Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did this game get filled with children?

rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 151

Wow is the best mmo, but if you don't play with your friends and randomly join

a group you get people who go afk during a one hour dungeon that turns into 3 hours

due to kids that have somehow overcome the wow universe. 

How do we fix this blizzard?

I have the solution.  Have age based servers.  All the kids can play on their own server.

Have 21 and over servers for adults to play with adults.  That way people can have no excuse

for being immature, but will be required to act like an adult and play like an adult and die like

one.  I'm sick of playing with these confused players.  It's easier to sit in an LA traffic jam, than

deal with so many kids.

{ Mod Edits}

Comments

• HoblHobl Member Posts: 14
    ok im 16, so you would count me as a child. but i think that is actually a great idea. because i hate the immaturity of the kids too hehe :P i just want to play -- not be screwed around by some little 13y-old like honestly -- who pays $20 a month (AUD) to be screwed around for half of it!
  • I don't care for the rampant immaturity, the age thing isn't a huge deal to me. I've met some really mature kids playing this game, which is nice. I've also met some brats who are in the 20-30 range. I don't think an age based server is a viable option, there is no way to actually police it. If it's an unofficial thing, I don't know if it would work or not.

Thus far, if someone goes afk in a dungeon and isn't back in a reasonable amount of time, the groups I've been in have booted them and moved on (unless it's a critical class, but how many immature trigger happy types play healers?).

You are not, however, helping your cause by spouting the word retard in the title. THAT is also behavior that has seriously begun to irritate me in this game. I don't think it's intolerant to expect more class out of people. Carelessly tossing around that phrase has become epidemic on every online game I seem to play, and I've had enough of looking at it.
  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    All ages go AFK during dungeons/groups.

Kids normaly go AFK becuase they're mom calls them for dinner but adults too do, to check on their kids etc, others go afk to answer the phone or door. 

Wether you like it or not you cannot shut out real life playing an MMO or any other game and reallife issues sometimes conflict.  Yes it anoying when some says "BRB" or "AFK 5mins" but thats life guys, im sure you've done it on occasion too.

we just need to make some ownage game that all these immature dumb-@$$3$ cant figure out how to play :P like some really complicated login or something
  • Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

This is why I finally quit WoW for the final time, because of the community. It's disappointing, because I really enjoyed the game, it lacked features but stilled enjoyable,  but the people in it killed it for me ultimately.  No one gave a crap about anyone, so many ninjas, people who were just rude for no reason, people who called you n00b for picking a particular class when they were really the n00b... the list can go on and on. The forums make me cringe, there are people who claim to be proud of being moraless ninjas and its plagued with endless bitching and moaning for nerfs cause they happend to lack the skill to play their class properly.

Doubt they'd ever put age-restricted servers, its sorta descriminating because funnily enough the biggest, arrogant dickheads I've met in the game were in their 20s or 30s. lol. I met 12-13 year olds who were really nice and also complained about the assholes in the game (far and few between, but still there.)

yeah, wheres our damn MMORPG Utopia!! lol
  • PyritePyrite Member Posts: 309
    So who's gonna be checking ID's?  I do agree that most MMO's would be so much better without all those damn PEOPLE!!

The most important part of reading is reading between the lines.

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585

I found half the people that are 'retards' as you say over the age of 18, when I was playing WoW, we had a few 14,13, ever 12 year olds in the guild, they were the nicest kids you would ever meet, they were honest and didn't know that much about the game, it was a joy to play with them, I found most of the people on WoW that annoyed me were the L33Tists that were generally aged anywhere between 16 and 30 imo.

Anyways to the OP: the idea will never work, if you can't stop kids playing GTA then you can't stop kids playing on your WoW servers

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094
    Your all Hypocrites, can you tell me honestly you've never gone AFK in raids or group to sort a reallife issue?  Or are you just better than every one else, "omg my house is burning down, nevermind I have a dungeon to finish".

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    I find it's the older players who go AFK alot.

They tend to have more real life responsabilities.

Things to do that are more important than running a dungeon.

You know, put the kids to bed, make dinner for the wife, pick her up after work, take a phonecall from the boss.

While I can find this very frustrating, I think that the older generation has more sympathy for this kind of behaviour than the young. A sense of perspective perhaps. Understanding that a game is just a game, and no matter how fast we run the dungeon, we will still run it again tomorrow.

I also like having a mixed age group in my game. I'm not scared of interacting with children. They don't annoy me. Old duffers gibbering on doesn't break my stride.Young buck uni students racing off to rule the world.

