Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much has changed?

The main thing I can't stand when playing DaoC is how old the interface, moving around, and animations look and feel.

Everything else I love about DaoC, I miss grouping much of the time, and all the great classes/races and especially the pvp.

The only thing that is keeping me from coming back is the interface and animations? Have these been updated at all, or are they the same as they were back in catacombs release?

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    same.  you can always do custom UI's, but I have a feeling that is not what you want.  there are some changes scheduled from spring/summer that will make changes to the UI, but I am not sure it is going to be changed enough or in the way you want.  For example, they are going to 12 slots of the qbar.  Not sure what other changes are being made to it. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    They're revamping much of the classic zones graphics, recently upgraded the looks of all the portal keeps. They are supposed to keep doing this for SI as well.  Character animations remain the same, i don't mind them...but I can see why some folks might.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322
    The interface itself is written in XML. You can make your own interface from scratch, use a GUI editor to makes changes to the existing one or download one of thousands already out there. The only problem with doing this, though, is when they update the game, the old custom UI's have to be updated. I got Derida's interface and have modded it extensively to the way I want it. I think Mythic itself hasn't updated it too much because the options already out there are really good and will cover most of the things you could want. Another option is that you can download specific parts of the interface if only parts of it bother you. There are updated compasses, clocks, whatever you can think of, somebody has already made a better one.
  • jeeperzjeeperz Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Kyleran

They're revamping much of the classic zones graphics, recently upgraded the looks of all the portal keeps. They are supposed to keep doing this for SI as well.  Character animations remain the same, i don't mind them...but I can see why some folks might.

Here is a 'film' of the actual Roundtable at Atlanta  some of these are addressed

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6399071494951986309&hl=en