Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First ever

What was your first ever mmorpg?

Rate it out of 10.

Do you still play?

what do you think of it now?

Comments

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    My very first MMORPG was Runescape. I think it is a decent game with nice gameplay. My rating for this game is a 6/10, because the large amount of gameplay. I concider Runescape as a classic online role-playing game. No, I'm no longer playing this game. I've found other online games that suite my interestes more.
  • maxpfaffmaxpfaff Member Posts: 42

Anarch Online

Rating : 9

not playing it anymore  imo  there is too much content atm    after taking a break its too confusing to get to know all the new items

still a fun game  but way outdated 

ITS TIME FOR AO 2

• Gam3d4rKGam3d4rK Member Posts: 146

My first MMORPG was Phantasy Star Online, i dont play anymore, but i give it a 7/10 :D. And i think that was a amazing game for my eyes, of course was the first time when i was playing a MMORPG ^_^ (old times..*sniff*..)

• faylon7faylon7 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Haha my first mmorpg was EQ before any of its expansions long long ago... now that... was awsome. Back then because they were the first for many many things I'd give them a 10/10  but.... now if to compair it to other mmos and such... its rating would be quite less... near 6/10 or so.... just my opinion haha... I dont still play... but I've considered it now that there are 12 or so expansions O.o
  • atkafighteratkafighter Member Posts: 71
    Do Diablo games count?  I loved Diablo and Diablo2:LOD.  I still log in every once in a while.  If Diablo doesn't count I'd say Guild Wars was my first true MMO.
  • retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by Darrenbrrtt

What was your first ever mmorpg?
    Rate it out of 10.
    Do you still play?
    what do you think of it now?

Ultima Online

(When I played) 10/10

Nope

It has been patched, and expanded to a point that the game isn't Ultima Online anymore, but a sorry 2D attempt to be a 3D MMORPG.  The addition of Trammel, and the ability to be safe outside of town ruined the real fun of the game.  Players are now so accustomed to playing in a carebear land that the original draw is dead and gone.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Shadowbane was my first, and I still go back once in a while to this day.

When it was released I would have given it a 9/10. But as it stands in the market today, due to dated graphics, i would shed a point and give it an 8/10. Shadowbane was a breath of fresh air when it was released, and still stands as one of the most original concepts ever presented in an MMO.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by solareus

fun wang 

dont play it anynore

give it a 3/10

Wait wait.

My "fun wang" is more like 6/10, har har har.

• HexedHexed Member Posts: 10

My first ever MMORPG, was WoW! (Ive played 10 others after this though! :))

I rate it 7/10

Nope i quit playing WoW about a year ago

I think WoW has got better in some aspects, although i admit there are alot of 12 year olds in that game. I dont think its that exciting to be honest, there arnt many desicions for you to make in the game.

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224
    Mine was Runescape , i played it for about a year , no  i dont play it , i quit in 04. I would of rated it 9.5/10 but now i've seen it compared to other MMO's i never knew of it became a 6/10. But it still a decent game.

==============================
    He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    ==============================
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody "Fun Wang" tonight!
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

My very first mmo was UO.

I can look back and go "Wow we were bitching about it even back then" I swear gamers will never be happy.

7/10

• Phatty001Phatty001 Member Posts: 28
    Diablo 2

8/10

I still play off and on.

(If Diablo doesn't count)

Dark Age of Camelot

10/10

I do not play.

Thepwnblog.com - MMORPG blog