Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voyage Century, massive letdown

I want to start the post by saying for a free game it is ok.  But if you are used to quality game it is really going to let you down.

1. The pvp is a joke, it is totally 110% based on ship level and there is very very very little skill involved.  Thou with the most cannons and repair kits wins period.  Just cannons if they shoot your sailors and not you hull.

2. Grappling and boarding other ships in pvp is not an option because grapples can be broken in about 20 seconds, killing a player of similar skill can take 6 minutes without pot spamming, 10-15 if you are pot spamming.

3. Lag can get unbearable.

4. Gms hardly speak english and when they do understand you the only thing they can do is say sorry your SOL.  They have no power in game, they can´t fix ANYTHING..  Bug happend, to bad.  Stuck.. hahah re-roll.. i mean it is unbeleavable.

5. Land battle is crazy.  You get all of 4 skills and 1 of them is a passive.  They take up mana/sp to use and the regen on sp.. well to regen your bar it is atleast 10-15 minutes and a full bar of mana usually means 6 attacks at most.

6. Worst pathing in an mmo ever, on top of that you have to click to move (so pathing is more of an issue), AND they put in colision detection haha.

7. There is 1 uber uniform period. Which means everyone you see looks just like you.  With the only veriation being one is red and the other is blue...

8. The weapon balance is not balanced go falchion or suck.

9. There is no room for skill in land pvp, you either have a better weapon/gear (even if only slightly) or more health pots.

10.  no buy back button on the vendors so by god you better not accidentally sell something.

11. to have a truely decent ship you are expected to build up all three ship attributes to 60 to then finally take 1 to 100.  You can only take 1 to 100 the rest are locked at 60 and if you accidentally (because you didnt know) build into a level 7 ship your other attributes are locked so then you get to reroll or suck.  And just so you know getting attributes to 60 is by no means an easy task.

12. Total lack of information about the game or how to play it. And considering how complex it is you can make alot of mistakes.  If you take a skill to level 2 because of a mistake it will cost you 60 real dollars to unlearn it.

13. The best way to level up land skills is to afk in mobs and go to sleep (gives you an idea of how thrilling land combat is)

14. to level up an adventure ship you are expected to find spots called discovery..  Pretty cool at first until lthey send you to the same place just about to find a different one over 100 time by the time you get to level 10.

I could go on but well.  I am tired of typing.

now even with all that the game does manage to be mildly entertaining and for free you can´t ask for much anyway.  however do not expect  a great game because it is by far not a great game.

Comments

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      To be fair he made this post about the same time. He hasn't posted since then so no need to flame him. Anywho... back to work!
  • MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Dont like the game? Keep your mouth shut and leave quietly. You whining wont affect the player base of the game :)

p/s : i am not a fanboi and i dont play VC either.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• pschumac2pschumac2 Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

so after whining on official forums and getting yourself flamed u come here and bash this game? Seriously dude, if u don't like the game that much, why do u play it?
    Whining and getting flamed?? You must be out of your mind..  The only post i even made about this subject on the offical boards was a suggestion list of things they could do to improve the gameplay... You know.. like not have boring land based pve that is best done while afking...

How about this.. tell me what I said that is not true.

Who the hell says I still play it.

Med, so if you followed your own advice you could say something like.. Don´t like the post don´t post on it?  Something about standards and double comes to mind hehe.

P/S, I am not a med fanboy nor have I ever met you.

• mrversemrverse Member Posts: 119
    totally agree, free game heh sure... but nothin to get seriously in too.. most likely will find something better within a few hours of playing
  • misiu_dkmisiu_dk Member UncommonPosts: 77
    No its not a great game, but u can use it killing time, while waiting for PotBS.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

potbs needs a decent PC to play, where VCo doesn't.
    Honestly I don't have pixelshader 2.0, so even if basic potbs accounts are f2p, playerbase won't be too big.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

I agree with pretty much everything you said, and to the people who tell you to stop whining, this was a fairly well thought out post that didn't say it was a terrible game or anything. What I really appreciate about this game are all of the quests, which are a lot of fun to do; and the story quests are well thought out (if terribly described). I do see it as a passing fancy though, and I doubt I'll come close to leveling as much as it seemed you did. You can seriously wreck your character very easy, which is annoying, because there is almost no in-game help or warnings. Even simple things, they warn about not having enough provisions, but forget to remind you that your ship has no sail?

But it's a pretty fun game, and I've enjoyed it a lot.

• MadGeloMadGelo Member UncommonPosts: 110
    lol, voyage is one of this korean crap games
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Lwolf

I disagree, Voyage is one of the few unique "asian" flavored games.

I did laugh at the captain calling me a mongul on a britsh class carrier ship.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
              The game has its issues thats damned well for sure. A majority of the people who play in my rather sizeable guild have a washlist of at least 10 features each wed change. Humac is welcome to say any damned thing he likes. Heck Ive taken some of his complaints right to the devs a few times because he made a decent point. I will point out that alot of the arguments Humac set down were matters of personal choice. Especially on the mannerisms of grinding. Whatever the case may be at least Humac did not the merits of the game and for that I tip my hat Maybe Im a bit to civilized for this forum, seems like after about a year ago after the mmorpg game market was hit with that it devolved into a childs playground. Dozens of bickering students going, NUH UH! MY GAMES BETTER! 

Anywho back to work! Have fun with whatever you doing yall!
  • GrokarGrokar Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Midaveg

Dont like the game? Keep your mouth shut and leave quietly. You whining wont affect the player base of the game :)
    What more annoying than these over-repeated sentences.

If everybody was thinking like you, it would go like this

Company: How do you like our product?

Players: It really good!

Company: You sure?

Players: Yes!

Company: Well then, nothing to change.

Even if the products is full of bugs and extremely boring.
  • BlindGraveBlindGrave Member Posts: 7

Why the hell is evryone flaming him. I totally agree with evrything he said. THE GAME SUKS. thats the end of it. Bugs, translation erorrs, GMs dont know what the hell you are talkin about when you need help. VCO is just a mindless grinder game.

• GuNbUnNy3GuNbUnNy3 Member Posts: 7
    reading that the GM doesnt understand anything lets me think kal online is better lol
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

This game is a POS, leveling takes forever since its a korean grinder and there is not much gameplay depth. Furthermore the whole marketing concept is a ripp off, since only changing your skill points cost you 30$ around....stay away from this game

I really hope for "pirates of the burning sea"

Originally posted by Grokar

Originally posted by Midaveg

What more annoying than these over-repeated sentences.

If everybody was thinking like you, it would go like this

Company: How do you like our product?

Players: It really good!

Company: You sure?

Players: Yes!

Company: Well then, nothing to change.

Even if the products is full of bugs and extremely boring.

This guy deserves a metal in reason/logic and just plain common sense.

Agreed.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Lwolf

the irony of your post is that Voyage century is not a korean game.
  • eetoeeto Member Posts: 4
    Okay i run one of the largest VC guilds on Columbus and the amount of members that have quit this game b4 it even gets out of beta is quite supprising, the item mall realy unbalances the game with a $10 item allowing you to heal 3 mins worth of damage in 1 second with no limit on the amount you can carry and having 100 use's >.>, at the current time im looking for a new game in alpha or beta that our guild can move to, so far havnt seen much out there. if any one knows any any good games out there that arnt to far into beta/alpha that you would consider a good home for a pvp loving grind guild thats extreamly active let me know.

Eeto
    "Hard-Core Gamer"

• GoluhGoluh Member Posts: 374

Oh hi Eeto, its Thrillseeker here.

Good that I didn't stick around, wasting time haha

• atkafighteratkafighter Member Posts: 71
    I wanted this game to be great, but it just isn't.  Half the time I don't know what I'm doing.  All I have been able to figure out is how to get owned by some huge ships, and kill turtles.  More direction is essential for a game this complex.  Starting out on the ship was pretty helpful, but once you hit the island its pretty much every man for himself.
    Originally posted by atkafighter

I wanted this game to be great, but it just isn't.  Half the time I don't know what I'm doing.  All I have been able to figure out is how to get owned by some huge ships, and kill turtles.  More direction is essential for a game this complex.  Starting out on the ship was pretty helpful, but once you hit the island its pretty much every man for himself.

What server do you play on mate?

PM me with the details I'll teach you the basics--> through advanced.