Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG!!

This game is so good. It totally snuck up on me.IMO think its going to be a big player when it goes live.  I hope its a p2p because you usally see more mature people in p2p games.I also love the renaissance type art style reminds me of FF9 and a little of FF12. So if anyone wants to join up in game my Family name is Fauxhall.

PS- I know its a pointless thread but I had to post my thoughts and see if anyone feels the same as me.

[size=16pt]The Scions[/size]
~A Mortal Online Guild~
www.scionsonline.com

Comments

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224
    I actually don't hope it's to P2P already on a budget. Ethier ay if it is or is'nt , i'm sure there won't be to many immature kids in the game because the controls are to complex. They'll get bored of it on the first day.

==============================
    He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    ==============================
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

• fauxhallfauxhall Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Mr.Man_7

I actually don't hope it's to P2P already on a budget. Ethier ay if it is or is'nt , i'm sure there won't be to many immature kids in the game because the controls are to complex. They'll get bored of it on the first day.
    Ya I kinda of agree. But I still think it should be p2p.

~A Mortal Online Guild~
    www.scionsonline.com

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    I prefer a p2p system than an online shop system many of those f2p games use. If you release the game might as well allow everyone to have acces to the same thing or dont do it at all, but thats my opinion. Im sure many people like the online shop idea. But this game is truly a gem and i hope it only gets better as time passes by.
    ya an item shop would murder this game for me.

~A Mortal Online Guild~
    www.scionsonline.com

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure this isn't an item shop game in asia. Its along the L2 model from what I've heard. Gameloading might know, he's followed this game for a long time.

There are a few different types of MMOs in Asia. The "premium" titles like L2 and this one (to name a few) and all the secondary item shop games. The item shop games are not really "developed" from the ground up like a regualr MMO but use licensed engines. (hence the similarity of alot of item shop games)

Anyway, I've played this for a few hours today and really I gotta say I am pleasently surprised.

Things I liked

• The whole frickin atmosphere - Lord this game just oozes style.
    • The 3 controlled characters. Very  nice, easy to manage. Its such a simple smooth control its really sad. Makes western game designers look like drunk monkeys tryng to put together a jigsaw puzzle. (yes thats directed at Vanguard)
    • The music (the calm piano in town vs that techno'ish - classical in the adventure areas, very nice touch)
    • Skill system, very nice
    • Performs smooth as glass and looks fantastic
    • Love the NPC zoom, dialogs are very well writen, nice translations (so far)
    • The classes...I have a musketeer!!!!! To cool

Things I did NOT like

• no customization at creation - blah
    • feels a bit linear and sort of grindy
    • shop system to sell...come on Korea, get with the program add some frickin auction houses in these damn games.
    • Zones

On the fence

• The missions. Kill task but some storyish objective based missions.

Also, looking at the blurbs in the loading pages, this game doesn't have all the features yet.

I'll add more later I guess...........

• boommer99boommer99 Member UncommonPosts: 309
    Originally posted by Torak

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure this isn't an item shop game in asia. Its along the L2 model from what I've heard. Gameloading might know, he's followed this game for a long time.
    All K2 Network games seem to use the 'item shop' system.  So it is likely this game will have some variation of that.
    Things I did NOT like

no customization at creation - blah - K2 Network has already said the NA/EU version will have more customization at creattion.
    feels a bit linear and sort of grindy - K2 Network is 're-thinking' the story, this may assist with this 'linear' feel (at least I hope so).
    shop system to sell...come on Korea, get with the program add some frickin auction houses in these damn games. K2 Network already said there will be an auction house added to the game.
    Zones - While the 3 above bothered me, this is not really an issue for me.  I guess I am just used to FFXI.  But there is not much anyone can do about the way this was designed.

---
    Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%

There are a few different types of MMOs in Asia. The "premium" titles like L2 and this one (to name a few) and all the secondary item shop games. The item shop games are not really "developed" from the ground up like a regualr MMO but use licensed engines. (hence the similarity of alot of item shop games)
    Anyway, I've played this for a few hours today and really I gotta say I am pleasently surprised.
    Things I liked

The whole frickin atmosphere - Lord this game just oozes style.
    The 3 controlled characters. Very  nice, easy to manage. Its such a simple smooth control its really sad. Makes western game designers look like drunk monkeys tryng to put together a jigsaw puzzle. (yes thats directed at Vanguard)
    The music (the calm piano in town vs that techno'ish - classical in the adventure areas, very nice touch)
    Skill system, very nice
    Performs smooth as glass and looks fantastic
    Love the NPC zoom, dialogs are very well writen, nice translations (so far)
    The classes...I have a musketeer!!!!! To cool

Things I did NOT like

no customization at creation - blah
    feels a bit linear and sort of grindy
    shop system to sell...come on Korea, get with the program add some frickin auction houses in these damn games.
    Zones

On the fence

The missions. Kill task but some storyish objective based missions.

