by members of Goonfleet.. but this looks like they will get it back.. Plus the Coalition's propgander would lead you to belive that Lotka Volterra is on the verge of being destroyed, however this is proving to be false and in fact it has done nothing but make them fight harder, and the IAC NYX kill under their belt has boosted their moral and in turn boosted the moral of the ISS pilots who helped take the NYX down.

Looking at the killboards, it seems about even.. on number of kills .. however the two capital ships wouldn't have helped the over isk cost for the war and would seem to balance out the baby titan loss and the loss in POS's and equipment (both sides having lost a number of POS's)

The big question is, will the Coalition see the fight through to the end?

Will the Coalition, be able to see this war through to the end, or will the fragile stability of their pact start to come apart.. As rumores about D2 and IRON getting tired with the 'waste of time' antics of Goonfleet. Also rumores that -A- are also getting tired of Goonfleet after it was shown that -A- was not attacking the MC for the hell of it, but ineed their intention was to prevent the MC from aiding BoB in the war, thus confiming the rumor they are indeed on the Coalitions side, going against what the -A- leaders have been saying.

However, it seems that the MC would have rather stayed out of this, but with this attack by Coalition members, does this mean the MC will enter the war?

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Itsmee

*Snip*

Well Well Well, nice to see that BoB's propaganda stick reaches futher then the Eve-O forums, but alas seeing such blatant lies about the overall state of the war is sad. To say that the Northern Coalition is getting tired of the south's work, saying that their "losses" (albiet the Erabus) have been overtly large is nothing compared to the residential stand. Being only a member of a minor alliance in the Coalition I can't say we have helped all that much, but to say  anything but the  fact the Coalition with the aid of RGoons and -A- in the south have stretched BoB's fleet capabiities to their extream. Bob have been flat out removed from Deklien, Fade and Pure Blind and now are fighting down in Fountain where they have been continuesly losing POS after POS to the Coalition Forces. They may nay say that without the Erabus D2 forces are substantially weaker, but in vice they don't know whats going to hit them.

Yes we understand that BoB may be letting fountain be taken, and that FIX have been sent to defend LV space instead of their own. We also know that the next Region will be the main stand of BoB. but if anything - to see BoB's forces come forth because they are lossing ground after ground to the Coalition is an almighty relief and thought. The entire Coalition has not helped out yet, the entirety of BoB's might hasn't been seen yet. But we will kill Shrike, we WILL kill your other titans, we WILL push you into Delve from both the North and the south and we WILL make sure you don't state "you will lose, because we are bob" ever again. The Coalition is yet to show her strength. Oh and straight from an LV player I am friends in RL with, "we could have saved the titan in production if we had acted, but now we are **** and the RGoons are going to take us."

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• GunnyFisherGunnyFisher Member Posts: 65
    If D2 and Iron are getting tired of Goons taking there time, they sure aren't expressing that to there troops, nor the other smaller alliances allied with them. The mantra has always been, "Keep the pressure on BoB, so that RA and the Goonies can work there magic."  I got reprimanded for being to aggresive against BoB. I was told "Stop acting like the war rest on our shoulders, Keep BoB occupied for now, nothing more, and for Gods sake don't show BoB what you have."

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

Only time will tell, but I'm hoping for FIX.

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    I'm sorry Pegasus, we are comming, and your in the way. I never actually looked at you sig before now O_o;; FIX...

Sorry to hear, been good fun. Don't hold grudges out of game ^_^

I will see you but you wont know my char name. Just something to keep off the forums... I hate in game spam ^_^ Alliance mail bug was bad enough.

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234

1. The side with best morale

2. Im in LV

3. Don´t have any fancy(lame :p) name just "war" I guess.

4. Because im having fun and enjoy playing together with people in my corp and alliance

Originally posted by binjuice
    I'm sorry Pegasus, we are comming, and your in the way. I never actually looked at you sig before now O_o;; FIX...
     I will see you but you wont know my char name. Just something to keep off the forums... I hate in game spam ^_^ Alliance mail bug was bad enough.

