Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The inofficial "i quit eve thread because of devs cheating" plz list if u have canceled

Comments

• Ashton692Ashton692 Member Posts: 138

My precious T2 BPOs are coming with me into limbo.  But I hear if you join BOB you can get them for free

Actually I'm not giving anything away.  Fact is that next week if CCP actually starts communicating with their client base... and they do a few other things that the players have stated (reinstated K, fire T20, etc.) then given enough time I might come back -- if something else hasn't grabbed a hold of me by then.

Have you guys actually read the thread with the new "Internal Affairs" guy?  It's laughable.  How absolutely little information he is giving.  I was really hoping for something more... but instead it is just page after page of unanswered questions.

• keetha3keetha3 Member Posts: 12
    If you are all quitting for real, I would like to request your ISK or items please.  This a serious request.  Send any ISK or contract any items to Keetha please.  I've been playing about 6 months now, but I'm just a carebear mission runner and I'm still in my newb corp.  Thanks a lot :).
  • RyctorRyctor Member Posts: 32
    MOOMOO AND RABBIT!! 

At the Guiding Hand, we hold the contract sacred - if the client wishes us to skin a target's loved ones alive and wear their face for a mask while killing them, we will do so ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu

• Entaru-adurEntaru-adur Member Posts: 13
    I'd say this is a useless thread. The fact is that most of the people that say they cancelled accounts haven't. And of those who actually do quit, didn't like eve anyways and we're looking for an excuse out.
  • ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

That is the dumbest post ever, first of all... I have canceled both my accounts, second... they will stay closed to EVE fix things up... and third.. I love the game, hate the incident and use my subscription as a tool to get CCP to do the right thing.

See.. you where wrong in all points.

• jpyrichjpyrich Member Posts: 55
    Three accounts cancelled.  Just skilling up until my paid time runs out and then I'll sell my characters, assets and ISK for cash. 

I loved EVE and I will miss it a great deal, but the way CCP is handling this is intolerable.  I refuse to fund that type of company.
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Herkmeck

CAN I HAVE ALL UR STUFF  PLZ  PLZ!!  I am starting new again so I need to be twinked out!!  So if your leaving Can I have it??????

On a more serious  dont let the airlock close on your big arse  LOL
    this guy deserves to play a game with cheating staff.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• Max_TorpsMax_Torps Member Posts: 84
    I've quit 2 accounts. Both relatively new, i.e. <5 months.

My patience with game devs is running thin it seems. The SWG NGE left a bad taste in my mouth so I quit all SOE accounts there and then including my EQ2 and EQ accounts.I don't see any MMO's that I like at the minute so it looks like I'll be saving quite a bit of money and maybe even playing at Real Life for a bit. I've heard the graphics are amazing.

I'm not alone in this either, several people at work and others I know have quit MMO's so maybe about 10 are not playing MMO's at present. It's a small drop in the ocean I realise but  who knows how many others out there are feeling the same way?

Is it so hard to produce a well ordered sci-fi MMO which won't be morphed into a crap version of it's former self or be riddled with cheating?

edit. typo
  • Lord_StealthLord_Stealth Member Posts: 46
    i am letting all 3 of my accts lapse  only 1 left it ends on 23rd

bottom line the eve cheated aided the one group that needs little help if any at anything

5 dev in 1 corp in Bob assume 5 more in Evo and 5 more in BNC yuou got 15 out of 200 employees not all of which are Devs -its just wrong the dev all this has focused on not only gave bils worth of BPOs to his corp CCP left em in their possession so they took this so seriously its laughable or their idea of an investigation  would make Barney Fife look like a top notch investigator.

I READ all 24 pages of the player comments before Kieron locked the intial thread on the scandal-a great deal of things were mentioned many of which I was aware of prior but in the day to day grind I had forgotten. This listed dev violations are tip of the iceberg the corruption at expense of playing customer happens at all levels of CCP staffers from Hellmar on down to ISD guys.

FInally t20 was fully aware of what was going on in bob involving major EULA violations no bob repurcussions

FInally I just spent 500 bucks on computer upgrades to better play eve and given current situation I deeply regret it as I could have gotten an Xbox 360 instead

Since bullshit walks and money talks mine is staying in my pocket

and to the losers asking for our in game stuff shame on you -you think we dont have corpies to give our stuff to ?

too bad I cant sell the char on ebay anymore would have been nice to get back all the money I have wasted on a rigged game over the years
  • bawldybawldy Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Entaru-adur

I'd say this is a useless thread. The fact is that most of the people that say they cancelled accounts haven't. And of those who actually do quit, didn't like eve anyways and we're looking for an excuse out.
    why do I hear pucking sounds on ccp arses? sorry kiddy, ccp isn't handing out t2 bpo's at this time...so move along troll.

i loved the game, and I canceled 3 accounts...all due to ccp cheating and covering it up.

ccp the "we cheat for our buddies and are proud of it" company...

