Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No offense

DragonRyderDragonRyder Member Posts: 19
But i dont think this game is worth buying. I was part of the open beta, and all it was, was trying to level up and that seemed pretty much it. The PvP was like go up to someone and kill them, to pretty much anyoen u wanted to. Soooo... unless you like all out level up and fighting games you may like it.

Comments

• EzrydyrEzrydyr Member Posts: 49

I might as well prepare for the flaming to come, but I feel compelled to say this.

Why do people feel the need to post thier dislike of a game in the general discussion area?  MMORPG has a place where users can set reviews of the games and rate the games to affect their overall ranking versus other game in the genre.  I check those reviews before I even try a beta for any game.  That seems like a more appropriate place for this kind of topic/thread.

When I think of a general discussion area, I think of a place where players go to dicuss the game.  Heck, throw in a discussion of topics that developers who may read the boards can use to improve the game.  Let people who are trying to make th most of the game discuss the features, quests, races, classes, tactics, strategies of the game have an open forum to talk about that stuff.  Share an amusing anecdote about your last gaming session, "Well, this orc walks into a bar...."  Whatever.  Just talk about the game, not your opinion of the game.

I enjoy Lineage II.  I like the MMORPG boards becuase you can engage in discussions with players who often have experiences in other games and can use that background to get into better discussions of this game.  I think this is a great forum for those topics. 

There are more appropriate venues to vent your dislike for a given game.  I am not trying to squelch anyone's freedom of speech.  I am just asking people to exercise a bit of consideration for others and place their reviews where they belong.

Is that too much to ask?

image Ez image

EZ

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" --Mitch Ratliffe

EZ

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" --Mitch Ratliffe

• LilMohLilMoh Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Ezrydyr

I might as well prepare for the flaming to come, but I feel compelled to say this.
    Why do people feel the need to post thier dislike of a game in the general discussion area?  MMORPG has a place where users can set reviews of the games and rate the games to affect their overall ranking versus other game in the genre.  I check those reviews before I even try a beta for any game.  That seems like a more appropriate place for this kind of topic/thread.
    When I think of a general discussion area, I think of a place where players go to dicuss the game.  Heck, throw in a discussion of topics that developers who may read the boards can use to improve the game.  Let people who are trying to make th most of the game discuss the features, quests, races, classes, tactics, strategies of the game have an open forum to talk about that stuff.  Share an amusing anecdote about your last gaming session, "Well, this orc walks into a bar...."  Whatever.  Just talk about the game, not your opinion of the game.
    I enjoy Lineage II.  I like the MMORPG boards becuase you can engage in discussions with players who often have experiences in other games and can use that background to get into better discussions of this game.  I think this is a great forum for those topics. 
    There are more appropriate venues to vent your dislike for a given game.  I am not trying to squelch anyone's freedom of speech.  I am just asking people to exercise a bit of consideration for others and place their reviews where they belong.
    Is that too much to ask?

Wooooot!!!image Finally someone stepped up and said sumthing about all those who dislike the game and post it up. No one really cares. Everyone has different tastes about games. I personally like Lineage 2. I just bought the game and i dont care what anyone has to say about it. If anyone hates a games u dont need to tell everyone. Usually threads are for people getting the game and would like to talk about it being a good game. If u dont like the game fine. That doesnt mean everyone else is gonna follow what you think.

• yawgmothyawgmoth Member Posts: 1

Actually, I liked the game a lot. I was part of the open beta (wish I could ahve gotten into the closed) but I dont know why people have a problem with it. It is only boring if you play it like that... if all you do is to level up then sure it will be boring. But if you do quests, try a lot of races, solo a lot, etc it can be really fun. It helps to have friends that play too so you can party with someone familiar. And too little skills? Not even... just fighters alone have a nice selection of skills (at least human and dark elf) and when you get to level 20+ (it's not as hard as people say it is, I got there in the week that I beta tested it, with 2 characters...) the skills get even better, and at 40+ even better. And when Chronicle 1 comes out I heard that lvl 60+ classes and skills will be added. So chear up! It's just beginning, dont be anti-social in it and make friends and you'll have a very fun time playing.

