Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

went to New Targonor - my jaw dropped in awe

never had i seen such visuals

such detail  - and such splender

i had only just arrived at the citadel which arguably felt as if i had arrived at minas tirith in Lord of the rings

i couldnt believe how high the structure was and how magnificant it all looked

as i rode my horse into the gates i found my self inside a colosol medieval type structure that quite frankly made me laugh in amazement at the quality and realism of the graphics.

the statues lurched out at me as if they were real life gargoils and the water in the small pools on the way up the winding stairs to the fortress entrance looked real enough

then the lift thast drops about 1000 feet down made my stomach churn lol

to find an underground village was awsome enough  - but to finally stand on the dock of thestra and look out on the open see finished off a perfect visit experience

i recommend everyone once they get a horse to go there if on thestra

a truly remarkable place

Comments

• WispyWispy Member UncommonPosts: 51
    I jumped onto the lift JUST after it started descending.  I finally landed on a ledge about 3/4 of the way down.  So my first visit was less awesome. 
  • xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585

I couldn't agree more New Targonor just looks amazing, I just was amazed by the beauty. Alot of the places so far in Vanguard have struck me with a bolt of amazement actually.

btw this is the first positive Vanguard thread that I have seen in ages

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    pics?
  • NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202
    took me 45 minutes to get out due to hitching and lag.

Having said that, it does look incredible.

image .............image

• maguemague Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by celee2222
    a truly remarkable place
    Reading that i guess you are Thestra based ? Hehe, take a boat and visit the forest of the woodelfes. I guess you will start to cry when you see the lights at night in the city or at autummglow outpost.

Good to read someone has as much fun as me ;)
  • maguemague Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Nooblord
    took me 45 minutes to get out due to hitching and lag.

Having said that, it does look incredible.

C'Mon .. be honest. You got lost in the catacombs :P

• NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202
    cat combs? hairy cats? wtf?

image .............image

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by mague

a truly remarkable place
    Reading that i guess you are Thestra based ? Hehe, take a boat and visit the forest of the woodelfes. I guess you will start to cry when you see the lights at night in the city or at autummglow outpost.

Good to read someone has as much fun as me ;)

Ca'ial Brael is definetly an enthralling sight at nighttime. My favorite "beautiful moment" however had to be when my group reached the highest point on the floating earth island though, on Kojan. We all stopped fighting for a few minutes just so we could look at the world below us in awe and take screenshots. I couldn't believe how amazing the view was.

It's moments like that that really show you how much the Devs love their game.
  • stylee99stylee99 Member Posts: 116

never had i seen such visuals
    such detail  - and such splender
    i had only just arrived at the citadel which arguably felt as if i had arrived at minas tirith in Lord of the rings
    i couldnt believe how high the structure was and how magnificant it all looked
    as i rode my horse into the gates i found my self inside a colosol medieval type structure that quite frankly made me laugh in amazement at the quality and realism of the graphics.
    the statues lurched out at me as if they were real life gargoils and the water in the small pools on the way up the winding stairs to the fortress entrance looked real enough
    then the lift thast drops about 1000 feet down made my stomach churn lol
    to find an underground village was awsome enough  - but to finally stand on the dock of thestra and look out on the open see finished off a perfect visit experience
    a truly remarkable place

I agree man. I felt the same way the first time I was there, and I even took a few pics:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/stylee99/ScreenShot_00015-1.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/stylee99/ScreenShot_00017.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/stylee99/ScreenShot_00018.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/stylee99/ScreenShot_00019.jpg

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin