Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeon Runners: Membership Package Available Jan. 31

Dungeon Runners plans to go live with Membership Package on January 31st 2007.

We are pleased to announce the Dungeon Runners Membership Package will be made available to current players for $4.99 a month, starting January 31st, 2007.

We've come to the point in our grand experiment known as Dungeon Runners where we need to test billing and you are our guinea pig!

Some of you may not have read the official website or any other information on the game and just got right in there to hack and indeed to slash. We don't blame you.

However, it's important to note that while the basic game of Dungeon Runners will always be free to download and play; there will be a membership package that offers some good reasons to pay $4.99 a month.

Remember, even if you don't want to pay now or ever - you can continue to play for as long as you want - you'll just not have access to the good stuff (see below). And you want to the good stuff...don't you? We'll never kick you out - unless you're very naughty - and you'll never be made to feel unwelcome.

The benefits of membership i.e., the 'good stuff' currently looks like this:

Access to all top level armor, weapons and items. Not only will you be more powerful than non-members, with superior stats - you'll also look cooler than them as irrefutably determined by our science team.

Stackable potions - taking up far less room in your inventory and therefore allowing space for many more potions than normal (you'll need 'em where you're going) and of course for all that lovely loot.

Log-in queue priority. If the Dungeons are full, you jump to the head of the log-in queue. Enjoy a rush of superiority as you glide by the 'common people'.

Hold on to more stuff! Members get access to the Dungeon Runners bank - essentially a storage facility. As you know, you pick up a LOT of stuff in Dungeon Runners. Imagine being forced to sell or simply drop loot just because your inventory is maxed out and there's nowhere else to keep your stuff. That would suck. This prevents or at least alleviates the suckage.

Testing the billing system goes like this:

Using complex formulas and the occasional ceiling cat, we will look to see how many of you decide to pay for the current benefits of membership. If that number is impressive enough, we'll know we're on the right track.

The test isn't about how much stuff is in the membership package; it's about what is in the membership package. We plan to add more and more good stuff to the package and we will, but we want to make sure it's the right stuff.

If we hear the sound of crickets or impolite booing, we'll know we got it wrong and work to fix it. Nobody can force you to pay - you'll pay if you like what's on offer - it's as simple as that.

And that's the whole point; we want you to love this game and what better, more honest way to find out if we're doing the right thing than for people to vote with their wallets?

So what happens when we throw the switch?

Many if not all of you currently have in-game items that are considered 'members only'.
What happens to these items once billing is turned on?

If you decide to continue playing Dungeon Runners without membership all your members-only items and privileges will become inaccessible. Your items will appear in your inventory, but you won't be able to use them or gain any benefits from them. You can hold onto them (they'll take up inventory space), sell them or drop them.

If you decide to become a member, you can carry on as before with full access to everything.

Basically, your membership is like an on/off switch. If you're a member you can use all your members-only items and access your members-only privileges. If you're not a member, you can't.

Dungeon Runners will continue to be 'invite only' for the next few months as we continue to test systems and fine-tune the various ways of providing you with a fun game to run around, kill the bad guys and get lots of loot.

We want to get things right and you are helping us do that.

Read more here.

Comments

• sysadminsysadmin Member Posts: 30

Hi,

DR will continue to be 'invite only', can someone send me an invitation?

Thanx in advance,

sa

• docgonzodocgonzo Member Posts: 3
    Invite only or not, you don't want to be playing this game. I've been in the beta for a few months now, and to see them doing this is against everything a beta test is about - they expect us (the testers) to pay them for an incomplete game with next to no content. It is in every way still a beta product.

And point of interest - the Membership Package is priced accurately, but it needs to be said that the $5 per month fee is PER CHARACTER.

Needless to say, I'm not playing it anymore.

I agree with you!

I am thinking on going to WOW, but  because I'm a big fan of diablo2 like games I decided to give this game a try since its seems cheaper ($5 a month).

Still I would like to explore it a bit before it goes gold, if you can spare me an invitation please send it to [email protected]

Best regards

• chewdog82chewdog82 Member Posts: 20

I would be happy to TEST the game and send bug reports and pay 5bucks , I am so dedicated, if you can spare a key I will sign up ASAP with my creditcard, please email me!

[email protected]

I PLAY 100+hours a week !

chewdog, sysadmin, I just sent you each a referral link to the emails you specified. I've got two more slots open atm as well, I'll check back here every so often (once a referral is accepted and used, I can send another) No telling how long the referrals will be open this time around, the last time they were closed before I even knew they were available :/
  • stailarstailar Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I was hoping someone would have another invite that they might send me. Thanks

[email protected]
    Originally posted by docgonzo

chewdog, sysadmin, I just sent you each a referral link to the emails you specified. I've got two more slots open atm as well, I'll check back here every so often (once a referral is accepted and used, I can send another) No telling how long the referrals will be open this time around, the last time they were closed before I even knew they were available :/

Thanks a lot docgonzo!

I'm dlding the game now, I'll pm you to your ingame char as sson as i log in.

I'm also beta testing Granado Espada on monday, I'll send you an invitation if they open a referral system.

This is a proff of the wonderfull community we have here on mmorpg.

thankx once more!

Stailar, an invitation has been sent your way as well