Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantic Shard History

sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Stumbled across this:

Atlantic Shard History

Comments

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    Wow that is really cool.  It really took me back reading that article.  I wish those days were still around, unfortunatly gaming has taken a total different path :(  The idea of really F'in up somones house made the game intense and fun.  Wow I really really miss those days, I would pay ANY price to play a game like that again.  I miss old school UO

I remember using my theif to mess with LoA guild that had a nice established area SE of Yew.  I would hide and try to run into their guild house and steal stuff just to piss them off.  They were a pretty cool guild, just an easy target because my house was near by lol.

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

That did bring back some nice memories, but it was a major whitewash of Atlantic's history.  Atlantic was the home of several large guilds who's primary goal was greifing other players (according to their own websites, I forget the name of the guild who's motto was "We'll make you quit the game").  Atlantic was known as the server with the largest number of greifers.  Atlantic had the largest population and the worst reputation in the game up until Trammel was introduced.  Not that playing on Atlantic wasn't fun, but it wasn't just a bunch of large battles among honorable players on both sides.

Obee, you are right.  There were some real greifers on Atlantic LOL.  However, this is what made the game fun for me, I still remember the first time I got PK'd in some woods SW of Yew and the PKer was using a crossbow and freeze combo that was deadly at the time.  I was so scared because I knew I would lose everything I had on me once he killed me.  And I loved ever second of it! 
  • bryanAbryanA Member Posts: 62
    The people in LLTS are bohemian. I heard none of them are gonna vote for Barack Obama because he used to pwn them back in the days he used to play UO I remeber it now " LOLZ my HAX pwned you ALL!" Fun times and those were the days he would pull all nighters if you know what I mean =D huh Barack you liked the nose candy huh. Well so do I =D "Obama vote for him just to make history"
  • ZitchZitch Member Posts: 129

Atlantic was my shard up till about 2001

I had a house just across the bridge from Vesper bank, prolly the last year or two that I played. Just a Vendor location as I had my main home elsewhere...

I ended up losing all that because I switched to Siege Perilous and let it all go on Atlantic (decay).

The only Guild I remember, and that was because I hated them for what they did to me, was Trinsic borrowers (TB). Still it was my fault, they just really screwed me :p

No more Trivial MMO's, let's get serious "again". Make a world, not a game
    What I listen to :)