Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do in GW??

NipoNipo Member UncommonPosts: 42
what can u do in GW... are there any quests or only lvl up and fight?

Comments

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35

You can do solo quests. You can do group quests. You can do PvP or Guild vs Guild. You can take part in tournaments or casual arena fights. You can explore. Leveling is a rather minor point of the game compared to the rest, there is only minimal "grind" or "treadmill" to the game. Almost all your time spent in game is spent having fun.

• NaxxNaxx Member Posts: 6

Can some please give info about the servers...like will there be only 1 server?

thnx for your time,

http://www.mmorpg.com/images/gamelogos/gw.gif

-----------------------------------
    Free your Mind!
    -----------------------------------

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35

There will not be any "shards" or "realms" or any of that nonsense. Everyone logs into the same world. In Guild Wars, we will truely be able to crown a world #1 player ... for as long as they can hold the #1 position, of course.

• LurpydLurpyd Member Posts: 11
    but what are you going to have to do to become that #1 guy and how hard is it going to be to get to there.  will there be #2 #3 and so forth or only #1 ranked???  Also if your doing the little arena type battles, will there be any benefits to doing all that or is it just for fun??

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying That was Fucking Awesome."

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying That was Fucking Awesome."

• ChrlyDntSurfChrlyDntSurf Member Posts: 33
    You can tax the world, Im not sure how much but you can. If I find it, ill get back to you on it. Also its just cool being number 1 in the world.

• LurpydLurpyd Member Posts: 11
    any clue on how it will go once you are # 1, like do people just challenge you or what?  thanx for getting back so fast image

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    The thing I don't like is that it seems to be heavily instanced. . .So. . who cares how many people are on a server if you can only jump into a mission with x-number of your friends. . But then I havn't played. . .

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

If your number one I'm sure you'd want to keep it and keep playing. Number one in exactly what is the key: Levels? Even if you are the highest ranked what does that have to do about story line progression. If you play a game just to gain levels then , hmm, you can accomplish the same thing by yourself and a piece of paper.

Off Topic:

If it's so instanced like Gnarled is implying is it actually a MMORPG? Don't MMORPG's have to be seamless to be considered in the same genre? Or is it a MMOG offshoot.

-Obiyer

• TrOnTrOn Member Posts: 15

ArenaNet never said Guild Wars was a MMORPG. It's a CORPG (competitive online RPG).

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Unfortunately, this is one of my biggest concerns with the game.

What I like about MMORPG's is that you can wonder huge worlds with many many players. Questing with large groups. And trade routes.

I want to know if guild wars will have a seamless world where you can wonder around and run into other players or groups of players in the wilderness.

I understand there will be quests (solo and co-op) which will be instanced, but will there be a general world with creeps scattered around and vast landscapes inhabitted by thousands of players?

Or will every bit of adventuring be instanced?

-Evil-Killa aka Tiberiux

I don't think there will be persistent hunt areas since monsters do now spawn.

As for meeting other players in the wilderness. Guild Wars has some persistent areas within instanced solo maps, kinda like a relax point, outpost where you can trade, meet other people and then continue your journey. But no, there are no other players in a solo instanced map. Just you, NPCs and monsters and a wonderful landscape.

As for PvP fighting with random people; you've got special Arena maps and game types and there will probably be more as the game nears beta and retail.

It's just different compared to other MMORPGs.

• ChrlyDntSurfChrlyDntSurf Member Posts: 33

About the ranking thing, you get ranked by pvp. You and your group that is. You have a group of like 5 guys or something, and you work your way up the ladder by winning matches, and of corse when you are number 1 everyones going to want to challanged you since they want that position. One group shouldnt be able to hold the number 1 position long simply because there are so many different combinations of strategys between the 5 players ( if it is 5, not sure ) that one strategy will not dominate.

All the info about that is on the main site, but thats everything off the top of my head.

• xstijnxstijn Member Posts: 10

So you got a big space where you can trade walk or buy stuff, where are no monsters at all even not out of the city in a big forest? And you have the private areas where you can do solo or cooperative missions or battle? I think it would be nice if there would be a few (don't have to be much) monsters outside city's. BUt this nevveeerrr is going me to stop BUYING GUILD WARSimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

No, instanced solo hunt maps (outside of cittes) of course have lots of monsters, they also feature solo mini-quests etc... But in this instanced solo maps you can find small persitent outposts where you can meat other people to trade, talk etc...

I think it's best you people try it out when the E3 public demo will start :).

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

CORPG sounds like a bit of a buzz word, but has no real meaning. Hundreds of games can fall in a genre as vague as the name implies. It should attract a lot of Shadowbane players though, all of them are looking for the next medieval Counter Strike. We will have to wait, but hopefully it proves to be something more than a three dimensional Diablo 2 clone.

• NipoNipo Member UncommonPosts: 42
    well there lots of things in GW to do... but ill decide when it comes out image