Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Game Ratings needs to be looked at subjectivly.

The games on this site are rated by the members. Most of us here are hardcore gamers.  In some way or another we are all a bunch of people who love games, love mmos, and are in a constant search for the perfect one.

I know a ton of MMO casual gamers and not one of them know of this site. Just keep that in mind when reviewing the Ratings.

This is more in response to that Vanguard as #1 thread.

I myself thought vanguard was heading in the right direction. And is a great game for non casual gamers. So expect it to hit it big with a majority of the MMORPG.COM crowd.

Comments

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

Pretty much all of these titles are niche games, with the exception of maybe Guild Wars which has sold 2+ Million copies.
  • PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434
    that is very true.. wich is why they may rate so high.. they are all original in some way.

like WOW.. is not original.. yet is the most popular game ever created on the face of the planet.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I think it is time they add a second rating system.

A rating that can be done only by their staff, and optionally to some members of the website!  Which member could and couldn't should be decide by a council held by the mighty Admin himself where each staff member could say if a user is worthy, or not, of having a ranking option.  Been elite or a newcomer shouldn't matter at all, of course, the elites got an advantage, as most staff know them, for the better or the worst...so they have their attention time to convince if they are worthy...or not.  Kinda like the old systems they have in some guilds to determine if someone can join or not...X no votes = nope, must get Y yes vote.  I am pretty sure I wouldn't make it in even if I would like to! 

I wouldn't touch the existing ranking system, I would add this new version on top of the old one, having 2 or 3 rankings (now they currently have sometimes a ranking they give themselves to a MMO, not always, sometime a MMO has 2 different reviews and so on).

Both rating systems could be displayed, in opposition, in contrast.  The elder council ranking and the crowd ranking.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Pangaea

that is very true.. wich is why they may rate so high.. they are all original in some way.

like WOW.. is not original.. yet is the most popular game ever created on the face of the planet.
    Vanguard is not original, Everquest 2 is not original, most of them are not original.
  • OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Originally posted by Pangaea
    that is very true.. wich is why they may rate so high.. they are all original in some way.like WOW.. is not original.. yet is the most popular game ever created on the face of the planet.
    Vanguard is not original, Everquest 2 is not original, most of them are not original.

Yet it is a niche game.

Where as WoW, you can take those 5 features it has, and find any other MMO, and see they have the exact same features.

Vanguard brings in controversial Crafting, a diplomacy system and no instancing. And there is more to come. Surely WoW evolves too, but it is still restricted to the money greedy people behind it, where as it seems Vanguard, is more of a game for the gamers... as Brad McQaid put it <333

It is very hard these days to come up with a total original game. Why even argue for or against it? You are an ***** if you think that it is by any means possible to make an "original" game.

In some way all new games will resemble something that have been made before, may it be WoW or Frog... I dont care, stop being stupid about this.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

What are you talking about the ratings have to be looked at subjectively?

Jesus F Christ, where the hell have you been all your life?

Everything in life has to be looked at subjectively, and if you haven't learned that yet... good luck to you.

When the US Government comes on TV do you believe every word they say? Do you listen to everything CNN says and believe it? Do you look at the National Enquirer and gasp in fear?

Honestly, this is like me telling you that the sky is blue, and you should drink water or you'll die. Thanks.

Anyone who looks at anything and takes it at face value needs a psych evaluation in today's world. Nothing is as it seems, honesty is no longer a virtue it's a miracle, and no one has a smidge of common sense anymore.

Just my thoughts on the matter ;)

• IroxxarIroxxar Member Posts: 3
    i agree any form rating is subject to the precedtion of the person that is rateing the game
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    I think that rating should only be allowed for accounts that are a month old or older and having a certain karma (star) rating. This way we can pretty much guarantee that the ratings will be done by active members and not duplicate accounts.