Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you're gonna quit, at least do it for the right reasons

fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723

Devs SHOULD play their own game.

How can they do that without a top end alliance?

What are they gonna do, join an empire corp and mine veld?

If you're gonna quit Eve at least do it for the right reasons, like the fact that it's a snoozefest.

I think most Eve players are hanging on to the delusion that Eve will get more fun someday when they have large projectile specialization to level 5. It never does, it just gets more boring until you find yourself not logging in.

Don't waste your time.

Life is too short.

Uninstall Eve and go play something that loves you back.

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Hehe i just jumped into my new battlecruiser and you're so correct lol. I'm waiting for it to be fun or more fun and it's . . . ehh . . . not so much. I think things need to be sped up actually. Like more hands on, then point and click and watch you know.

Oh well, i still love that with EVE i can play a game and not feel like i have to be online 40 hours a week just to catch up.

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Originally posted by Cryomatrix

Hehe i just jumped into my new battlecruiser and you're so correct lol. I'm waiting for it to be fun or more fun and it's . . . ehh . . . not so much. I think things need to be sped up actually. Like more hands on, then point and click and watch you know.

Oh well, i still love that with EVE i can play a game and not feel like i have to be online 40 hours a week just to catch up.

Cryomatrix

Yeah I mean if you find it fun, by all means play.

I just think that alot of players look at the skill system and think "Hmmm I bet this will be alot of fun once I can drive X and use Y"

When you're flying around in an Ibis, out of 60 minutes, 58 minutes are boring and 2 minutes are fun.

When you're flying around in a Tempest with 1400mm T2 guns, 58 minutes are boring and 2 minutes are fun.

The whole focus of PVP is one set of people trying to catch another set of people who don't want to be caught.

Fleets spend minutes or hours sizing each other up and chasing each other around, with the bigger blob trying to catch and buttsecks the smaller blob.

This does not take into account the amount of time you spend on logistics to replenish lost ships.

It literally is 58 minutes of work for 2 minutes of fun.
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I totally disagree with your assesment, but by now ive come to realize that no form of persuasion will make someone like something they dont like. Thousands of people like the game and find it fun to play, some dont. However i think in a way what your saying has to do with the mentallity people get into the game with "omg when i fly a dreadnought ill pwn everyone and have fun forever". Then they realize dreads are just siege ships and suck for anything other than that. What i have always told people who start the game along with my rl friends is: bigger doesnt mean its better or more fun. The most fun i have ever had has been on my rifter along with some friends going out to hunt some people.

The idea that your always hunting people who dont want to be hunted is in every game that employs open pvp. For that matter fleet ops are a drag and i totally agree with you on that. But in some ops were participated in ive had some interesting commanders who fly the covops themselves and warp us within 20km of a long-range fitted enemy fleet and wipe em out before they have a chance to escape. Its all up to the individual to make his or her own fun, and in a way thats what makes peple love the game as well as hate it. Some people rather have a more directed sense of purpose rather than create their own...and thats fine most of those people are casual gamers and they dont have the time to plan how to rule the world etc lol.

Like ive said to many people EvE is nto for everyone, but if one thing draws you to the game im sure youll find many more as you go deeper. I just hope this fiasco will get cleaned up soon and the game can get back to its glory days...its kinda sad that the only game out there of its kind is taking such a beating due to inept handling of a critical situation.

• JackDonkeyJackDonkey Member Posts: 383
    I don't care if devs play. I do care if they play and cheat and then the company basically says "screw you we'll do what we want".  I haven't even played eve for 1.5 years and I knew T20 was in bob (I thought he was in a different corp though).  So if I knew a lot of other people had to know, and he shouldv'e been on a probabtion kind of thing where his cheating wouldv'e been immediatly caught, not cheat... 6 months... hacker... locked threads... forum spammage... investigate... "screw you we'll do what we want"

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    if I were to kill a titan tomorrow and no CCP employees showed up to say grats I would petition it.
    Waiting for: the next MMO that lets me make this macro
    if hp < 30 then CastSpell("heal") SpellTargetUnit("player") else CastSpell("smite") end

• bawldybawldy Member Posts: 151
    Well, while a dev needs to play the game to see how things are working, they do not need, nor should they aspire to be in, any alliance. Since all alliances are polical entities of the game, and the devs should stay out of ingame politics.