I do however draw the line at teenagers. People between the age of 15 and 19 should not be allowed access to the rest of society. Put them on an island like in Lord of the Flies, or Battle Royale. Don't let them rejoin society until they are human again.
  • AndoraeAndorae Member Posts: 103
    i also think just like the previous poster said, there is most likely the older people goin afk more because of responsibilities, but they go AFk for GOOD reasons, little shits go afk for like i dont know, baby reasons like changing their diapers :P

i have also however found kids more mature than adults, so age doesnt really matter.
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

thats an easy question. You take a game that is for the casual players, one that is very easy to play, can get to end game in a blink of an eye. Add that it tells you how and when to do everything in the game and you have a game a 5 year old can play. So anyone at all no matter who you are can play it, that is how t got filled with retards

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

I wish I could go in a time machine and go back 2-1/2 years ago and take a screenshot of what the Battle.net offiicial World of Warcraft forums looked like at the time and post them here.  That would explain a lot of it.  But the B.net "kiddies" as they're famously known can't be a very large portion of the total players. 

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• eshieshi Member Posts: 99
    wow, i can't believe this post is about age, i've been playing mmo's since i was 12, and i know i wasn't annoying, people thought i was in college sometimes, it was funny.  AFK is what everyone does, it doesn't matter what age, the only thing that changes is how hardcore the person playing is, and age is irrelevent to this statement, this is more of a personal preference.  I used to play for eight hours a day back a few years ago, but now with more responsibilites hanging over i choose to play less.  Hence, as you grow older you get more responsibilites.  I understand where your coming from though, i hate it when people go AFK after telling you they would play with you.  I get annoyed if they ahve to leave and give me a reason but i get over it, i get pissed when they just go AFK without explaining why.
  • digital_sodadigital_soda Member Posts: 9

I have no problems with kids playing as long as they don't hop on vent/ts. Nothing is worse then having some pipsqueek trying to take over a raid with their little pipsqueek voices. If you are a pipsqueek with a pipsqueek voice rest assured that yes, the rest of your raid on the vent server is indeed laughing at you.

edit: lrn2Hit_puberty

• XeratixXeratix Member Posts: 130
    Oh my God, ive seen Monaer threads...... but jeeze your the biggest moaner here. Its a ...GAME.... theres no problem if kids play it.... omg guy you have got problems!
  • RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    /signed

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• lee91092lee91092 Member Posts: 39
    I don't agree with the age based servers. Firstly, older people can be just as mature as younger people. Secondly, I am fairly young but do not go round acting like an idiot. I understand that acting stupid ruins other peoples experience. If, like you say rmeyer, younger kids get confused, then maybe there should be a different training level for them, which goes through the game more in-depth.
  • LumberghLumbergh Member Posts: 123
    Just play on the Roleplaying servers... No one roleplays really, they only have names like Chastasius instead of Domi Natrix.

mmmm yeeeah, thats greeat, a little to the left would be greeeat, ::sips coffee mug:::

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

How did WOW get filled with children?

Because it was made for children silly...........

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• guitarman_67guitarman_67 Member Posts: 1

Its doesnt matter what game you play you are always going to have children in it.  besides all children are not bad at games like alot of people think. i have a 14 year old brother who tears it up. he is one of the better players in the guild and the guild that he is in is one of the better ones on the sever.  and i tell you what he helps people out alot more then all those so called older better players that they call them selfs.

ive been playing wow since it came out and eveyone goes afk or brb and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

• PegurPegur Member Posts: 5
    1. Graphics (Hey it's a cartoon!)

2. Parents (Hey it looks like a cartoon so there is no harm letting my child play it)

3. Schools (Hey I know one awesome game...)

1 --> 2 --> 3 --> epidemic

To get rid of kids, game needs to be violent and dreadful. Blood, screams, loose limps...

Well... I'm waiting for Age of Conan.

K-18 ftw 
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by guitarman_67

i have a 14 year old brother
    I don't really think people refer 14 year old's as "kids" oftenly. When someone says "this game is so filed with kids" I'm pretty sure they mean people 8-11 year old. And however age doesn't matter for maturity you gotta agree, that if a game contains a large bunch of pre-teen youngsters the community will be damaged. Even tho a few behaves.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by rmeyer

Wow is the best mmo, but if you don't play with your friends and randomly join

a group you get people who go afk during a one hour dungeon that turns into 3 hours

due to kids that have somehow overcome the wow universe. 

{ Mod Edits}

um, isn't that blizzard's target audience?

how would you enforce an age-based server?  scan your driver's license when you logon?  

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?