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

Yeah! That'll show them to let the developers have an upper hand against everyone else. Because afterall, that never happens in any game EVER. 

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550
    I demand that you answer my poll.
  • ReprozessorReprozessor Member Posts: 7
    Good poll i voted for No ;)
  • RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550
    Originally posted by Reprozessor

Good poll i voted for No ;)
    100% of people have voted for no. This debate is closed. Polls do not lie.
  • PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    Well I don't play but to help your cause if I did...I'd cancel to

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by Gr4dient

I havn't cancelled, I have just stopped playing.  I have sold, for real life cash, one character.  Two more are for sale.
    I'm keeping my Amarr avatar for the time being.  I want to see her bottom when finally, if ever, they get round to doing walking in stations.  I've popped her into the Privateers corp.  They have no online time requirements or any cheating alliance shit like that.  Her account is paid up until 13 August, at that stage she will be ready to train Dreadnaught V.  I will buy a 30 time card when that expires and change to another really long skill.
    AndI will  keep going like this till I can see her bottom.  Then I will sell her, again for real life cash.
    If I need ISK for skills, I will buy it using real life cash.
    Well, if its ok for BoB and the rest to ignore the EULA then it must be ok for me too.

I was going to quit but then after seeing this, I now also want to see her bottom.....

Actually Walking in stations is a pipe dream carrot like Reverse Enginnering. Oh they will mention it to try and pull players in but uless they can figger out a way to have the players funnel into a room to be slaughterd by the Prats it will never be added to the game.

Nope I did not cancel any accounts over this; 1: this is not new but SOP for CCP. 2: I cancled most of them months back becuse of being lied to about Reverse Engineering finly being activated in game. 

The funnest thing is, back then all the fanboies were shouting "CCP does not lie or cheat!"  Oh thats not the funny part as that was 3 months ago but that the Fanboies are still yelling it. 

The only real problem is that EVE is really the only playable Sci fi game at this point in time.  So you have to look at it like making love to an ugly girl,  while it's not what you wish you were doing it sure beats playing EVE one handed like the fanboies are.  (any sex beats no sex or self )

• diorccdiorcc Member UncommonPosts: 9

Please, can I have your stuff?
    I'll take good care of it :P

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by diorcc
    Please, can I have your stuff?
    I'll take good care of it :P

u sure ? here u get your stuff

LOL

BestSigEver :P

• SeNsaToR1337SeNsaToR1337 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    FFS why the hell do you all want to quit Eve, I mean the only thing that dev game BoB was a few alright blueprints... Wow big woop, either way BoB get's an INSANE amount of ISK from all of their slave corps who are 'renting' space from them.
    Originally posted by LeJohn

Originally posted by Gr4dient

I havn't cancelled, I have just stopped playing.  I have sold, for real life cash, one character.  Two more are for sale.
    I'm keeping my Amarr avatar for the time being.  I want to see her bottom when finally, if ever, they get round to doing walking in stations.  I've popped her into the Privateers corp.  They have no online time requirements or any cheating alliance shit like that.  Her account is paid up until 13 August, at that stage she will be ready to train Dreadnaught V.  I will buy a 30 time card when that expires and change to another really long skill.
    AndI will  keep going like this till I can see her bottom.  Then I will sell her, again for real life cash.
    If I need ISK for skills, I will buy it using real life cash.
    Well, if its ok for BoB and the rest to ignore the EULA then it must be ok for me too.

I was going to quit but then after seeing this, I now also want to see her bottom.....

Actually Walking in stations is a pipe dream carrot like Reverse Enginnering. Oh they will mention it to try and pull players in but uless they can figger out a way to have the players funnel into a room to be slaughterd by the Prats it will never be added to the game.

Nope I did not cancel any accounts over this; 1: this is not new but SOP for CCP. 2: I cancled most of them months back becuse of being lied to about Reverse Engineering finly being activated in game. 

The funnest thing is, back then all the fanboies were shouting "CCP does not lie or cheat!"  Oh thats not the funny part as that was 3 months ago but that the Fanboies are still yelling it. 

The only real problem is that EVE is really the only playable Sci fi game at this point in time.  So you have to look at it like making love to an ugly girl,  while it's not what you wish you were doing it sure beats playing EVE one handed like the fanboies are.  (any sex beats no sex or self )

well...you made me chuckle a few times with anologies..

Now as to the fatchick thing...I would take nothing vs having to settle for the fatchick that lied to me all the time, stole my money, and was feeding her boyfriends with my funds...

moral choice really, be a part of a solution, or be a part of the problem. Those that continue to feed ccp RL cash, are a part of the problem, enabling ccp to continue with their bad business practices.

btw, coldfronts graph was showing a decline in logins...looks to me that the mean average has dropped by a few thousand since the scandal was made public, and the decline continues. Will ccp get a clue and rethink their ways?

