Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about UO

Is there still the "Siege Perilous" shard or however its called?

How is playing there?

Do they still have the old rules?

Comments

• ElathielElathiel Member Posts: 37

Yes.

The same.

Yes.

• OhaanOhaan Member UncommonPosts: 568
    So there are no ninjas, elves, or item insurance on Siege Perilous?
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by Ohaan

*reads that sentence*

*get reminded again what happened to the Ultima universe*

*shudders thinking of ninjas in ultima*

*mourn the death of an era*

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• MisfitZMisfitZ Member Posts: 368
    *Sigh...*

-----------------------------
    Listen Asmodeeus, seven years ago, Ultima Online didn't even have those pathetic "quests" that you refer to or those "professions" of ninja, samurai, necromancer, and paladin. Nor did it have any of the neon crap, or bug mounts. It didn't even have any "combat moves." You turned on attack and jousted with simplistic swings. It was a better game then. if you can't guess why then just uninstall the thing and move along. - Crabby

• TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

Ninja's yes, Elves yes, Item Insurance no.

The new classes are there, just no item insurance.
  • -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151
    What are the death penalties like?
    Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

If there is no item insurance then your killer is free to take all your stuff.

In the old days this was no biggie cause you could hit a vendor and buy exceptional/GM gear for a good price. As I understand it though there are uber artifact items now that are not so easily replaced. Need someone who's up on the current game to clarify though...
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

If there is no item insurance then your killer is free to take all your stuff.

In the old days this was no biggie cause you could hit a vendor and buy exceptional/GM gear for a good price. As I understand it though there are uber artifact items now that are not so easily replaced. Need someone who's up on the current game to clarify though... That's correct.  Although, you could still use the regular items, but they won't do you any good these days.  There are no more weapons that are vanquish etc...  Same for armor. 
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Hmm yea, I was already assuming full looting but back in the days when I played UO on Europa I heard that your skills will be reduced with every death so you have to train them back up.

Hmm yea, I was already assuming full looting but back in the days when I played UO on Europa I heard that your skills will be reduced with every death so you have to train them back up.
    That was only if you were a red (ie flagged as a murderer).
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

In the old days this was no biggie cause you could hit a vendor and buy exceptional/GM gear for a good price. As I understand it though there are uber artifact items now that are not so easily replaced. Need someone who's up on the current game to clarify though...

Generally speaking, you never take your irreplaceable gear out in the open world. In fact, much of what you encounter in a SP fight will be somewhat similar to the old days of jousting. New skills, yes...new classes, yes...but Siege Perilous is definitely a very dangerous place.

It is also the main reason why I scoff at people who say you can't play that kind of game today. It's there, all right.

That was only if you were a red (ie flagged as a murderer).

The murder system is active on SP?
  • TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by ianubisi

Generally speaking, you never take your irreplaceable gear out in the open world. In fact, much of what you encounter in a SP fight will be somewhat similar to the old days of jousting. New skills, yes...new classes, yes...but Siege Perilous is definitely a very dangerous place.

It is also the main reason why I scoff at people who say you can't play that kind of game today. It's there, all right.

Exactly. Allthough there is a way to insure 1 item though. I'm not exactly sure what it was though, since i only occasionally play on siege, and im not near gm yet