Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm new. need advice.

Hey. I'm kinda new to the MMORPG world. I have played a few but never with much devotion. Anyway, one aspect that i really liked about one of these games was being able to buy a house and put stuff in it. So i have been looking for a game with such a feature. Do you know any good ones? Can you buy houses in guild wars?

Also I am not sure if i would be able to aford those monthy fees. So unless they are pretty cheap then it's probly not an option. This is why i have been looking into Guild Wars, since there is no monthy fee at all. Is this too good to be true, is the game really that good since there is no monthy fee?

So thanks in advance to you all for helping in my search for the perfect MMORPG.

Comments

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    First of all Guild Wars isnt a mmorpg its a corpg. Secondly, NO it hasnt got player housing. You say you cant afford 15$ a month ?.. now i think your just trolling. If a person culdnt afford 15 bucks a month he shuldnt even have a computer let alone play computer games.

• Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224
    dhartz has a point , but ethier way if you could afford 15$ anytime you could try out Vangaurd:Saga of Heros. It has player houseing and you could build your own ships. Whats a corpg anways?

==============================
    He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    Yeah i was about to recommend Vanguard but.. if the guy is bichin about 15$ i highly doubt he has a comp good enough to run Vanguard. No offense to the OP. And i think the devs stated that guild wars isnt a mmorpg but a corpg. And a corpg means: Competitive/Cooperative Online Role-Playing Game.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Cobra14744

Hey. I'm kinda new to the MMORPG world. I have played a few but never with much devotion. Anyway, one aspect that i really liked about one of these games was being able to buy a house and put stuff in it. So i have been looking for a game with such a feature. Do you know any good ones? Can you buy houses in guild wars?
    Also I am not sure if i would be able to aford those monthy fees. So unless they are pretty cheap then it's probly not an option. This is why i have been looking into Guild Wars, since there is no monthy fee at all. Is this too good to be true, is the game really that good since there is no monthy fee?
    So thanks in advance to you all for helping in my search for the perfect MMORPG.

I am going to go out on a limb and figure you are not trolling and are actually new to the whole thing because I know I was new at one point too.

Guild Wars is a CORPG (Cooperative Online Role Playing Game)...NO MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) because of instances, that does not have player controlled housing that you expect.  You can actually buy your own Guild Hall and you have storage and trainer their, but they are big and lonely without a guild of people behind you.  The Halls are not really something that you can decorate, you just pick your symbol and name.

I really enjoy Guild Wars, and if you like PVP this is one of the better games out there.  Just be willing to buy one of the other two stand alone games in the series after you figure out if the first one you buy is for you.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• Cobra14744Cobra14744 Member Posts: 5

Gosh....

One sentance about not wanting to pay $15 dolars a month, and you say i'm bitching???

Don't spam my thread please.

If you know any games that don't have a monthy fee. and do have player housing then i'd like to hear about them. Otherwise make your own topic.

No hard fealings.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    If your new to the MMORPG universe, here is some nice games to try without a monthy fee (look them up in the Game List):

Anarchy Online

and

SilkRoad Online

Those are two nice choices for you bro. Also if you have a 360, there is a free trial of Phantasy Star Universe (not really a mmo) in the marketplace.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Gosh....
    One sentance about not wanting to pay $15 dolars a month, and you say i'm bitching???
    If you know any games that don't have a monthy fee. and do have player housing then i'd like to hear about them. Otherwise make your own topic.
    No hard fealings.
    Did you even read my response? or did you just read one sentence?

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Originally posted by 8hammer8

I am going to go out on a limb and figure you are not trolling and are actually new to the whole thing because I know I was new at one point too.

Guild Wars is a CORPG (Cooperative Online Role Playing Game)...NO MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) because of instances, that does not have player controlled housing that you expect.  You can actually buy your own Guild Hall and you have storage and trainer their, but they are big and lonely without a guild of people behind you.  The Halls are not really something that you can decorate, you just pick your symbol and name.

I really enjoy Guild Wars, and if you like PVP this is one of the better games out there.  Just be willing to buy one of the other two stand alone games in the series after you figure out if the first one you buy is for you.

Actually no. i'm not new to the whole thing. New to CORPG yes never heard of it before in fact, but not MMORPG. I've played galaxies for about 2 or 3 months and i'v tried some free trials along the way as well. Galaxies is the one i refered to as having player housing.

Originally posted by 8hammer8

Gosh....
    No hard fealings.
    Did you even read my response? or did you just read one sentence?

Sorry wasn't replying to you. you posted while i was typing that one up.
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

If your new to the MMORPG universe, here is some nice games to try without a monthy fee (look them up in the Game List):

Anarchy Online

and

SilkRoad Online

Those are two nice choices for you bro. Also if you have a 360, there is a free trial of Phantasy Star Universe (not really a mmo) in the marketplace.
    Thanks for the reply, i'll look those up.
  • Mr.Man_7Mr.Man_7 Member Posts: 224

Gosh....
    No hard fealings.
    Ah. Yes i just remembered Runescape is free and has player houseing. If you don't mind it crappy graphics.

He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.
    Currently waiting For:
    1st.WAR
    2nd.AoC
    3rd.GnH's
    4th. Sword of the New world: Granado Espada