Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April 21st FFXI Update

SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466

Man, I left cause I was tired of the bullshit posts on here only to come back and find that it's ten times worse. Guess I'll just post this awesome information:

With the new update going live I thought I'd post all the relevant information.

All of the changes and additions can be found here:

http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200404226037.html

Information regarding the new Mentor program can be found here:

http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200404228190.html

Information regarding the first Conflict event, Ballista, can be found here:

http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200404225213.html

Information regarding the Dynamis can be found here:

http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200402263552.html

Anyway, I was hoping some people here would care, but it seems to me like there are just people dwelling for hours on end about a game they hate. I'm sure you also have something better to do.

Comments

• MorrowRailMorrowRail Member Posts: 60

I't's not as bad as Ramadin says. It's not (anywhere near) as good as the fanboys say. There are better MMORPGs on the market. End of story.

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466
    Goddammit, somebody just delete this thread. Quite seriously, I've never seen such a garbage forum. Ramadin, you don't like the game. Yay for you. I don't like a lot of things, but I certainly don't waste my time with them. I'm sure you have much better things to do than to talk about this game. Get out of here if you're just going to pollute everybody's threads with your opinion. Start your own thread (or threads, as the case may be) to share your opinion, Ramadin. We've already heard it countless times and I don't need you bringing it up in every single thread. I should have known better than to post something legitimate on this piece of garbage forum.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

People are entitled to their personal opinions... but only if it does not stomp outright on others.

Come on folks, some of you know better. If you wish to express your opinion back it up. Just saying "it sux!" holds no water. If 500,000+ players love FFXI then there you go.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• SamusicSamusic Member CommonPosts: 466
    Maximane, please just lock this thread, or something. I posted this thread to share information about the huge new update and to discuss it. Obviously, it's been hijacked.

• MorrowRailMorrowRail Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Samusic
    Maximane, please just lock this thread, or something. I posted this thread to share information about the huge new update and to discuss it. Obviously, it's been hijacked.image

You're half right. Ramadin DID take a thread unrelated to the quality of the game to go off on how much he hates it. That being said, you did whine about "bullshit posts" and you've made it more than clear that the only opinions worth stating are ones that agree with you. If you want your thread free of anti-FFXI sentiment, keep your comments about other posters to yourself.

Also, I think the 500k or whatever number subscribers theory is invalid because popularity is not always (in fact, not often) and indication of quality. In fact, Lineage 1 is the most popular MMORPG on Earth. Is it the best? You tell me.

I think FFXI's popularity is, in large part, a reflection of the FF series as a whole's popularity. Also worth considering, outside of FF fanboy mania, are: It's HUGE user base in Japan and the rest of Asia, the HUGE number of users on PS2, and the fact that many anime fans relate to its artistic direction. It's DEFINITELY not the worst MMORPG on the market, but you will NEVER convince me that it's the best. I spent my 50 bucks to play it and was sorely disappointed. Maybe you guys ought to try to bring something to the table rather than just whining about the detractors. Grow up, Otaku.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

If you wish to debate the qualities of this game, or any other, please do them in separate threads. This was originally a thread about updates, but it seems to have turned around.

Thread locked.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

This discussion has been closed.