I havent been able to play the actual release yet, from from what I've seen it looks so much better than the beta, and I will be back on soon!

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

I can see why alot of people dislike the game. But they arn't reasons that make too much sense to me... Like all you do is attack monster after monster till you level... Well name an MMORPG that you don't fight mobs to level. Also alot of people don't like the character customization. But deal, You get different types of armor and stuff to make your character look different. I don't see the character customization as a very big deal. As far as the PvP... All you do is run up and attack someone? Its hardly ever that easy. There is alot more to being a good PvPer than that. You need to use your skills, spells, potions and SS to win a fight. And when people start having guild wars and castle seiges, its going to be alot more than just "running up to someone and hitting them."

I love this game. For me, there are alot more reasons to like it, than to dislike it. Thats why I bought it and I play whenever I have free time.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• ArleonenisArleonenis Member Posts: 69

Raunu -> eve online thats why i play it:)

To lineage 2 looks great but it bored me to hell, its fun in one two weeks than it is boring, and all peoples look same, armor (3 sets of good d grade (compound, dwarven and mithrill, you use d grade up to lvl 40)) so not much sustomization, and most go for mithrill as this give set bonus, so clone are to the end:)

And forums is place to write opinions, rating? who look at this? Most of ratings are from peoples that watched movies only (that are great)

• LilMohLilMoh Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Arleonenis

And forums is place to write opinions, rating? who look at this? Most of ratings are from peoples that watched movies only (that are great)

Okay first of all we did not watch the movies only. I played open beta and so did thousands others and they all liked it. All of my friends in the game say they were gonna get it. Besides the movies barley show us anything. You need to experience the game to rate it. But like I said before, we all have different tastes for a game.

• LypheusLypheus Member UncommonPosts: 82

::::37::

This nonsense with people whining about negative posts is just too funny. Look, this is a forum for discussion on Lineage II. It's purpose is to allow people to communicate thoughts and ideas wrt the game of Lineage. Some people have a negative opinion while others a positive opinion.

Posting in the negative is the same as posting in the positive, except they represent two opposing view points of the game.

As for the game itself - the original poster is correct. This game offers absolutely nothing over any 2-3 year old MMORPG already on the market, with the sole exception of some fantastic graphics.

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

Some people like different games...
    Like i thought Eve, Earth & Beyond, and DAoC sucked ass... But alot of people like those games.

Maxxx - Sieghardt - 3x Elf Scout - Lineage2

• DescDesc Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by LilMoh
    Wooooot!!!image Finally someone stepped up and said sumthing about all those who dislike the game and post it up. No one really cares. Everyone has different tastes about games. I personally like Lineage 2. I just bought the game and i dont care what anyone has to say about it. If anyone hates a games u dont need to tell everyone. Usually threads are for people getting the game and would like to talk about it being a good game. If u dont like the game fine. That doesnt mean everyone else is gonna follow what you think.

LOL LilMoh, you don't know what your talking about if you just bought this game hehe. When the half nakid toons and graphical eyecandy were off you will be back here saying golly you guys were right! This game is a bit boring I have played for 2 weeks and I am still level 5 and I don't have any adena. Hmm maybe go buy some from ebay then you will at least be a well equiped Lvl 5 :P

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Well Ezryder,

When I log onto forums I want to hear both the good and the bad about that particular game.

I want to read why ppl don't like the game, why they like it and so on. What I don't want to hear about is how it compares to FFXI, EQ, DAOC or any other game in existance. I have many reasons I dislike the game, and there was nothing even remotely good enough to keep me interested at any point to spend more than an hour here or there playing it, and I'm easily addicted to online games.

Well there's my 2 cents... and a nickle.

---------------------------------------
    With every post I lose just a little bit more of my sanity.

Peace,

Dracius
    ---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

people post negative comments so that others will not blow money on a useless and pointles sgame.

I actually appreciate both positive and negative posts.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ross1893ross1893 Member Posts: 47
    i played this game during closed beta and it wasnt even close to lin 1. I presently still play lin 1 and love it....anyone who left, go back!!!!!!!image .....please? seriouslyimage....GO NOW!