Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics-100!

This game has INSANE graphics, sure hope the gameplay has something to offer. Also, the avatars look so amazing I wonder if there will be much diversity. Can't wait to see it in person though.

Oh, and FIRST THREAD EVER!

Comments

• ENVIEEEENVIEEE Member Posts: 11

here let me break it down for you...

IMO....

after doing a little research i wouldnt even call this game a mmorpg. when i think of a mmorpg i think of a seamless world you can roam around freely and explore, meeting new and truly diverse characters that are all special in obvious ways not only in their fighting style. for instance, when i create my character i want to build not only on his/her ability to hit hard and take damage, but also on the characteristics of my virtual self. there is five, thats right, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 different classes to choose from that are all fixed to a certain toon. all battles will be in zone like instances where players can choose the difficulty lvl. these IMO are stages and IMO stages do not belong in mmorpgs. stages usually consist of... spoon fed, follow the yellow brick road, pull this obvious lever (duh!) to get past this dead end, HACK AND SLASH this oversized mob (boss), THE END. ==> next stage pls ==> repeat....

dont get me completely wrong tho... some instances are good. one thing that separates the good instances from the bad is that the good instances are found in seamless worlds where coming across an instance is exciting as you are about to be ported to another dimension/world/time/or dungeon and the only way to get back to your world is by completing the tasks at hand.

however, if a player was to ask for all of this in a game he would surely know we are not capable of applying such beautiful graphix yet. im sure the audio will be equally as impressive with Howard Shore’s music aboard.

all in all they did say it was going to be a console like game and the only thing that makes it a MMO is the cities and towns where you can meet other players in and the zone like pvp fields.

good graphix tho  

• bluehatbluehat Member Posts: 40
    This game has amazing graphics. The USA will not get this game until about 2007.

• Zephyn02Zephyn02 Member Posts: 148
     WOW this looks amazing!!!! Im impressed!!
  • atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by ENVIEEE

here let me break it down for you...
    IMO....
    after doing a little research i wouldnt even call this game a mmorpg. when i think of a mmorpg i think of a seamless world you can roam around freely and explore, meeting new and truly diverse characters that are all special in obvious ways not only in their fighting style. for instance, when i create my character i want to build not only on his/her ability to hit hard and take damage, but also on the characteristics of my virtual self. there is five, thats right, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 different classes to choose from that are all fixed to a certain toon. all battles will be in zone like instances where players can choose the difficulty lvl. these IMO are stages and IMO stages do not belong in mmorpgs. stages usually consist of... spoon fed, follow the yellow brick road, pull this obvious lever (duh!) to get past this dead end, HACK AND SLASH this oversized mob (boss), THE END. ==> next stage pls ==> repeat....
    dont get me completely wrong tho... some instances are good. one thing that separates the good instances from the bad is that the good instances are found in seamless worlds where coming across an instance is exciting as you are about to be ported to another dimension/world/time/or dungeon and the only way to get back to your world is by completing the tasks at hand.
    however, if a player was to ask for all of this in a game he would surely know we are not capable of applying such beautiful graphix yet. im sure the audio will be equally as impressive with Howard Shore’s music aboard.
    all in all they did say it was going to be a console like game and the only thing that makes it a MMO is the cities and towns where you can meet other players in and the zone like pvp fields.
    good graphix tho  

so ur saying its somewhat like guildwars?

• KalleriKalleri Member Posts: 10
    This impressed!! Very Nice!
  • cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148

Don't be so impressed. Webzen sucks as a company.

- There games are total grinds, where you can't do anything but grind and grind and grind

- They have zero customer support

- There website doesn't work most of the time, you can't even change your password!!

- Cheaters everywhere, once there was a hacker who posted everyone's passwords and usernames in his website to one of Webzen's games (MU online)

- SUN wouldn't be any different.

