Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Game?

SnoogemsSnoogems Member UncommonPosts: 99
Is this game any good? Its either this or Vanguard. Is it worth taking the long download time? Is there any pvp in this game cus if not what fun is it? Can you give me some information on what your first impressions were when u first entered. How is the community? Lag/Performance?

Comments

• dafuzzledafuzzle Member Posts: 160
    well it is a very good game and is only in beta, but if you are gonna play during beta dont make the automatic 35 char (you'll see what i mean if you try it out) because you have no idea about what to do.  Start from the begginging and you will like it, though it does take some time to get into, but once you are you enjoy playing the game.
  • jenerjener Member Posts: 34
    THat game si freakin HOTTTT i've played through the 3 beta testing    maintences  does anyone know where lady of central valley is tho™?
    u can only pvp if you finish 2nd promotion at lvl 35 0_o
  • dtportnoy69dtportnoy69 Member Posts: 28
    Play both.

Vanguard is an awesome game you can't go wrong. (maybe wait 6 months for it to mature). If you have a shitty rig though you may have trouble playing the game.

Scions is pretty good too if you don't feel like being immersed in a huge ass world, just grind it out on scions when u get tired of Vanguard.

Scions has the pets and housing which keep me interested. And so far the leveling isn't super hard and the way you raise attributes each level is cool. You don't raise stats like Strength, Dex and stuff like that, but you raise things like (lets say your a ranger) crit rate percentage or distance and max power of your bow etc.. SO its cool

OOh and player housing. Not many games offer player housing so that looks like fun. Anyone actually tried the player housing? Do you actually put your house on a plot of land for everyone to see or is it one of those, "click on me to go into my house (that would suk)"?

So play both, since Scions is free there is no commitment really.

I do play scions of fate through first beta test-3rd

• NafunieruNafunieru Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by dtportnoy69

Play both.

Vanguard is an awesome game you can't go wrong. (maybe wait 6 months for it to mature). If you have a shitty rig though you may have trouble playing the game.

Scions is pretty good too if you don't feel like being immersed in a huge ass world, just grind it out on scions when u get tired of Vanguard.

Scions has the pets and housing which keep me interested. And so far the leveling isn't super hard and the way you raise attributes each level is cool. You don't raise stats like Strength, Dex and stuff like that, but you raise things like (lets say your a ranger) crit rate percentage or distance and max power of your bow etc.. SO its cool

OOh and player housing. Not many games offer player housing so that looks like fun. Anyone actually tried the player housing? Do you actually put your house on a plot of land for everyone to see or is it one of those, "click on me to go into my house (that would suk)"?

So play both, since Scions is free there is no commitment really.

Were you talking about housing in V: SoH or SoF? There's NO player housing in SoF, House is the term used for Guilds.
  • zabatso2003zabatso2003 Member Posts: 2

my god...

am i the only one who see that this game SUCKS...?

1st u enter as a newbie who doesn't know anything...then u go kill monsters until u r lvl 3....u take a quest to kill more monsters then go back to kill much more monsters untill u r lvl 6....and so on...

ok the game has cute graphics and ur character can laugh and all.....but after that u feel bored and stupid

and i heared u can craft items and stuff....but thats all u can do in the game untill u r lvl 35 and go PvP...

what is soooooo fun killing monsters over and over and over again..?

so i recommend playing another game if u have taste in MMORPGs...

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949
    Originally posted by zabatso2003

my god...
    am i the only one who see that this game SUCKS...?
    1st u enter as a newbie who doesn't know anything...then u go kill monsters until u r lvl 3....u take a quest to kill more monsters then go back to kill much more monsters untill u r lvl 6....and so on...
    ok the game has cute graphics and ur character can laugh and all.....but after that u feel bored and stupid
    and i heared u can craft items and stuff....but thats all u can do in the game untill u r lvl 35 and go PvP...
    what is soooooo fun killing monsters over and over and over again..?
    so i recommend playing another game if u have taste in MMORPGs...
    That's pretty much all you do in ALL mmorpgs from the newest free based mmorpg to the pay based ones like Vanguard, Everquest 2, etc. It's all about presentation in the end.
  • zabatso2003zabatso2003 Member Posts: 2

no no no

there r games that has something to do with ur time other that kill monster aimlessly....

and even similar games have more quests...and more features....

and by the way....whats so great about a game all u do is kill monsters...?

i thought this game gonna be different or at least better...but it is even worse!!

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949
    Originally posted by zabatso2003

no no no
    there r games that has something to do with ur time other that kill monster aimlessly....
    and even similar games have more quests...and more features....
    and by the way....whats so great about a game all u do is kill monsters...?
    i thought this game gonna be different or at least better...but it is even worse!!
    Sure there are quest. What do they require you to do majority if not all of the time? Kill monsters. If it's to explore areas you still have to "kill monsters" to get there as things will almost always be aggressive. You can craft but in order to do that you need to either harvest and as a result kill monsters due to were harvest nodes are (only in Ultima Online and Horizons for the most part that wasn't an issue due to where things were placed or buy materials. In order to get materials you have to kill monsters to get money. You will always be killing monsters.

It just comes down to presentation in the end and how well the actual grind is hidden in mmorpgs.
  • canb1canb1 Member Posts: 6
    This game is really, well, bad i mean you start in the town having NO idea how to play or anything and then you just grind your brains out then run back to town run back and grind some  more,  

If you really want a MMORPG thats good try a Action Flight Sim MMORPG,  and theres only one of those thats any good,  SpaceCowboys, it is REALLY sweet because you steer your high-tech futuristic air craft with the mouse and click to fire, no turn based stuff. it really takes skill, unlike other MMORPG, but the best part of this game is the PvP, at lvl 11 you pick and nation then engage in a never ending always going war over land