Also, looking at the blurbs in the loading pages, this game doesn't have all the features yet.
    Totally agree about the pro's of the game, and agree with most of the con's. But I would have to say my favorite part of the game is the atmosphere, I love classical vibe of the game.

~A Mortal Online Guild~
    www.scionsonline.com

• CeohaiCeohai Member Posts: 305
    Originally posted by boommer99

All K2 Network games seem to use the 'item shop' system.  So it is likely this game will have some variation of that.
    Things I did NOT like

no customization at creation - blah - K2 Network has already said the NA/EU version will have more customization at creattion.
    feels a bit linear and sort of grindy - K2 Network is 're-thinking' the story, this may assist with this 'linear' feel (at least I hope so).
    shop system to sell...come on Korea, get with the program add some frickin auction houses in these damn games. K2 Network already said there will be an auction house added to the game.
    Zones - While the 3 above bothered me, this is not really an issue for me.  I guess I am just used to FFXI.  But there is not much anyone can do about the way this was designed.

actualy there's an auction house in the korean version already, so expect both english versions to get it.
    Originally posted by deaddeath

Things I did NOT like

actualy there's an auction house in the korean version already, so expect both english versions to get it.

Well thats all good news then.

You gotta understand, I played L2 for about a year on and off and made it to FULL B grade legit. (actually had 1 fully equipped C grader and 3 or 4 full D graders on top of that..and helped out a few people on top of that....) So I'm a bit phobic about player shops...........

The lack of customization on a cetain level doesn't bother me to much, there are alot of cloths ingame to buy but things like facial hair are a sore spot with me and the choice of a few "different" hairstyles. Spikey anime and swept across the eye anime dont count.

Story is good, I like story. RPGs tend to favor strong stories. That would fit well into an MMORPG.

All in all, this game is definately off to a great start.

The lack of customization on a cetain level doesn't bother me to much, there are alot of cloths ingame to buy but things like facial hair are a sore spot with me and the choice of a few "different" hairstyles. Spikey anime and swept across the eye anime dont count.
    I think they are going to add more customization either in open beta or when it goes live. I dont think They are stupid enough not to add more customization.

~A Mortal Online Guild~
    www.scionsonline.com

• vortal1vortal1 Member Posts: 33

Yeah the game is good.

Personally I can see K2 implementing the things like AH (as someone else has already said this is already in the Korean version) and also add some more customisations but I do not expect them to change the story or quests (they may add some more) as this is alengthy, costly processes and is expenancal as the game continues to be developed.

A boxed version with some extras (ala WarRock) and an item mall is what I expect the revenue model to be, but I stress that this is just my opinion.

Great game which I hope does well.

Vortal

www.psfei.com

• CeohaiCeohai Member Posts: 305
    I really dont think K2 will add any customaziation features that arnt already in any of the other versions, aside from maybe making some of the item mall items from the other versions free.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Granado Espada will most likely be an item shop game. all versions are item shop, and I don't think the Singapore version will be diffrent. I'm not sure what K2 network will do though.
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Granado Espada will most likely be an item shop game. all versions are item shop, and I don't think the Singapore version will be diffrent. I'm not sure what K2 network will do though.

Thats sort of disappointing to hear. I wonder what the profits are like "shop system" vs subscription based.

Just from tinkering around with several free to plays (nothing serious, but I have looked at a few) its seems they are always packed and some cases, like Silkroad, you can't hardly get onto a server.

Then on the other hand, you can log into alot of subscription based games and they are like ghost towns....then many western made games do end up like that (no attack intended) Many western games seem to draw much smaller audieances and fizzle out and die much faster then their asian counterparts.

A good example is DAoC. This game should still be thriving based on the common complaints about MMO's. DAoC pretty much fits the bill for what most people claim they want. (especial the disgruntled WoW crowd)  BUT the game is dying and deserted.

Shops seem to make it much easier to be "casual" about gaming.

/shrug...who knows...Granado Espada is a good game, good enough for a monthly fee...but if they think they will make more with a shop, whatcha gonna do? I just hope it doesn't effect the mechanics or playability.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I agree, I don't think K2Networks is gonna do anything extra for the game that IMC games hasn't already done.  The problem with customizing a proprietary game is that whenever an update rolls around, you gotta check for conflicts which would be a pain in the ass if they customized alot.  1 thing I can see K2 doing is adding dumb stuff to the game, or completely ruining it.  K2 Networks definetly isn't good/professional when it comes to hosting game

I can see it working with a cash shop in the US.  The thing about most cash shops is they don't go an give players uber items.  That would defeat the purpose of a cash shop since they would only buy that and never purchase anything else again.  The real money in cash shops is having useless things that don't affect other peoples gameplay, but people really want.  Like different styles, more poses, entertainment stances(dancing in town), exp rate increase items/subscriptions, NPC cards, turn PCs into cards, EXP cards.  Thats really the kind of things they would sell.  The goal is to not give the player uber items, but to give players a slightly better chance at getting an uber item.

