Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you Hyped?

Who's hyped up for the next God of War. God of War II is going to be gore fest ( in a good way).

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/god-of-war-2-divine-retribution/763910p1.html check out this link to find out what i mean.

==============================
He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
Currently waiting For:
1st.WAR
2nd.AoC
3rd.GnH's
4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

Comments

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Most overrated game ever.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by Keebs1984

Not true, Halo is the most overrated game ever.

I said it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo, but it is nowhere near deserving of all the praise that it gets.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    I personally find Zelda the most overrated game series, with the exception of a Link to the past.
  • Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Draenor

I said it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo, but it is nowhere near deserving of all the praise that it gets.

I also agree with you about Halo, but for some reason God of War just bugs me with how much everybody is saying how great it is.

Its really nothing more than a hack & slash game with a really simple combo system thrown in. The graphics are good but only as good as other top notch PS2 game. Its a solid game with a good story, but best game ever? Hardly. Three games right off the top of my head that deserve more attention on the PS2 are:

Okami

Devil May Cry

Katamari Damacy

Each game added a new realm of gameplay, where as God of War adds nothing new really.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

I also agree with you about Halo, but for some reason God of War just bugs me with how much everybody is saying how great it is.

Its really nothing more than a hack & slash game with a really simple combo system thrown in. The graphics are good but only as good as other top notch PS2 game. Its a solid game with a good story, but best game ever? Hardly. Three games right off the top of my head that deserve more attention on the PS2 are:

Okami

Devil May Cry

Katamari Damacy

Each game added a new realm of gameplay, where as God of War adds nothing new really.
    The reason the game recieves such praise is not because it does something better than anything other game...

Its because it has near perfected almost everything about the Hack&Slash/ Action/ platforming experience. and Put it all in one package.

Most games do one or two things amazingly well... For example.. Devil May Cry 's Fighting system is pretty much unparalleled... But the story is mostly absent... you could careless about the story while playing the game... I've played all three DMCs and tell you the truth... i have no idea what is going on in the story... I know his dad was a demon and he's half demon... other than that... game doesn't really make much sense...

God of War is so great because it takes the best things about many games and puts them all together...

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224

Originally posted by Draenor

I said it.

Okami

Devil May Cry

Katamari Damacy

Each game added a new realm of gameplay, where as God of War adds nothing new really.Okami was the worst game i ever played. Devil MayCry does deserve more attention. But God of War 2 is actually already rated the best graphics for the ps2. The issue with the combo system is true , it was made to be simple so you could master the godly power easily. I find Kingdom hearts 1 & 2 deserve  to be overrated though. Thier great games , especially since they were a mix of final fantasy and my favorite disney characters. Sqaure - Enix and Disney made a revolution in gaming ( in a not so huge way). I am also a halo fan but it is to overrated. But i'm sure Halo 3 well be more worshipped  more than any other halo game by X-box fans. Another game for me that replaced Halo was Lost Planet , that was such a hardcore game.

He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada