Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server and E3 for everyone event

GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100

OK, i read that guild wars only will have 1 sever is that true ?

How many people can handle 1 server ? 5k 10k more ?

in 12-14 may tons of people will want to test-play the game, maybe 30k-50k of people or more, it semm to me taht login server will be always full in 12-14 may like in many open betas of NCSoft that servers always was full at first beta launch.
The question is you think that with only 1 server and with tons of people trying to login and play we can login and play the game in 12-14 may or we will always findd the server full ? :P

Gendark Knight of darkness

Comments

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

It will probably be able to handle 500,000 simultaneous users. Expect crowded cities and lots of lag.

Instanced areas will run smooth and swift probably.

Expect the 30 meg download to take FOREVER.

• GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100

::::04:: 500.000 !!! ::::06::

::::08:: That is a lot of people, I hope when they try to make the login at the same time the server not crash ::::01::

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Im basing 500,000 on my experiences with battle.net

Battle.net would allow about that many or even more on.

If Arenanet have

1) Similar structure implimented

2) Improved on the architecture

3) More advanced servers

I think they can easily handle 500,000 simultaneous players.

I just read on the last www.photics.com article that there are 2 separate "worlds" korean and english, in this case I would expect each to handle 250,000 simultaneous users.

Also you mention log-in jams. You're wrong. Keep in mind not EVERYONE will log in at once, once people are in they will go into

1) The game world

2) instanced maps to fight.

The majority of online players will be in instanced maps.

So 500,000 is very doable (battle.net) and since most people will be in instanced maps, server strain will be minimal.

People who are so skeptical are too used to the lame excuses that the current mmorpg companies give that server costs are really expensive so that they can maximise their profits.

Blizzard has had bnet totally free for years and made massive profits. I've always beleived that with modern lower technology costs and more streamlined data transfer code MMORPGS should always have been free.

A pay monthly MMORPG shows me 2 things.

1) The companies network programmers are poor and the game isn't streamlined for online play to modern standards.

2) The company is greedier than the avg company.

This is why I have always been against paying monthly, not because I havn't had the money, but because the principle of the thing has always bothered me. I want arenanet and guild wars to succeed. I need them to succeed. I want monthly fees for games gone.

Regards,

Evil-Killa(ToA) aka Tiberiux

• GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100

___________________________________________________________________________________
    People who are so skeptical are too used to the lame excuses that the current mmorpg companies give that server costs are really expensive so that they can maximise their profits.

Blizzard has had bnet totally free for years and made massive profits. I've always beleived that with modern lower technology costs and more streamlined data transfer code MMORPGS should always have been free.

A pay monthly MMORPG shows me 2 things.

1) The companies network programmers are poor and the game isn't streamlined for online play to modern standards.

2) The company is greedier than the avg company.

This is why I have always been against paying monthly, not because I havn't had the money, but because the principle of the thing has always bothered me. I want arenanet and guild wars to succeed. I need them to succeed. I want monthly fees for games gone.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

I am with you, I also want that arenanet and guildwars goes well but, I want to remember a thing up on the two exposed points.
    Blizzard is making World of Warcraft and one will have him to pay every month to play and I don't believe that Blizzard ::::08::
    "

2) The company is greedier than the avg company
    "::::35::

I will buy GuildWars and World of Warcraft because both are very good games ::::08::