- Stay away from this game, if you don't want to get totally dissapointed

• HaZaDHaZaD Member Posts: 43
    check out huxley and you will be impressed... btw there re still mmo's with better grahpics so i dont understand how people can give archlord a 8-10 in graphics lool..

here a link to huxley check it out
    http://www.webzengames.com/
    hf.. huxley looks really good much better compared to sun
    but still sun graphics rock the house,you can find more infos about webzen and their games on that webpage

• slayer76slayer76 Member Posts: 13
    i give eveything 95%, 5 % for improvement

• bob_sandwichbob_sandwich Member Posts: 45
    graphics are ok but I give the chics 100, wtf?

• VaterexVaterex Member UncommonPosts: 379

This game very much deserves P2P gaming. There is a rumor going around that it will introduce adverts in their game for Free gaming. I just heard it from some guys a few days ago.

{image
  • McYodaMcYoda Member Posts: 40
    Bah, graphics. You like them for the first evening you play. Then the reality strikes.

• pi.til.12pi.til.12 Member Posts: 10
    I 'll wait to play the game and then i will talk about the grafics. Usally  at this stagethe game studios are faking the SS's.

• ZwobotZwobot Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I heard something about the graphics - it´s not so good as u see in the videos...
    whatever^^  - i can´t wait to play this game...
    i´m waiting so long

• VEG5000VEG5000 Member Posts: 45

Ok for all the people who have posted here I will tell you this the Graphics are great better then MMO's out atm I have played about every MMO that has had the best graphics of the year or have seen. I am playing a trial of SUN and the world is very unique yes there are instances there are 3 types 1. you talk to NPC to teleport you into dungen with your self OR group. 2. PVP and 3. outside the gate to travel the whole WORLD you only instance in to towns when you want to go into towns. Woopty-doo if there is a problem with it ^^.

as far as grind my biggest pet PEV its a MMO you are leveling I expect a grind thats the stupid point about MMO's and Characters ..SOME MMO's Grind faster then others..ok back to SUN ^^ the grind is not that bad it is acually a mid-fast grind faster then Lineage 2 from my aspect. understand the only way I am trying SUN is KOB and I read a little Korean so if you cant it will probley ruin some of your game play with out it being english. It apears to be a good game for 2007 along with another MMO in waiting to try AION.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• ZeroDepthZeroDepth Member Posts: 142
    Huxley I agree looks good, but I hope the gameplay is just as good as the graphics lol.

Huxley reminds me of Unreal Tournament 2007, and a MMORPG combined just by looking at the screens.

• Gamepro2kGamepro2k Member Posts: 2
    I 2 have played the KOB and ill be the first to say that the graphics are not faked nor do they require a top of the line computer i was able to max it out with a 9800 pro (on NOS) @ 1024 by 768 and avg 30 ish FPS also the game play is rather fast and a fun game to play with a group of friends. Solo this game currently lacks a bit. Note this is the KOB and i cant read to much koren . I found it real fun to jump on Vent. with a group of 8 guys and slash my way throo a instance.
  • mtgsongmtgsong Member Posts: 51
    graphic is great and everything. just wondering how the game play is.
  • NewbKingNewbKing Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by cdeepal

Don't be so impressed. Webzen sucks as a company.
    - There games are total grinds, where you can't do anything but grind and grind and grind
    - They have zero customer support
    - There website doesn't work most of the time, you can't even change your password!!
    - Cheaters everywhere, once there was a hacker who posted everyone's passwords and usernames in his website to one of Webzen's games (MU online)
    - SUN wouldn't be any different.
    - Stay away from this game, if you don't want to get totally dissapointed
    How do you know they suck? They only have one game out so far. Which is MU online. That game sucks but look at the other games they are developing. SUN sucks right now because they are in BETA!!!! They have to fix bugs, improve things. You don't know how their company will turn out.
  • mtgsongmtgsong Member Posts: 51
    well, basically everything u said is true. most of "ALL" games are like that
  • mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

yea we will see once it actually comes to retail what the game is like. With all kinds of changes they do we will see