Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Launch Day Press Release

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes hits retail shelves today, January 30th.

Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) and Sigil Games Online announced today that the hotly anticipated massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes™, is now available at retail outlets across North America and Europe. The game is also offered for digital download at www.station.com.

"From day one Vanguard was created with the vision of developing an MMO with an unparalleled feeling of immersion," said Brad McQuaid, CEO of Sigil Games Online. "To accomplish this, we included innovative features that break the shackles of the traditional MMO experience. Our diplomacy system, for example, is one of many original concepts we employed to invigorate the MMO game play experience."

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes features stunning environments reminiscent of classic fantasy oil paintings, as well as three fully-developed layers of gameplay (diplomacy, adventuring and crafting), along with a comprehensive character creation tool. Three vast continents are available for exploration, and players will enjoy a fully immersive experience as they delve into new lands riddled with powerful items, dangerous enemies and boundless adventure. As players reach higher levels, they can traverse the world freely on flying dragons, voyaging across far-reaching lands in a breathtaking, non-instanced world.

"Vanguard's beauty coupled with the sheer size and scale of the world is like nothing else experienced in today's games. It's poised to make a significant contribution to the genre, which is one of many reasons SOE is looking forward to adding this exciting title to our line up of games included in the all-in-one Station Access™ subscription package," Laura Naviaux, Sr. Brand Manager, Sony Online Entertainment.

Rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB, the game is available for the suggested retail price of US $49.99. The limited edition version with unique content for collectors is also available for a suggested retail price of $89.99. The North American subscription fee for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is $14.99 a month, with discounts offered for longer subscription commitments. For players who purchase Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and have an SOE Station Access subscription, the subscription to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will be included in the $24.99 monthly fee. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has also been added to SOE's universal game card available at retail in 30- and 90-day subscription periods.

About Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

The only limits are your own in Telon. The adventurous can choose from multiple paths of exploration within the three spheres of advancement: adventuring, crafting, and diplomacy. Players can delve into the mysteries of Telon, and embark upon quests to slay monstrous beasts locked deep inside rugged mountain ranges. Those with a quick mind can use diplomacy to convince kings to move armies and change the course of history. With player-crafted boats, flying mounts, and customizable player housing, Vanguard offers players a world of their own choosing.

Key Features of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes:

No boundaries: Explore an epic, seamless world. From the smallest dungeon to the highest peak. If it can be seen it can be explored.

Limitless customization: In a world of thousands, carve your own unique destiny and appearance with an unparalleled character creator and by choosing one of 19 different races from Orcs and Goblins to Dwarves and Elves.

Forge your own path: Choose from one of 15 exciting professions including Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Psionicist, Bard and Rogue.

Immersive and interactive: Vanguard's unique, dynamic, reactive, combat system allows you to build chains of special attacks and reactions with Openers, Bridges and powerful Finishing moves.

Ride or sail around the world: With dozens of unique mounts to collect, you can race into battle on your warhorse, command the skies on the back of your dragon or join friends and embark on a sea-based adventure to discover faraway lands.

Play your way: Advance your character as an adventurer, set up your own shop as a crafter, talk your way to the top as a diplomat or do all three with the same character.

Open Market: Collect essential materials and use skills such as blacksmithing and artificing to create valuable and powerful items as well as ships and housing.

Home for sale: Make Telon feel like home by staking your claim on a piece of land and furnishing your own house with unique items.

Read more here.

Comments

• druarcdruarc Member Posts: 182
    So is anyone else not seeing it for download?

If anyone has a link to the missing download purchase page could you please post it.

Cheer
  • Royorr53Royorr53 Member Posts: 10
    I know Direct2drive.com has a digital purchase and download
  • tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Yay! Vanguard made it to its release.

Now the staff needs to promote the game from "Games in Development" to "Released Games"!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• druarcdruarc Member Posts: 182

Looks like I jumped the gun, both SOE station store and D2D have it now. Although D2D state it's only for US and Canada purchases.

Luckily Station Store makes no such stipulation.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Never in my life have I brought a collections edition for a game, but I splashed out and got this one for Vanguard. God damn Fry's still had the games in boxes on the floor, I looked on every shelf they still had the pre-orders sitting there ... Anyhow I managed to find the boxes where the Vanguard was hiding and grabbed a copy =)
  • delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358
    This game has ticked more boxes than any other mmorpg in recent years, the closet ive come to finding a all round enjoyable and massive game like this was swg in its early days and Vanguard even blows that away.

Im not suprised it currently scores top on mmorpg rankings, it is a great game already and over the coming months will be tweaked to near perfection.
  • verigoverigo Member Posts: 15

Never mind " will be tweaked to near perfection"

Most players would be estatic if the game could be radically overhauled to make it useable.

• KurgenKurgen Member Posts: 26
    I'm having fun currently playing Vanguard but am really starting to wonder how much longer it will last.I'm kind of getting tired of simply doing quest after quest and there being no backstory or class reason to progress other than to simply gain more levels and replace more mediocre gear with more mediocre gear with slightly better stats.

The devs have to introduce some purpose soon.Boats and flying mounts simply don't hold much interest past obtaining them and even those goals don't seem like any real motivation.I feel like i'm touring Telon quest after quest aimlessly.If it's still like this after my first month's subscription is up, i don't see myself sticking with the game.
  • VMaxxxVMaxxx Member Posts: 23

@Kurgen,

Give the Diplomacy stuff a try.  I've found that it gives some back story a feeling of why you're there.  At least the dwarven diplomacy side is rather intriguing to me. 

So far I've enjoyed it thoroughly.

• algenonalgenon Member UncommonPosts: 4

The most disapointing beta I've ever played.

Yes, the diplomacy is a good idea but what is essentially a game of Magic:The Gathering doesn't hide the derth of imagination that has gone into the quest and levelling system. After EQ2, the last thing the MMO world needed was another tiresome grind.

When will these people realise the majority of gamers are looking for more than a quick rabbit bash en route to a repetitive end game?