Heh, we'll see. I take comfort in my alliance's history.

Firmus Ixion throughout history has managed to rise above the many invasions and still thrive in her home region. Even when she was laid low by the CODA war, she survives while her enemies were scattered.

IMHO, there is power to prayer.

Attack if you wish, even if you drive us out of Querious we'll continue to work against you and work to recapture our home. We will not die.

I'll see you in Querious, let's have some good fights.

• ItsmeeItsmee Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Itsmee

*Snip*

Well Well Well, nice to see that BoB's propaganda stick reaches futher then the Eve-O forums, but alas seeing such blatant lies about the overall state of the war is sad. To say that the Northern Coalition is getting tired of the south's work, saying that their "losses" (albiet the Erabus) have been overtly large is nothing compared to the residential stand. Being only a member of a minor alliance in the Coalition I can't say we have helped all that much, but to say  anything but the  fact the Coalition with the aid of RGoons and -A- in the south have stretched BoB's fleet capabiities to their extream. Bob have been flat out removed from Deklien, Fade and Pure Blind and now are fighting down in Fountain where they have been continuesly losing POS after POS to the Coalition Forces. They may nay say that without the Erabus D2 forces are substantially weaker, but in vice they don't know whats going to hit them.

Yes we understand that BoB may be letting fountain be taken, and that FIX have been sent to defend LV space instead of their own. We also know that the next Region will be the main stand of BoB. but if anything - to see BoB's forces come forth because they are lossing ground after ground to the Coalition is an almighty relief and thought. The entire Coalition has not helped out yet, the entirety of BoB's might hasn't been seen yet. But we will kill Shrike, we WILL kill your other titans, we WILL push you into Delve from both the North and the south and we WILL make sure you don't state "you will lose, because we are bob" ever again. The Coalition is yet to show her strength. Oh and straight from an LV player I am friends in RL with, "we could have saved the titan in production if we had acted, but now we are **** and the RGoons are going to take us."

What Progander?

First off I'm not  bob member, and just because you say it doesn't make it so, we don't have a titan for you to destroy (hell we don't have any cap ships.. unless you class a frieghter as a cap ship.).. and good luck trying to push us into delve. The Coalition are not doing as well, as their propgander is making it, as I said its too early to tell who will win and at present its looking about even. 

Also for someone who thinks their clued up on the war is rather clueless.. RA/Goon isn't helping the Coalition they are the Coalition.. also -A- stated they wasn't in the war, they just attacked MC (Not bob... MC for the present have stayed out of the war since their contract ended, but i guess the pounding they gave D2, MM and friends. they are trying to lump them in with the bob forces for some revenge..) for the hell of it.. but as I stated people belived this to be nothing but a lie.. and again you kinda confirm that so I guess we will see the MC forces joining the fray.

And a little point you missed out... LV couldn't have done a thing about their baby titan.. You friend is mistaken.. Once the node had crashed kicking everyone on the node out of the game, the Coalition who was in the next system on a different node just filled the system up causing it to prevent log ins.

Now the fact is.. the War isn't going as well as the Coalition is trying to make out.. they haven't flat out removed bob forces from any where as there are still bob gangs roaming around places like Deklien, fade and pure blind.

• texbradljtexbradlj Member Posts: 3
    Itsmee, you may not be a BoB member but you are obviously very biased, what you stated is clearly very one-dimensional and a good portion just not true.

I myself am very biased so I’m not going to go and say where I think the war is going or who is going to win.  This is an argument that can’t be won on any forums. 

What I would like to add to the topic is that I have been fighting on the coalition side down in Q and have been having a great time.  I have had a blast fighting against FIX and have a lot of respect for them.  There have been a lot of great fights that have been a ton of fun and virtually no smack talk in local.  Mostly just a lot of GF and ext.  Personally from my experience we do extremely well when just facing FIX but not so well when BOB’s Cap fleet is around.  That is all I’m going to say on how we are doing and I’m not going to join a flame fest on who will win or not.
    Originally posted by PegasusJF

Heh, we'll see. I take comfort in my alliance's history.

