Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music MMORPG???

I'm REALLY curious to see if there is one out there, an ACTUAL good one at that. If anyone knows of one, help me out please.

"Holding on to what I have, pretending I'm a superman."

Comments

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    I can't really think of a game which is purely music-based.

That said, Lord of the Rings Online features a /music command.  Basically, you type /music, and your character pulls out the instrument  you have equipped.  You then press numbers 1-8 to sound a note.  You can also hold shift for a higher note or hold alt for a lower note (maybe not those exact keys, but it's something like that).  As I recall, there's a little over a half-dozen instruments in the game, though some aren't implemented yet.  Aside from the unimplemented instruments, they all sound different.  People actually play songs in game.  Sometimes they'll jam together.  Many suck, but some are quite good.  LotRO might be a very typical fantasy MMO in terms of gameplay, but it has a handful of completely unique features.  This is one of them.  It makes sense.  There was a lot of singing and music in Tolkien's books.
  • LightXZLightXZ Member Posts: 67
    I'm looking more along the lines of a "manage your own band" or something like that kind of game. But not really.. a text based game.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

Good luck with that.

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    I don't know what to tell you, man.  I'm racking my brain.  I can think of a few band simulators released over the years.  None of them were anything like a mmorpg, though.  Honestly, I don't think it's even possible.  Go to youtube and listen to the background songs of the MMORPG videos.  If that's what passes as music to us, what hope is there for a music mmorpg? :(

Wait!  You could go on Myspace!  Enough bands are there to consider it massively multiplayer, and since most of them are only pretending to be good, it's kinda like a roleplaying game, right?  ...  Right?      Maybe not.
  • LightXZLightXZ Member Posts: 67
    lol it's okay, thanks anyway.