Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love Runescape, it’s a great game…

coltrixcoltrix Member Posts: 3

I love Runescape, it’s a great game… why I think it great!!!
Because of all the different skills they offer (mining, crafting, smithing,
farming, fishing, herblore etc…) all the quest and many more…

I played this game for a long time I got to lvl 93.

Then I started playing Final Fantasy XI, I was fun at first,
got to lvl 52 first job and lvl 30 the other jobs… but I got bored playing it. Fighting…
 Fighting… Fighting… that’s all you do,
sure they have some crafting but it expensive… you’ll spend all your money in
buying the ingredients.

All that to say!!! I think MMORPG should have different things
to do beside “fighting” quests are great but they should also have different
skills like “mining, crafting, smithing, fishing etc…” so when you don’t feel
like fighting you can do other things…

And that’s what Runescape have!!!! OPTIONS that’s what make
it a great game, but with a bigger screen play and better graphic it would be even
greater…

Now I’m searching for a game that would combine both the
graphic of FFXI or (SilkRoad)  with the different
skill of Runescape but mosthly “mining, crafting, smithing, fishing ”.

If anyone know such a game plz tell me.

PS.: Sorry for my English but i'm French and i'm trying

Comments

• PylypPylyp Member Posts: 14
    dont worry your english is fine ;)
    its true that runescape has a lot of skills but i dont really see whats so fun about them, tradeskills on runescape are so boring and repetative and i dont think there are really that many interesting things to make with them, take smithing for example the best stuff that you can make is full rune armour and a rune weapon. this is level 50ish gear and not much use to higher levels except for in the wilderness. all of the really good weapons in the game are either dropped or simply bought in shops. wouldnt it be better if there were better weapons and armour with more interesting and hard to find ingredients, for example a dagger which you use a tooth from the KBD to make?
    also i think that some of the sklls are a little bit pointless like firemaking. when is anyone ever actually going to use that?
    in answer to your origional question i dont know of any game with the same range of skills as runescape does i dont know of any but im sure there are some out there.

• Walsla50calWalsla50cal Member Posts: 5
    Can I have ur level 93?
  • tomwtom4tomwtom4 Member Posts: 16

Finally someone who thinks the same as me! This is exactly how I feel, I play on Guild Wars but all you do on that is kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill.........

Either the graphics on RuneScape need to be updated, or someone needs to make a game like it with mining, smithing, fishing, cooking etc. but with wwwaaaaayyy better graphics

Tom

• blah40000blah40000 Member Posts: 138
    ten reasons rs sucks

1. the skills are repetitive.

2. everyone who is a lower lvl is a "noob" as the highers say.

3. you have to be a member (p2p $5 usd a mo or more depending payment method) to get the good skills and good stuff in the other skills

4. for some reason any lvl member automatically becomes better than all the non-members (f2p) and gets the right to call them "noobs".

5. the economy and community sucks refer to reason 2 for example.

6. if you die you lose all but your 3 most valuable items(aka whatever sells for most at general stores).

7. the wild is the worst pvp system ever because you get jumped by like 15 lvl 85-90 people who have no better than to do so.

8. if you want to be able to make/ do the higher lvl stuff in the skills you have to lvl up your combat skills(because there are high lvl monsters that will kill you if you don't).

9. the use of runes is too expensive for mages and the 2 archer shops charge too much for arrows(there are 2 mage shops as well).

10. when using skills like crafting/ smithing need you to mine materials and you have to walk 5 in game miles(somewhat of an exaggeration)so it takes like 10 mins(not an exaggeration) to get to the closest station to do the next part.

i can go on and on and on but now for the few good things

1. the skills

2. the ability to report easily in game instead of bothering a gm or going to a forum(the rules are too easily broken though because you cant say things like sucks because its to protect the children even though if they use the internet they already know every "curse/ bad" word)

3. simple combat

4. the simple easy quests with okay rewards.

5. the ignore list and friend list interfaces are simple.

6. well i cant think about any more good things accept graphics don't make a game(but they could be a little better).

so in closing rs is okay if you play casually and have allot of time to waste.

note: if your a member then you admit to being a noob and have no life because rs is not worth paying for. please don't try to correct me or argue with me i don't want an all out war so ive made a poll so you can not waist pages agreeing/ arguing with me.
  • anthonyss4anthonyss4 Member Posts: 8

yeah man runescape is a great game in my opinion, i mean sure it has some down sids like grafics but the actual game play is fun and it has a verity of skills like you said

oh and btw your english is fine, in fact some girls dig guys with accents