Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Thoughts About The GameSpy Preview?

UnKn0wNUnKn0wN Member Posts: 59

Just curious how you all felt about the new info and preview done by GameSpy. I had been waiting for a good preview of the game since it's scheduled for a release in 2-3 months. If you haven't seen it on the front of MMORPG.COM go have a look.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars/509820p1.html

A great read for Guild War fans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

War Doesn't Determine Who's Right, War Determines Who's Left.

Comments

• FitzchevFitzchev Member Posts: 6

Seems very promising - screenshot are awesome image !... but i prefer waiting for the demo or beta before giving any opinion. I already read some good preview on other MMORPGs but i was very disappointed when i tried them - poor interface, slow graphic engine,etc... i like the way you can handle future expansion : only 1 person in a group/guild can buy it and invite the others. But could you invite just 1 person or more image ???

Fitz

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I thought it was ok.  I like the fact they mentioned that they did use a beefy system for preview.  Plus also that they thought the controls still needed work.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

I very much doubt that the game will be released in 2-3 months.

It's still in alpha. Beta hasn't even started. Much less public beta.

Calculate 2-3 months ONCE public beta starts. Which is still probably 3-6 months away.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

My prediction for the release is late 2004 if not 2005. As was mentioned above they are still in Alpha phase. Then there's the Closed Beta Phase, then the Open Beta Phase... Give each of the beta's a minimum of 1 Month. your still in the 2nd half of the year.

What's surprising is the fact they are releasing a playable DEMO next month. (12 days from now!!!!) for the public to enjoy for 3 days. If they feel comfortable enough to release a demo, perhaps the Alpha development stage brought the game closer to completion than we originally thought?

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• simsloshsimslosh Member Posts: 30
    I think it was interesting.It had good screenshots too.image