Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got invited to beta so whens it start?

Anyone have any info on when beta begins?

Comments

• SenuvenSenuven Member Posts: 51
    One of the beta's already started and was very limited. Another group of testers will be added around January if things are on schedule.

To error is human, to forgive is devine. Neither are US Marine Corps doctrine.

• WudinnaWudinna Member UncommonPosts: 19

I to got an invite for 2nd beta group, but it's nearly march now and still no 2nd group. Anyone know how long this is going to take?

Cause i'm dying to play!

Have you checked the message boards on solsticerserver.com

Beta tests rarely conform to any schedule. You will receive an email from them when it is time. So we all have to wait.. and wait.... and wait.

I check it about once every two weeks and it still says pending.

I got the first email saying i would be part of the "second wave" and they expected that in the first week of januari i (we) would get more info. But that's almost two months ago (ok still after the first week of januari but well....)

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

"We are requesting that everyone in Beta 1, and those selected for Beta 2, keep their selection confidential."

I guess nobody paid attention to that line, did they?

I never said I was selected :) We all have to wait for the beta's etc to be done to see what this game has to offer. I cant speak for others though.

so again we shall wait. check the website, post on those forums and see if overlord or chicken hawk have anything to say about it. Only way I can see to get any sort of update.

Yes Wisebutcruel, that's true, but still noone knows who i am. Just like i don't know who you are, only your alias.

But since you are online now, maybe you can give some more information?? Or possibly thought mail, even to let us know everything has been pushed forward a bit?

Originally posted by Wudinna

Yes Wisebutcruel, that's true, but still noone knows who i am. Just like i don't know who you are, only your alias.

But since you are online now, maybe you can give some more information?? Or possibly thought mail, even to let us know everything has been pushed forward a bit?

lol I would probably have to be a dev or something to do that, right? I just seen you guys posting and thought I'd throw out a heads up, so you don't risk being banned . Unfortunately, I'm just a normal player, so I'll have to wait along with ya:)

Edit: Also, mmorpg.com does release information about a player to the devs of a game if an NDA breach is proven. So, although you may be using an alias, unless all info you used to sign up here is different than what you gave DS, i.e. name, address, e-mail, etc., they could find out.

Ok, you're right again  lol (geezz i hate other people being right)

Wasn't trying to get myself banned, just getting very impatient. Thanx though for the warning

If you look at the front page of  the forums you will find this link.

http://www.solsticeserver.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=14149&an=0&page=0#Post14149

Basicly it will answer all of your questions. Since MMORPG.com doesnt have Dark Solstice listed in its in developement section, you should go to their site to post questions and concerns. They need our involvement.

Originally posted by Senuven

Since MMORPG.com doesnt have Dark Solstice listed in its in developement section, you should go to their site to post questions and concerns. They need our involvement.
    It is listed. Use the game list tab at top and scroll to games listed as in development to the right of their names. It will take you here: http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/overview/gameID/204
    Yah I am talking about being on the main bar at the left of the screen. You know how most people are, they will not search too hard for something.

• FaroharFarohar Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by WisebutCruel
    Edit: Also, mmorpg.com does release information about a player to the devs of a game if an NDA breach is proven. So, although you may be using an alias, unless all info you used to sign up here is different than what you gave DS, i.e. name, address, e-mail, etc., they could find out.

This is not true. When revealing you are a beta-tester you dont break any laws, all you do is break the contract you agreed on when signing up for beta-testing. No-one is gonna be able to suit you for that. All the company coding the game can do is ban your account. Because you aint breaking a law they are not allowed to force mmorpg.com to give out any information about yourself. In fact if mmorpg.com would do it would breach laws governing the privacy of information of its users.

They were only allowed to give out information about yourself whenever you commited a crime and that data about you would either proove that or help the authorities to get hold of you. And as I said, an NDA breach aint a crime.

Havin said that, I dont encourage NDA breaches.

Also, it dont matter in those cases where the law-enforcement really wants to find out whoever you are, weather you used your proper name and address when signing up anywhere. Your IP will get traced back to the ISP, who in turn will tell them - after seeing the court-order - who you are. And like most people do actually use their real name to sign up with an ISP :P