Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some info please? ^-^

Hiya,

Ok well I am very interested in pre ordering LOTR online BUT for  about 1/2 of the year I only have access to 56k dial up :( So can anyone who has tried it tell me if it works at a playable speed? Does not need to be lagless  off course but can I move around and kill things without a 5 sec lag or something.

Also is there any other information about what each class can do other then the minimal details on turbines site?

p.s. I really don't get why so many people think this game wont do well. It looks ,and from in game footage, feels like it will make it!

Comments

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503
    I can't answer your question, because I haven't played the beta. However, take a look at the system requirements:

I think that developers are getting more comfortable with releasing games that  require broadband to really enjoy the game, since more and more people are moving away from dial up.

I guess it depends on what your acceptable levels of gameplay are. For many people, having less than the recommended system requirements, which means a lesser gaming experience, isn't acceptable.
  • xrebelxrebel Member Posts: 133
    Even if they wouldn't be breaking NDA to do so (which they would) I don't think anyone would be able to help you with the 56k modem question, minimum beta specs require broadband :/ (so unless they lied... no one in beta using 56k :) whatcha bet there's a few)

they anticipate 56k modem as min reqs which leads me to believe it'll be like most games... you can quest/adventure by yourself with a bit of lag, and you'll probably lock up/pull out your hair in a populated area :/

Retired from WoW
    Rebellion - 60 Warlock || Kalaa - 60 Warrior
    Littlerebel - 60 Hunter || Albie - 60 Shaman
    Played: Erm, a lot more.

• badboy84c4badboy84c4 Member Posts: 25
    I agree that everyone should have at least 256 DSL and I DO but when I study at uni I only have access to dial up then, So wanna know if ill only be able to play LOTR when im on hols or all year around.

I have thos min reqs, but I wanna hear it from some one who tried it only does it work well enough...

My PC is 3.2 Ghz with an ATI mobility radeon 9600 also anyway ill have a new PC soon im messing up my laptop with all these games lol.
  • sheeshsheesh Member Posts: 330
     You should be OK running wirh a 56k. But, expect lag spikes when you get into populated areas,