The biger != better is so true, most fun I have is in a crow, lost many of them, but would get another and head into battle again...when I lost a bs, the loss was normaly to high to take, so only used them for tactical things in a group.

Now, as too the fun thing, quiting the game...true, if you are not enjoying a game, quit it, go find another, but do voice your reasons if they relate to gameplay or how the game is managed, else changes will never be made to improve the games.

ccp the "we cheat for our buddies and are proud of it" company...

Originally posted by JackDonkey

I don't care if devs play. I do care if they play and cheat and then the company basically says "screw you we'll do what we want".  I haven't even played eve for 1.5 years and I knew T20 was in bob (I thought he was in a different corp though).  So if I knew a lot of other people had to know, and he shouldv'e been on a probabtion kind of thing where his cheating wouldv'e been immediatly caught, not cheat... 6 months... hacker... locked threads... forum spammage... investigate... "screw you we'll do what we want"

Are we expecting devs to make their isk legitimately?

Do you want the developer to spend months building up the capital it takes to be a BoB?

A regular BoB can buy GTC and sell it for isk.

A dev just gets his GTC's for free.
    Originally posted by bawldy

Well, while a dev needs to play the game to see how things are working, they do not need, nor should they aspire to be in, any alliance. Since all alliances are polical entities of the game, and the devs should stay out of ingame politics.

The biger != better is so true, most fun I have is in a crow, lost many of them, but would get another and head into battle again...when I lost a bs, the loss was normaly to high to take, so only used them for tactical things in a group.

Now, as too the fun thing, quiting the game...true, if you are not enjoying a game, quit it, go find another, but do voice your reasons if they relate to gameplay or how the game is managed, else changes will never be made to improve the games.

Well certain aspects of the game can only be experienced in an alliance, I think.

The inty thing is ok until you find a BS that goes faster than you, then it just gets silly.

I think the Stiletto should be the fastest ship in the game not the Typhoon.

As for voicing my reasons, I already have.

The fun to grind ratio in Eve is too low.

I can't be spending 45 minutes grinding isk, it's just not gonna happen.

Life is just too short to spend any time doing something that doesnt either 1) Make you RL money 2) Entertain you or 3) Fulfill another basic human need.
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by fizzle322

I think most Eve players are hanging on to the delusion that Eve will get more fun someday when they have large projectile specialization to level 5. It never does, it just gets more boring until you find yourself not logging in.

I was definitely in this catagory... There are a lot of concepts in EVE that I love, and the setting is great, but it is such a waste of time. I really wish I could get the time I spent playing it for a year back.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by fizzle322

Originally posted by bawldy

Well certain aspects of the game can only be experienced in an alliance, I think.

The inty thing is ok until you find a BS that goes faster than you, then it just gets silly.

I think the Stiletto should be the fastest ship in the game not the Typhoon.

As for voicing my reasons, I already have.

The fun to grind ratio in Eve is too low.

I can't be spending 45 minutes grinding isk, it's just not gonna happen.

Life is just too short to spend any time doing something that doesnt either 1) Make you RL money 2) Entertain you or 3) Fulfill another basic human need.

Yea if you actually read the official forums on this you will see the devs agree with you and have nerfing based planns for certain modules.

• The_RogueThe_Rogue Member Posts: 65

Developers have always played their own games. This is nothing new and should not be surprising. In my opinion it is silly to quit a game souly based on this. Of course if you feel strongly on this subject then you must protest in your own way. Just my own 2 cents... 

• bawldybawldy Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by The_Rogue

Developers have always played their own games. This is nothing new and should not be surprising. In my opinion it is silly to quit a game souly based on this. Of course if you feel strongly on this subject then you must protest in your own way. Just my own 2 cents... 

read up on the whole matter, and you will see the devs playing is not the issue.

The spin doctors and benefactors of the devs actions would love for all to think so, but that is not why people are quiting.

Trust is the core reason, we lost any trust we had of ccp, and warn others of the corrupt nature of ccp.

CCP can change, but it take more then smoke screen sacrificial crap, it takes hard lined actions to remove the benefits gained by the misdeeds.

ccp the "we cheat for our buddies and are proud of it" company...