Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok, I'm a newbie and am trying unsusessfully to play second life.

AnissaAnissa Member Posts: 4
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, feel free to point me to that post. I've been trying unsucessfully to play this second life game. I've gotten to a map but when I try and click on the teleport button which I assume would get me into the game, there;'s always an error message.

I should add that the computer that I am using is a PPC style mac mini. I have 512 RAM which I read was the bare minimium needed to play second life. I'm not sure about the graphics card issue.

Comments

• Blue3000Blue3000 Member Posts: 238

Go to the top of the screen and click on help. There you have "Live Help" and you can explain whats happening to you and someone from Linden will help you.

This game is the most buggiest game I've ever played and I've played many. Maybe they can help you.

• AnissaAnissa Member Posts: 4
    I thank you for your reply, however it seems I need to get into the game to acces the live help.

Here is the error message I get: Safari can’t open “secondlife://Fantasy%20City/216.0/148.0/0” because Mac OS X doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “secondlife:”.
  • AnissaAnissa Member Posts: 4
    It seems like an excercise in frustration trying to play this game because it has the same error message each time. SO I guess I will move on to something else.
  • WudinnaWudinna Member UncommonPosts: 19

I tried to get this game going for about 2 months. Got my comp upgraded to the max and running Vista Beta, installed SL and upon start i got a "generic Error".

So i tried the FAQ's and saw that people have been trying to get an answer from SL-crew since August (it was november by now). About a month later i tried again and still now noting had changed. So i sent an angry post about Linden-corp not being willing to help their clients and saying the they at least lost me and calle out for others to do the same, maybe trying to pressure Lindewn corp into taking action.

A month later (the first time i was back since my post) i saw they closed the thread and all they said was they couldn't ajust to an SO that is not for sale yet.... But what about al the thousants of (probably a lot more though) people who used the Beta version of Vista????? they were being left in the cold?!

I think this is just a crappy way of dealing with your customers and is (to me) a sign you only want to make loads of money with the least of effort!!!

Loads of other games were playable with the beta-version, so why not SL. I think this cost them a lot of clients, at least i hope it did!!!!