• ChipSet91ChipSet91 Member UncommonPosts: 39

Well I must thank the op, I was about to reactivate my accounts when I saw this topic. I’ve been out of the game for some time. So I didn’t know a thing, about the story between CCP and band of cheater…err…brother. After I read all the detail of this story, my 2 account’s are going stay off, I never seen that in any other game before. I mean you can report macro miner or any other player that use an exploit in game. But, when the developers are helping an alliance what can you do? And what proof do I have that CCP is not helping BOB or any other alliance right now? Sorry but, I don’t trust CCP anymore.  Anyway, good luck for people that stay and fly safe =)

Originally posted by SeNsaToR1337

FFS why the hell do you all want to quit Eve, I mean the only thing that dev game BoB was a few alright blueprints... Wow big woop, either way BoB get's an INSANE amount of ISK from all of their slave corps who are 'renting' space from them.
    amazing, you fixated on one little thing, and ignored the whole picture.

CCP lied

CCP provides help to their buddies that others do not get

CCP covered up the whole thing until it was forced to acknowledge the cheating DID happen

CCP then went on a cover up propaganda spree that is still in effect

How much of the cheating CCP did,  and BoB or others benefitted from is unknown because CCP is still lieing to their customers. CCP tossed out a list of crap t2 bpo's to distract...but what about the other things they gave BoB or other buddies...basicly CCP is "F"ing everyone else in the game.

The whole problem  (for special ed people) is trust, we have no trust of CCP due to the way they behave.

now if this is to hard to understand, ask your mommy to explain why you should not trust people that consistantly lie and cheat.

Ther are those so addicted to the game they will contnue to subscribe...like crack addicts...those people have lost the ability to see things as damaging, that they are allowing someone to exploit them for their own gain (take your $$$$ while "F"ing you)...same as a crack addict, those people should get proffessional help to overcome such an extreme addiction.

IF you went to the store, the clerk charged you for your coke, he takes a big healthy slurp from it, spits in the rest, hands it back, telling you how good it is, then allows his buddies to do the same....would you keep going back?

• EeeksterEeekster Member Posts: 5

Cancelled three accounts.

Didn't really care about the accusation of BPO cheating, if anything that was hardly worth mentioning. It is all the other issues that were raised and whitewashed that I was upset by....and the way it was whitewashed - pathetic.

• NetCowboyNetCowboy Member Posts: 2
    lemme tell u one thing ...

im playing eve now for nearly 3 years , i've seen up's and downs of Alliances , node crashes, great  Fleetbattles  without  Lag  ( yes im serious )

i have two active accounts and im in one of the Alliances that are fighting versus BoB ( since the so called  Great Northern War 2003/04 )

the past year there were several hints that BoB ( Band of  Brothers , a big  Alliance  )  wasnt  acting fair and that they  have  Developers  in theire  rows . Multiple  Players  of this  Alliance  were swanking about it.  we just guessed it for years  but finally it was stated for true. in every  time  some super  power alliances meet  BoB something strange happend .  and if a DEV showed up in local  , he showed  up  to thank , reimburse or praise  BoB . in great battles  ( 100vs 100 or more ) something strange happend when fighting BoB , people were lagged out , crashing or even dead without beeing able to do anything.

some weeks ago a great alliance fighting vs BoB and LV ( another Big Allie of BoB ) managed to destroy a Capital Ship Yard containing a titan in production. LV  was fully reimbursed after complaining that the node crashed and they were not able to defend theire system with more then 400+ people in local.

1 1/2  year ago , BoB and ASCN attacked a capital ship Yard of TRUST , containing a mothership  , local was 600+ during theire attack and only 50 peeps of G Alliance tried to gank some , NOTHING WAS REIMBURSED EVER

looking at the isk price on ebay , a titan is worth nearly 12.000 -14.000 €  ( ingame price blueprint, minerals and components needed to build it included , time effort also ) , a mothership is around 8.000 - 10.000 €

ur quite more than angry if u loose such an powerful ship through an exploit that a Dev told ur enemy cuz hes playing in the adverse party.

somehow it seems most of the devs dont like some special other groups , thats sucks cuz u want to be treatet as everybody else , cuz ur paying the same fee. im very dissapointed of that whole crap.

but reallife is also affected. think of spying , i know a friend in a big corp of a big Alliance and he told me they uncovered a spy of BoB in theire corp , who used to show up  regulary  on RL meetings , how ill is that ?

and no , it wasnt a kid he was over 25 , how ill is that

EVE is a good game if u dont start to f*** around with the real Big guys who r cheating , using poor and lame game mechanics at all costs to win , while spamming in the forum how good and skilled they are

i'll not sell my accounts , but i purchased Guild Wars today and already stopped playing eve cuz the accounts are expired while training a lon long skill , wanna try something new
  • HardinHardin Member Posts: 70

I have 3 accounts... all are still active on 6 months subscriptions... In fact I only purchased my third one a couple of weeks ago...

Amarr Victor