Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats lotr have that vanguard dont, honestly asking!!

123457»

Comments

• panchoviapanchovia Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Kemenlith

Originally posted by maguskwt

I think if i were the dev I would've made the timeline of the game after the events of LOTR...then you don't have to be fixed to an existing story but at the same time make use of the lore of LOTR
    OMFG! Are you stupid? Have you even read the books? The elves LEAVE Middle Earth after Sauron is defeated! Dwarves and Hobbits will fade away over time and Man will be the only race left! Seriously, if you are going to make a comment think about what you type before you hit reply. LMFAO.... as 8 million kiddie krusaders would put it ..... UGOTZPWNEDBITHZIAMYURBBQPWNZSAUZSUCKERZ

well actually thats for bout 2 million krusaders the rest would be like....

CHINGCHANGCHUNGCHINGCHANG!!!!!! (sorry my chinese spelling is bad)
  • deltiordeltior Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Anyway,

Monster Play sounds very fun and I think that s a brand new feature in a mmorpg

• RumorsRumors Member Posts: 161
    Mmmmmm didn't EQ do it for a while?
  • Nitros284Nitros284 Member Posts: 82

The game is more beautiful than Vanguard, runs on systems better, requires less power for better graphics, the quests are fantastic and very immersive with great lore, the graphics, sound effects, gameplay, and everything is very well done. Monster PvP is a fresh new and amazing idea. To be able to play someone other than your own character is refreshing and gives a ton of variety, but you can still be your character if you want! The unique classes, no "Hit Points" or "Dying". The entire game is a ton more realistic than other MMO's. Instead of dying and respawning, you retreat. Instead of hit points, you have morale.

The classes aren't the stereotypical "Warrior Mage Cleic Rogue". Of course they have those, but it's not the stereotypical kind, and there is no cleric. Instead there's a minstrel who sings songs to boost morale.

The character models and animations look a lot better than Vanguard's cartoony attempt-at-realistic models. The world fit well with the character models, as opposed to Vanguard's cartoon attempt-at-realistic in a realistic oil-painting style. Less bugs, a TON more polish.

But most of all, LOTR has what Vanguard doesn't: FUN

That's my opinion.

• PretaPreta Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Rumors
    Mmmmmm didn't EQ do it for a while?

EQ's way of doing monster play was just a crude hackjob in comparison to LOTRO making it a fully fleshed out gameplay element. I don't really think they're comparable.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305
    His response was rude and uncalled for but he is making true statements.  LotRO set in the fourth age would be rather boring.
  • KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432

I think if i were the dev I would've made the timeline of the game after the events of LOTR...then you don't have to be fixed to an existing story but at the same time make use of the lore of LOTR
    OMFG! Are you stupid? Have you even read the books? The elves LEAVE Middle Earth after Sauron is defeated! Dwarves and Hobbits will fade away over time and Man will be the only race left! Seriously, if you are going to make a comment think about what you type before you hit reply.

That was completely uncalled for.

He said "I think if i were a dev". The keyword is "i". He wasn't saying that it would be great for ANYONE except himself.

Kedoremos

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• KemenlithKemenlith Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by kedoremos

OMFG! Are you stupid? Have you even read the books? The elves LEAVE Middle Earth after Sauron is defeated! Dwarves and Hobbits will fade away over time and Man will be the only race left! Seriously, if you are going to make a comment think about what you type before you hit reply.

He said "I think if i were a dev". The keyword is "i". He wasn't saying that it would be great for ANYONE except himself.

Kedoremos

I know, I overreacted, they have single day bans for a reason. -_-

Currently: Playing EVE Online
    Previous: FFXI, Dragonrealms, sad little stint in WOWland.
    Awaiting: Fallen Earth, Hero''s Journey, Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan.

Kedoremos

They actually banned you for being a prick? That's pretty cold and inconsistent if they did.

Kedoremos

• KemenlithKemenlith Member Posts: 263

Kedoremos

They actually banned you for being a prick? That's pretty cold and inconsistent if they did.

Kedoremos

Meh, I was being really hot-headed, and I don't normally post like that, so I didn't really mind.

Currently: Playing EVE Online
    Previous: FFXI, Dragonrealms, sad little stint in WOWland.
    Awaiting: Fallen Earth, Hero''s Journey, Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan.

Kedoremos

Kedoremos

Meh, I was being really hot-headed, and I don't normally post like that, so I didn't really mind.

I find it refreshing that you can see your mistakes and learn from them.

But still... its pretty damn inconsistent of MMORPG.com to ban you for saying what you did. There are a lot of people who deserve the ban stick more than you did.

Kedoremos

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855
    less bugs?
  • roadwarriorsroadwarriors Member Posts: 218

Penis wrinkle.