Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

swg no longer able to be a neutral charactor in

just running thru kor villa,game npc town, cutting thru buildings on way to meet a friend, got back to back message at same time , 1st was imp crack down npc telling me stop and 2nd that i recieved neg 50 imp fraction, so soe is forcing neutral chars out of the game, my char after 3months of play,that did nothing but run thru an npc town was forced to become a rebel, so all that advertising you see for the game that can play a neutral chactor in the game ,is false, soe is forcing neutrals out of game,and i just wasted 3 months of mine time cuase i read this false advertisingimage

Comments

• Originally posted by derydan59
    just running thru kor villa,game npc town, cutting thru buildings on way to meet a friend, got back to back message at same time , 1st was imp crack down npc telling me stop and 2nd that i recieved neg 50 imp fraction, so soe is forcing neutral chars out of the game, my char after 3months of play,that did nothing but run thru an npc town was forced to become a rebel, so all that advertising you see for the game that can play a neutral chactor in the game ,is false, soe is forcing neutrals out of game,and i just wasted 3 months of mine time cuase i read this false advertisingimage

Sloooow down Derydan59. There is no false advertising involved.

SWG takes place in the Star Wars universe. There is a WAR going on. Did you watch the original 3 movies? Read the books? Lando Calrissian is not only the most famous neutral in Star Wars, but in all of movie history. The issues he had to deal with, the choices he had to make, the constant personal agony, ...... the life of a neutral can be super easy, or super hard.

Being Neutral does not mean automatic immunity to 2 warring sides. It means having twice as many friends AND twice as many enemies. Heck check out how Emperor George W. Bush treats neutrals - "You are either with us or against us!".

What you experienced is exactly what Star Wars IS all about! For Imperials, Rebels, and Neutrals.

Last, you having -50 Imperial points does not mean you are a Rebel. There is no false advertising involved.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• derydan59derydan59 Member Posts: 3
    so mainly you are verify that swg is pvp only game, with little rpg added to it

• fud25fud25 Member Posts: 15

Unfortunately, there is no Star Wars in SWG, therefore no content or decent oppertunity to RP.  The galactic civil war is a joke and all all that is left is tournement style PvP with player created battlefields.  Immersion has been shot.

I don't expect SOE to come up with a real solution in July in publish 11.  I expect them to fall short.

More on topic, -50IMP does not make you a rebel.  You are just starting to get on the Imperial's bad side.  No false advertisment.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Technically you can not join the Rebel or Imperial sides until you have +200 faction points for them.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

• derydan59derydan59 Member Posts: 3

ok,techically,

old referance book used by millions people

webster dictionary

neutral :

not aligned with , suppoting , or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest

please look up what you are talking about  before you talk,since seems like you have not ideal of what the word is

ty

• BlacksmithBlacksmith Member Posts: 55

Does this surprise you? I mean Sony's been doing this sort of crap since day one with SWG. And by day one I mean day ONE. I played in Beta and for two months afterwards, I can tell you that Sony does not give a rat's arse about the players. They know that no matter how hard the nerf bat comes down, no matter how repetetive and boring the level grind becomes, the SWG fanboys will be there to support the game.

Sad really, it looked like it had real promise...

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Hmm i was also recently in Kor Vella, and a part of a running battle through the streets taking on Troopers and their imperial mercenaries. It was great fun and after the battle i had to fight my way through several starports to get to a rebel base and find a recruiter to make me Covert again. It was great fun. I stopped playing SWG a couple of months ago because it was very boring and with no content, but after resubscribing i must say the imperial crackdown has improved things.

IMO SWG should be entirely pvp, the only way to avoid arrest or attack is to be covert, or under the protection of town poice or troopers.

Matt

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

The only reason you would have lost faction as a neutral was that they scanned you, found you had contraband, and fined you for it.

Contraband is spice and sliced items. If you had that and they found it on you (random roll), then they usually give you a choice of either losing money or faction, and if you move you lose faction.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]