Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pvp server or not...

I am thinking of playing wow for the first time. I like pve but also pvp specially at the endgame. Is there any good pvp on the "normal" server or should I go with pvp-servers even though I also like to pve?

Comments

• XerqtionerXerqtioner Member Posts: 27
    What you have to understand is that on a PvP server, it isn't strictly PvP. Everything is the same, you get the same instances, same quests, same zones. The only difference is that both factions can kill each other or "gank" when questing or just being in a neutral zone. This is also called World PvP which is PvP outside of the battlegrounds. For PvE servers, it is much harder to world pvp as people have to be flagged and such. Although, getting killed while questing is annoying, but once you get to a higher level, you can easily return the favor.

"Dream as if you'll live forever...
    Live as if you'll die today..."

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    If you enjoy ganking and dont mind being ganked then PvP, if you do mind getting ganked go PvE.

90% of all PvP (on all servers) happen in battle grounds gone are the world PvP days (stopped after the battle ground system was added), TBC hopes to bring it back but so far ive seen little world PvP.

Also WoW's battle grounds are in what are called battle groups, battle groups are several servers (pvp & pve types) around 4-6 servers, so when you join a battle gorund you'll be playing with players on different servers... theres always battle ground matches going on.  And the new arena team system makes endgame PvP very competative.

So what im saying they will be just as much PvP (battle gorunds) happening on PvE and PvP servers.

• cjhrulescjhrules Member Posts: 116
    oki, thx for the answears.I will try pvp server first and if it gets to much ganking I go for pve-servers.
  • AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by cupertino

TBC hopes to bring it back but so far ive seen little world PvP.

World PvP is alive and well on Ravenholdt. STV is a warzone. Both sides mount regular town raids, and nowhere except the starter zones is truly safe.

Best of all, since it's an RPPvP server, corpse camping is comparatively rare. Alot of people won't do it because it isn't RP. My hunter is now up to level 39 and has been corpse camped once in total (even then I managed to escape after only a few deaths).
  • Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by cjhrules

oki, thx for the answears.I will try pvp server first and if it gets to much ganking I go for pve-servers.
    That's the best way to do it.  I personally go for PvP servers, because you get all aspects of the game in one. ^^