Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i hope the pvp is good

robinorobino Member Posts: 39

ya - the pvp better be good - running backwards and shooting giant spiders is gonna get boring real fast

I wanna see decent infantry combat - with leaning animations, crouching animations, optics and zoom functions for weapons, i want to be able to rest my weapon on flat surfaces and have bouncing timed grenades (features already implemented in another MMO ... cough* WW2OL * cough * cough *).  I want ricochet, tracers, realistic weapon firing modes, custom mods and custom ammo. 

I want there to be hard cover, soft cover, concealment, ambushing and stealth skills related to the loudness of my footsteps in certain environments and skills related to the use of hand-to-hand weapons should I need to attach bayonets and charge.  I want concussion effects, explosion effects, incendiary effects, lighting effects, pristine and crisp 3d sound effects allowing me to guage what weapons the enemy are using and whether or not that engine noise is getting closer....    I want to run, crawl, jump, climb, roll and backflip myself into and out of firing positons/cover using my skills.  I want to run flat out for 10 minutes and find my aim is crap until I've had time to catch my breath.

I want there to be realistic damage models where a shot to the head and neck kills, realistic armour penetration, fuel lines on vehicles can be ruptured, engines can be disabled, the driver can be shot from outside the vehicle and I want wheels to be blown off.  I want there to be bleeding, wounding, disablement of one's apendages until your body is dragged from danger by a collegue and medical skills are applied.

I want a cross between Mad Max and Saving Private Ryan.  Dang it !!

pvp ..... its all about the pvp

Comments

• RamonSternsRamonSterns Member Posts: 41
    Would you like that with a side of fries and a small coke?  Jesus, If you want it to be THAT realistic, go role up at the army.
  • iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by RamonSterns

Would you like that with a side of fries and a small coke?  Jesus, If you want it to be THAT realistic, go role up at the army.
    Duh! You can't respawn in RL!!!

-iCeh

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876
    Have you tried?

I tried and it worked, trust me, reroll IRL.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Well they've demonstrated some of those features in the mogarmy videos eg. stealth and sound.

And you forgot something in your wish-list which they've also demonstrated - destructible terrain. So when you've slaughtered all your enemies but haven't quite scratched your itch, you can blow the bejumbas out of the landscape.

• robinorobino Member Posts: 39

a lot of what i mentioned is standard-fare in many games which contain 3d shooter elements now

i just think the devs haven't placed enough emphasis on the combat systems - this makes me think that they haven't made many provisions for people who want to pvp in a post apoc environment like me - from one of the videos I have seen the guy talking says they were debating on whether to include scopes on weapons .....   seems like a no brainer to me

• RamonSternsRamonSterns Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by robino

a lot of what i mentioned is standard-fare in many games which contain 3d shooter elements now
    i just think the devs haven't placed enough emphasis on the combat systems - this makes me think that they haven't made many provisions for people who want to pvp in a post apoc environment like me - from one of the videos I have seen the guy talking says they were debating on whether to include scopes on weapons .....   seems like a no brainer to me
    Have you not seen the MOGArmy videos?  They expalin the basics of combat, including the scopes and shooting through glass.
  • guitarboy22jguitarboy22j Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by RamonSterns

lol, thats hilarious. But actually I really agree with Robino. I have to say from a science fictional standpoint, the game would simply lack far too much if it had a weak PvP. What I mean is that much of the tension and danger inherent in a post apocalyptic setting is that there is no law and everyman is out for himself. The fear that just an average joe trying to survive will savage your whole party just for a few measly supplies is part of the whole fun of this environment. So just on the basis of this reasoning I say include it.

Not to mention it would just make combat way more fun.
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by IIRL

Have you tried?

I tried and it worked, trust me, reroll IRL.
    Yeah, it works, but I didn't like the downtime, it took forever for my cooldowns and stamina to get back up again...