Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who here is currently playing DAOC?

DowieDowie Member Posts: 280
Just intressed to see how many is currenty active and playing DAOC on these boards. Myself is Playing a Skald on Gareth called Dowie in the guild Swedish pride.

Comments

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189

I was playing intensively a few years ago on Bors, but after experiencing the mass move to WoW and other games, DAoC just wasn't the same anymore. All the guys I played with quit. The last guild I was an officer in dissolved, and I lost motivation to stay. I decided to give other mmos a go, but I never had as much fun as I had in DAoC.

I tried returning a few months ago on european servers, but the game felt dead. I only saw a handfull of other players in the 14 days the trial lasted.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I still play...though I've been messing with Vanguard the past few weeks.  I've got an account on Gareth and still hit the BG's from time to time... I be back more soon....just checking out what other games have to offer....

(still nothing like DAOC's rvr)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SubrennaSubrenna Member Posts: 31
    hmm... I play - my b/f that got me playing, my sis and brother in law... and 2 other friends.  My b/f and I play Classic sometimes,  but despite the louder spoken people - prefer ToA servers.   Brother in law is hard core Mordred
  • MaelstromWARMaelstromWAR Member Posts: 99
    I play and 2 other friends play that I know
  • RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310
    I still play  Daoc I play my Nightshade on merlin and my heretic on the classic server 864 AF rules on a heretic talk about OPed.

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• ThedreademuThedreademu Member Posts: 44
    I'm currently leveling a Infiltrator on Gareth and a Bonedancer on Lamorak.
  • OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636
    I'm playing on Gareth atm, but I played on EU-servers before.
  • WerppaWerppa Member Posts: 211
    I'm coming back in a week or so. I'm coming to alb/gareth and before that I played in EU and U.S servers

"I actually cook my meat with nothing but my burning hatred for vegetables"

• Currentley playing on Mid Gareth :)

/salute

• jeeperzjeeperz Member Posts: 71
    I play Devon cluster Hib, Gareth Mids, Merlin Albs, and occasionally anything Gaheris.   My man plays the same.   Current favorite chars - Warden, or Valwwalker, - Skald  - and either Reaver or Heretic
  • hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322
    Just came back myself and am playing all 3 realms on classic. Probably going back to lancelot when 1.88 goes live. With as many people that play in the bgs on classic, NF seems to have about the same number of people as classic at any given hour. Plus, that's where my 11 50's are. Probably going to dust off the old scout when the patch goes live. A lot of people I've met on classic are transplants form the EU servers. They all felt the same way about the no pop on their ser5vers so they brought their guild over.
  • WerppaWerppa Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Ogrelin

I'm playing on Gareth atm, but I played on EU-servers before.
    This is a bit off-topic but which server did you play in EU?

"I actually cook my meat with nothing but my burning hatred for vegetables"

• DowieDowie Member Posts: 280
    Originally posted by Atrebates

Currentley playing on Mid Gareth :)
    /salute

What is your name in game?
  • JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357
    I just reactivated my account and created a Ranger on Gareth. Community isn't as good as it was before WoW hit the shelves, but it is still one of the best. They've changed a lot about this game and I think it is worth looking into again if you left for some game mechanic or another.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322
    Of course the community is having problems on hib gareth. The normal pop gets a daily injection of noobs from other realms that just show up to be on the winning team. I came back to hib gareth and have since left for mid lam and I see a dozen new stealthers and animists in DB every day.  If you want a challenge, be different and roll a mid. Or if you're severely sado-masochistic, roll an alb.
  • Atrebtes of Myth :)

www.mid-gareth.net for all things Mid

/salute

• GrizzlytexasGrizzlytexas Member Posts: 24
    Still playing after 5 years and having fun. Tried WoW, EQ2, Vanguard, and SW. But always cam back.
  • Sandman32Sandman32 Member Posts: 78
    I have reallllllllllllllly been thinking of coming back to DAoC for a while.  Need something other than supreme commander and c&c3 when they come out.  I had a 50 zerker and a 50 savage and a ton of other alts when i played.  Always enjoyed the vw and the vamp.  I just dont know if ill have the same amazing experience with daoc that i did when it was in its prime.
  • JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by hogscraper

Of course the community is having problems on hib gareth. The normal pop gets a daily injection of noobs from other realms that just show up to be on the winning team. I came back to hib gareth and have since left for mid lam and I see a dozen new stealthers and animists in DB every day.  If you want a challenge, be different and roll a mid. Or if you're severely sado-masochistic, roll an alb.

I play Hib Gareth, Alb-Lamorak, and I would play Mid-Ector if there was a stable enough population for a new character to level from 1-50 mostly with a group, and get his Epic quests done, and all the other raids completed that he needs or wants, and on top of that find a guild that rolls together in RvR no matter what class or spec you have. However, I have rolled Mid on this cluster within the past year and while the community were more mature, there was hardly anyone playing and it felt really lonely.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• MallarkyMallarky Member Posts: 73
    I play Alb-Morgan