Firmus Ixion throughout history has managed to rise above the many invasions and still thrive in her home region. Even when she was laid low by the CODA war, she survives while her enemies were scattered.

IMHO, there is power to prayer.

Attack if you wish, even if you drive us out of Querious we'll continue to work against you and work to recapture our home. We will not die.

I'll see you in Querious, let's have some good fights.

Fix will never be put in serious jepordy in this war, because the coalition doesn't want Fix's head on a pole. The goal is BoB and LV's destruction.  If Fix continues on her current course, she will lose territory, stations, and PoS's. In order to avoid this, all Fix has to do is declare nuetrality, and open up her stations.

• JackDonkeyJackDonkey Member Posts: 383
    It's the manipulator up against the guy you'd want to have a beer with.  It's a battle of the 2 most charismatic people in the game, and while xirtams boat has been a rocking since the early days, the other guys boat has been doing fine all along, once the other guys boat starts a rocking I imagine it won't know how to deal.

well I left black omega security shortly before they joined the 5 cause I was sick of fighting my former friends virii post original curse alliance.  but i never even considered rejoining them after they joined the 5.  It's nice the black omega is back playing for the good guys and redeeming themselves by fighting the true enemies of the original curse alliance shinra.

One side is made up of selfish bitches, sheep, and manipulators.  The other side has it's share of sheep, but at least sheep that follow inspiration and comradery.

Do you ever think you'll hear Xirtam trying to sell a constellation/region to someone?  Kind of like saying do you ever think that braveheart dude will take first rights to other peoples women?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    Waiting for: the next MMO that lets me make this macro
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

Originally posted by GunnyFisher
    Fix will never be put in serious jepordy in this war, because the coalition doesn't want Fix's head on a pole. The goal is BoB and LV's destruction.  If Fix continues on her current course, she will lose territory, stations, and PoS's. In order to avoid this, all Fix has to do is declare nuetrality, and open up her stations.

FIX stays true to her word, as our chairman Avernus has stated. IMHO, it would be more damaging to us to give up on our allies in a time of trouble rather than stay faithful and lose the fight.

Despite your animosity to BOB and LV, I think you can appreciate that.

If the latter happens, I highly doubt we'll go away.

EDIT: grammar

EDIT: I would like to make another point. By your statement that we would have to open our stations to you as part of our "neutrality." That, in it's very nature, IS NOT NEUTRALITY. True neutrality would be us closing our space to both sides. Having our stations available to you, as you state, would be practically identical to placing our lot with your coalition.

I should add this: I speak for myself, not my alliance.

Originally posted by PegasusJF

Originally posted by GunnyFisher

FIX stays true to her word, as our chairman Avernus has stated. IMHO, it would be more damaging to us to give up on our allies in a time of trouble rather than stay faithful and lose the fight.

Despite your animosity to BOB and LV, I think you can appreciate that.

If the latter happens, I highly doubt we'll go away.

EDIT: grammar

EDIT: I would like to make another point. By your statement that we would have to open our stations to you as part of our "neutrality." That, in it's very nature, IS NOT NEUTRALITY. True neutrality would be us closing our space to both sides. Having our stations available to you, as you state, would be practically identical to placing our lot with your coalition.

I should add this: I speak for myself, not my alliance.

That is really a sad thing becuase FiX will lose most, if not all of it's infastructure over this. The only thing that is supporting FiX atm, from what i have seen, is BoB's Titans.  BoB is going to abandon Fix when LV falls and the Ragoons come knocking on there door.  Just like BoB abandoned LV.

• darkfish0darkfish0 Member Posts: 65
    1. I think the war will end up all vs BoB, and BoB will lose :)

2. My alliance is anti-BoB, and part of the newly unified North. We get bugged by BoB and allies, and bug them back, but we're not expressly aligned with any anti-BoB major powers.

3. The EVE Univeral War ;)

4. Boredom, mainly...theres no one left to fight up here

--------------------
    Member of Coreli corp.
    We have the boosters you crave!