Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2: New Exclusive Screens!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We have another round of exclusive screen shots for EverQuest II fans!  One shows some nice armor detail and the other shows a goblin that has seen better days.  Enjoy!

Registered members can download the ultra high-rez versions using the links below:

MMORPG.COM Exlcusive
MMORPG.COM Exlcusive
View 1600x1200
View 1600x1200

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• andageandage Member Posts: 13

The bump mapping looks awsome.  But, I hope this shot was taken just before the goblin hit the ground because he is "floating" and casting shadows (which are clipped at the ankles).  How advanced is the physics engine here? Not exactly the "rag doll" effect.  More like the "stiff corpse" effect"

I love the thorns on the tree! The padded armor is almost photrealistic.  I'd like to see more texture on the skin though. It seems kind of cartoonish in color compared to all the other shiny stuff.  The tatoos are good though.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

The picture on the right looks decent. The armor looks cool except maybe for the gaunts.

The goblin's left foot in the picture on the left looks like it was bent out of shape and attached to its right foot... The goblin looks pretty happy for being dead (I assume).

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    I dont think anyone is doing ragdoll physics in a mmorpg, yet, are they ? Thats still processor-sucking FPS territory. I can't handle waiting for this game.

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• TheHiddenOneTheHiddenOne Member Posts: 66

Again, very promising looking screenshots. This game should look awesome (if u can run it in 1600x1200) but its a real shame that the dead goblin is still floating above the ground. I hope that doesn't mean some NPCs will still pop and swin in mid air for a bit >.<

Still, it won't stop me getting the game and trying it in good old 1024x768 :)

• _belial_belial Member Posts: 158

They do look really really great, i'm not that concerned about floating goblins personally, i'd rather they spent more CPU cycles on cool MOB AI rather adding finishing touches to the graphics but that still looks damn fine.

I hope they release a proper movie of some combat + someone actually playing soon, all we've had so far are fly-by's so would be good to see it actually being played.

::::20::

// Carl

Currently Playing : EQ2 of course

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Looks great here and yeah the floating goblin does not bother me .What I would like to see is what system would run this game smoothly in a large fight or busy trading town.

• ViridiaViridia Member Posts: 142

Graphics are nice, glossier the better, but I agree it really is the game play that makes a game playable. 

I do like the burnished brass looking armour peices on the right though,  not worried about floating goblins, I can just have a laugh at that.

I do wish there was a more realistic way of doing chainmail though, all the stretched textures warping around less than realistic body shapes that seem to be the norm for chainmail at the moment (as seen on the righthand screenshot) is just wrong

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    These screens are less then impressive but still better then much of whats been released before.  They seem to at least be making some improvements to the models which have been really poor in the past but they have a long way to go and the terrain is still something you could see in EQ1.

• NorrinRaddNorrinRadd Member Posts: 6

WTF are most of ya'll talking about? I think the graphics suck. Sure, things look smooth, but look at the leaves on the tree and the grass. Misti got it right. Anarchy Online and Lineage 2 have much better graphics. They have a long way to go to impress me.