Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just a few questions

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746
Hi there, I just had a few questions about roma victor I would like to ask:

1. Is there instancing?

2. Is it a skill based lvling system or class based?

3. Is it open PvP?

Thnx for any replys

Comments

• Zakke87Zakke87 Member Posts: 82
    1. No it is one big world. :)

2. Skill based, still a lot of grinding though (worst part of the game in my opinion).

3. As open as it gets, both a blessing and a curse. But new players are protected.
  • KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Shari

1. Is there instancing?

3. Is it open PvP?

Thnx for any replys

1.  Nope.  If you die, you go to Elysium for awhile and it's disconnected from the world, but that's the only thing that could be called instancing.

2.  No classes, no levels.  Over time you develop a portfolio of skills that are rated from 0 to 99.  You choose as you go along which ones you want to train and/or practice in.  When a skill reaches roughly 92 or 93, you are considered to have "mastered" it and it will say so on your character's public web page.  You start with zero skills in all categories but some hard core players now have mastered 25 or more skills.

3.  Yup.  There are a few limitations here and there but otherwise the entire 900 square kilometer area is one big PvP zone.  The romans and the barbarian tribes are pretty much at peace right now but with some recent banditry and intrigue occuring, I'm betting another war is going to break out.

• kashaunkashaun Member Posts: 220

I've been reading up on this game for quite some time now and am thinking about giving it a go. I know not to get my expectations up and can look past the crudeness of this game. For the most part it sounds like a game pretty much suited for someone like myself, I don't like endless quest lines and I simply can't stand any level and class system. I'm very picky about combat, so that's pretty much the only thing holding me back from every mmorpg out right now. I'm aware the game is always being worked on, and I'd love to contribute as an active player, but I'd like to know if they plan to really work on and optimize this game for combat or any large scale player interaction in general.

What I mean is, is there any long term plan to make combat team oriented, maybe somewhat on a larger scale, and a little more in-depth? I'm thinking of formations and a little planning if that's possible. The rest of the game sounds really fun to me, but I'm not the ideal mmorpg player in that I focus on combat and team combat over the rest of the game, although I always get into a game in its entirety.

Never give up and never surrender!

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    They are always trying to get the servers working as best as possible but for now big battles are not possible.

We never know what will be worked on and when, but we do know things will get done at some point.

There are plans to design a way to link up multiple players to each other and they will be controlled by a leader. This will be used for formations and to move objects that will need many ppl, like catapults.
  • kashaunkashaun Member Posts: 220
    That sounds promising. I'm not looking for the latest and greatest game, since those usually end up in a horrible state anyway. As long as these guys are trying I just might give it a try for a while. I've seen some videos, and they look really choppy and old, but one thing that stood out in all of them is everything looked mostly player driven.

Never give up and never surrender!

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    That choppiness is from poor FPS. It seems like the average FPS for RV is about 20.
  • KruniacKruniac Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Shari

1. Is there instancing?

3. Is it open PvP?

Thnx for any replys

1: No. Instancing is for lam0rz. Seriously though, no. Its open, and people interact with each other.

2: Skill based. Its more or less like Ultima Online. You hit someone, you might gain some weapon skill.

3: No. New player cannot be attacked, because of a mystical force called "Attending". Attending is more powerful than any god or player could ever be. Its laughable, and detracts from the realism of the game.