Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally Confusing

summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
I really wanted to enjoy this so I picked up a copy of the Game with a two month Pre Paid card on it.The account ceation system is one of the worst I've ever seen ! WTF? Cant choose your own password ,when I finally managed to register and tried to check my account status all I get is invalid username or password which they supplied !! So its seems I'm getting to play the 14 day trial only its cost me £20  Once in the game it has one of the most confusing UI 's I have ever seen took hours trying to figure out what your supposed be doing .I wanted to be a Ranger but could'nt even use a BOw until I got lvl 5 and when I did I had no way of using my Freakin Bow . I dont know what all the fuss is about with this game but to me it does'nt seem worth the effort, only problem I have now is trying to get my £20 back which I know is going to be impossible :-(  A word of advice to anyone buying this or starting a new sub be careful its confusing outdated and no fun at all. I'm of back to Everquest 2 a truly polished and proffessional experience !

Comments

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Did you choose US or EU version?

I know the EU version got separate game and subsciption passwords.

The EU version is also know for having a slow registrations system, so if you just created an account, be patient... otherwise, you can always get a new password...if you submitted a real e-mailadress during account creation.

The US version let you pick whatever password you like.

On a sidenote, you wanted a ranger, however! at lvl 1 you start out as a rouge and at lvl 5 you get the option to choose career between beeing a "Rangertype or a Assasintype" if you choose Ranger you can use bow and if you choose assasin you can't.

It can be a bit hard getting started when choosing a Archer, I know from experience myself. They are currently working on a re-design of the archer classes.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    Hm, sounds like you had a hard time...

DAoC is a classic which comes from the "old days" of MMO's. It hasnt been modernised much, regardless of the new graphics. The UI can be confusing and very simple once understood, to use your bow you simply drag it to your bar, click once to equip, twice to load arrow and aim, third time to release the arrow.

As for your subscription, you can change your password via the account page...

---

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    This just must be a genaerational thing but I have never had a problem with the UI.  Hell when the game came out you have no idea what the spells did until you cast it.  Anyway:

1.  You are not a ranger until you are level 5 and that takes less than an hour to get there.

2.  This is an mmo - there is nothing you are supposed to do!  You are in a world, what would your character do in the world?  Quest?  Kill mobs, explore, RvR?

3.  There is a tutoral quest at the begining that walks you through how to set up the UI and how to do all of the simple stuff including how to find quests, move, kill, etc. 

So I really just do not see why you would have had any problems if you would have done the begining quests.  Even if you hadn't it is not that confusing.  You have bars with symbols on them.  You can hover your mouse over them and they tell you what they do. 
  • summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Thanks for the positive replys guys. As I said I really wanted to enjoy this so when I'ved cooled down I'll give it another try and it does look like its got alot of depth !

thanks again for not flaming me

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    On what to do:

On really easy way to level a chracteer to 20 and make phat cash at the same time is to go to the Shrouded isles and take "kill tasks."  Don't take them on the mainland, the mobs they send you after tend to be too spread out (or they were a year ago).  When you get to the shrouded Isles (zone varies depending on what realm you play, if you are a Hibernian ...which I assume since you said ranger...it's called the Grove of Domnan) area walk up to any guard, selecet them,  and type "/whisper task"  or "/say task"   They will ask you to kill something and tell you one direction you can find them in.  Go kill one, come back and click on the same guard, and you will get a ginat wad of Xp and cash. 

Other options at low levels (that take a bit more space to explain well): 1. task dungeons, 2. battelegrounds, 3. questing in the catacombs, 4. farming instances for auerulite (sp?) opens up in the teens.  If you are patient, you will find that your actually playing one of the best MMORPGs on the market.  But with great depth comes an daunting learning curve. Good luck!

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322
    Actually I made that same mistake on my first account. When you are creating the account and press TAB watch where the cursor goes. I've seen several others do this and what ends up happening is that your account name and password end up being the first and second blocks of characters for your cd key. Felt like a noob when the csr I called on the phone told me that my account name was the first 7 characters of my cd key.  While tabbing it would make since that the next block down, where you type in cd key, would be the next, but it skips that one and jumps to the top of the next column, account name.
  • rATIxrATIx Member Posts: 67
    Honestly though, I would suggest you to change over to US servers as there are more players, even if you are european. I have never had any problems with the time zone differences (well, depends on a person, of course).
  • ThornebThorneb Member Posts: 74

wrong forum oops