Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come back to WoW with TBC?

AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772

I played WoW from release for about 7 or 8 months and got bored. I have a 60 druid, a 38 warrior, and a few other alts (all alliance) on Elune and a few other alts scattered here and there on other servers. I didn't care for PVP, refused to raid, and refused to grind for faction. Basically I ran out of new stuff to do and got bored. I tried coming back a few times with a new character but never lasted more than a week.

The last time I came back was about 2 months before TBC came out. I played on a PVP server with some friends. PVP in BGs was fun but getting ganked and corpse camped by  alliance players who were 10+ levels higher than me sucked. I couldn't even do any quests. So yeah, i hate PVP in my PVE. I will onyl play RP or Normal servers.

So my friends and I were twinked out and played the 20-29 BGs all the time. It just got boring after awhile.

Do you guys think I should come back and try out TBC? I'd like to make either a Blood Elf or Draeni (leaning towards BE though).

I think the new starting areas would keep me interested for a little while anyway. I just miss playing an MMORPG.

Comments

• NeianaNeiana Member Posts: 18

Yeah the new starting areas might be interesting until you hit 20, then you go out and play in the same world as everyone else   So if yer the kind to play through it hardcore, you'll be bored in a few hours.

Unless you take your 60 and go play in the Outlands.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Yes, come back, you will find it fun.  The new races' areas are fun, and Outlands is a blast.  Plus they've fixed Druids now, so you should find your Druid much more fun that it already was.
  • earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247
    I have a 67 druid (feral) and a 64 pally (holy). Outlands is neat, but underneath the new chasis is the same WoW 'engine': quest and grind to max level (70), then do PvP and raids. It's a good exspansion, but don't expect something different from the original. The new races are cool, but really dont add that much to the game (I would have liked to see some new classes). Unfortunately there isn't another game I can think of that is a polished as WoW, it's simply the best MMO, in my opinion, that you can buy. And please, do not  flame me and say Vangaurd, it currently sits on my shelf with DDO and RFO. Good luck!
  • CoeNLCoeNL Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Novaseeker

Yes, come back, you will find it fun.  The new races' areas are fun, and Outlands is a blast.  Plus they've fixed Druids now, so you should find your Druid much more fun that it already was.
    He is right mate :)

Come back with some friends, and you will have a great time !
  • AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772

I agree that WoW is the best game out right now. Vanguard and everything else is rubbish. I've tried it all.

i wish TBC was cheaper than $40 too though. It doesn't seem to add much for a casual player.

• LordKarlLordKarl Member UncommonPosts: 14

I did the same as you did but 1year after the release! played for 4-5 month, got bored and took a break!  Then played again 2-3 month,, got my lvl 60 and got into the BORING raiding process! Finaly i found my real way by PvPing! I have a couple of twinks at 19, 39 and 49! But now with TBC I went back to questing and raiding! but will surely get bored in a few month!

i bought TBC and started a Draenei mage.

I shoudl have followed my instincts and not bought because I'm lvl 6 and bored already.

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Hmm "WOW So Easy Even A Caveman Can Play It" I cancelled my account some time ago and tried beta for TBC was some of the same old boring stuff then when ya hit lvl 70 its the same instances over and over again so you can look like everyone else in your class! Blizzards Ideal in the last 2 years of new content was a Free Chac respec cause they have no Idea how to balance classes.

It was fun for awhile but there are alot better MMOs out there but still Blizzard attracts people to There game cause it is simple. I for one will not renew my subscription I cant bring myself to play another 2 years and have nothing to even prove I am a vet of the game.

Originally posted by Major69er1

Hmm "WOW So Easy Even A Caveman Can Play It" I cancelled my account some time ago and tried beta for TBC was some of the same old boring stuff then when ya hit lvl 70 its the same instances over and over again so you can look like everyone else in your class! Blizzards Ideal in the last 2 years of new content was a Free Chac respec cause they have no Idea how to balance classes.
     It was fun for awhile but there are alot better MMOs out there but still Blizzard attracts people to There game cause it is simple. I for one will not renew my subscription I cant bring myself to play another 2 years and have nothing to even prove I am a vet of the game.

i disagree that there are better mmos out there because i haven't found one. i've played every major commercial game and several craporean, err....i mean korean, games. the only thing that might compete is DAOC but with such a low population, (about 3-4000 people online at a given time and spread over several servers), no thanks.
  • baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Like you, I had finished the bulk of the content and not intrested by raiding or grinding.

So I quit, bored but on amicable terms.

I returned for the expansion to level up from 60 to 70 and explore the new content. After abnout 2/3 as long as I played it first time round, I am running out of things to do again.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and am now on the look out for something else to do again.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Sadly they even managed to create worse of an end-game as pre-TBC.

EVERYTHING is about grinding reputation or (access) keys, at 70.

• w175jabw175jab Member Posts: 239
    I opened a new account last night just because there's a lack of game choices at the moment.  I too played for 6 months and got bored at 60 because of the "raiding scene" that was going on at the time.

I've played just last night as a killer gnome warlock and am already at level 10... the only thing is... I freaking hate westfall.  I figure if i get to 60 within my 40 days of free play (trial + key) then I'll probably just quit and wait for something half decent to come out

I've tried EVE, EQ2, V:SoH, the Gpotato range, ECT.  Back to WOW for now.