• thunderbolt1thunderbolt1 Member Posts: 28

Well I'll be honest with you, I'm all for "free" quality games that have item shops attached. I only have a limited amount of time to play games BUT I like to hop back and forth between different games. MMO's make this difficult because to just hop into a game when I'm in the mood one night means I gotta resub for a month. That can get expensive real fast depending where Im at in my gaming taste. Right now I'm floating around until LotR rolls out. I have been mostly playing shooters online and some single player RPGs but I'm missing MMO mainly because single player gets dull.  I like grouping and being social in a game.

So more games going over to GW settup or Item shop setup isn't going to break my heart. AS LONG AS THEY ARE QUALITY GAMES.  Its a VERY doable business model and personally I think its one that is going to be more and more common as the MMO genre fills up with more and more identicle games. In a general sense, what is the difference between most of these fantasy MMO's? Not a whole lot IMHO, the differences are more personal taste then anything else. This is going to make the MMO industry much more competetive for this reason alone. They are all fighting over the same subscriber base with roughly the same type of game, maybe with some slight mechanics or visual style differences. This is only going to last so long, especially with the reputation in the overall video gaming community MMOs are developing. Incomplete and buggy. Vanguard is going to do wonders overall for the MMO genre reputation (/sarcasim off) After 10 years of making MMOs devs still can't launch a f**king working game. ouch for us as players.

Thats why I am curious about the model and how its working out. It seems shop games operate much more "smartly" then subscription based games. They start with a few servers and add as needed. Sub based start with a set amount then SOMETIMES add but mostly end up merging as needed.  

• WindscarzWindscarz Member Posts: 25

The subcription model wont work out well, and I have reasons for saying that...

The game originated in Korean, we have seen many Korean games failed trying to follow this business model, like Archlord, Rakion,...u name them. Consequently, a number of players will overlook and ignore this game as another "same-old korean grinding fest" when they saw it at the retail shop. (according to the review, there will be a retailed version). A tag that say "No monthly or subcription fee" will be Much more convincing, dont you think?

Like guildwars, a large number of pepple that choose to play Guildwar is just because they hate WoW's and other MMO's monthly fees. And Guildwar is not even a true MMO...

And so they can put an cash shop along with the game too, just for people who wanna spend lots of money on games, just making sure those cash shop item will be balanced, and appropriate for a game that every players have alrdy spend their money on...

• BelleriandBelleriand Member Posts: 6

Ok, now I am damn curious with this game. I'm am on its tail since I was playing ZerA Imperan Intrigue in korean open beta and someone talk about it...

Is the release date announced  or they have no idea when it will go live???

Thx!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Things I liked

The whole frickin atmosphere - Lord this game just oozes style.
    The 3 controlled characters. Very  nice, easy to manage. Its such a simple smooth control its really sad. Makes western game designers look like drunk monkeys tryng to put together a jigsaw puzzle. (yes thats directed at Vanguard)
    The music (the calm piano in town vs that techno'ish - classical in the adventure areas, very nice touch)
    Skill system, very nice
    Performs smooth as glass and looks fantastic
    Love the NPC zoom, dialogs are very well writen, nice translations (so far)
    The classes...I have a musketeer!!!!! To cool

Things I did NOT like

no customization at creation - blah
    feels a bit linear and sort of grindy
    shop system to sell...come on Korea, get with the program add some frickin auction houses in these damn games.
    Zones

On the fence

The missions. Kill task but some storyish objective based missions.

I guess I should add that the latest version of GE in Korea.   Has Auction House system and Mailbox.  As well as crafting.  The stuff you can craft though is far superior to store bought items and 90% of the dropped items you find.   Like take leather armor for example.  One crafting recipe is for an "Elite Leather Tunic" as it is.  It will be lvl 28 upon creation, as well as have 2 to 3 bonus attribute amounts on it.  The defense rating on it is 86, which is equal to the defense rating of a lvl 44 Leather Tunic, and is fairly easily to get materials for and craft.   I'm not even going to go into the new crafted weapons. 

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WindscarzWindscarz Member Posts: 25

pray that K2N wont F*** this up or i will hate them forever!!!

i am really scare about this company..i fell like they are going to make us buy the premium box..then change it to f2p and then change it to monthly fees... and then mess up everythings...

• Elendil88Elendil88 Member Posts: 35
    Hmm, I've been looking for an interim MMO until all of the good 07 ones come out.  I used to play Lineage 2 and loved the style and art direction (alot of asian MMOs get brownie points in this area) so the look and inovative feel I've heard so much about has got me intrigued.  I applied for the closed beta but even if I don't make it in I'm sure I'll get a shot at some sort of pre-retail state.

Quick question though.   I wouldn't imagine this breaks any NDA if there is even one, but does this game have widescreen support?  I hate having to tweak games that don't support widescreen only to find skewing and distortion.  Most games nowadays do, but I'm just curious.
  • boommer99boommer99 Member UncommonPosts: 309
    Originally posted by deaddeath

Things I did NOT like

Didn't know that, awesome, one thing we definately don't have to worry about.

EDIT: Someone anwsered my question already :D

---
    Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%