Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: Latest Edition of SWG Comlink

2»

Comments

• wargassmwargassm Member Posts: 76
    because it wasn't needed PRE CU....  I hate how sarcasm translates to text. 
  • FivoFivo Member Posts: 17

Hmm.

1. Delete the entire context of hundreds of thousands of customers essentially alienating them to all other SOE and/or Sony products.

2. Tell them your rigged survey system produced exactly the same results as the monthly marketing b*tchfest.

3. Blame them all for cancelling their accounts instead of appreciating the destruction of 2+ years of hobby time investment.

4. Continue to tout a failed skill to level conversion instead of listening to current and ex-customers about your corporate failings.

5. Amaze the world that you continue to convince your IP that you can keep current customers, garner anywhere near previous subscription levels, or operate at a profit.

I'm in the crowd that wishes Sony would turn the IP back in so another company could do it correctly.  CCP comes to mind.

Fivo

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638
    Why do people keep blaming SOE for the NGE when it was clearly stated it was LA that decided to implement it.
    Originally posted by RainStar

Why do people keep blaming SOE for the NGE when it was clearly stated it was LA that decided to implement it.
    Because your assertion simply is false and places no references whatsoever to support its inference.  LA supported the marketing to garner new customers. The did not rewrite the application nor provide the direction to proceed.
  • soaro77soaro77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I find it interesting that so many people who do not play SWG any more are so fast to blast it and talk about how bad it is. Have you even tried it lately? Do you know for a fact that it is still as bad as it was when you quit?

I've played this game on and off since a week after beta. I was just as irritated with all the changes to CU and NGE and even quit the game after NGE. But eventually I decided to gave it another shot and I've been with it ever since. It is a LOT more fun now and is just getting better with each publish. I was skeptical at first and was certain that SOE was going to screw it up again. But somehow they aren't. I don't know if they got new devs or new management or what happened to cause such a change, but the game is actually improving and is actually a lot of fun to play again. I do still miss things from pre-CU days but once you accept that those things are gone and just evaluate the game for how it is now it is actually quite fun. As a matter of fact often you still see things that are gone but are implemented in another way now (TKA is gone but medics have unarmed expertise that lets them fight in a lot of the same ways as TKA used to).

This new entertainer system has never been in the game like some people are saying. They have always had entertainer buffs but never to this level. Entertainers have never been able to have such precise control over what their buffs do. So I see this as yet another excellent enhancement to the game.

If you quit the game at the CU or NGE and bash it because of the way things were done then, maybe you should try it again before you continue bashing it. You might be surprised and might just find you have to eat your words.
  • KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401

This is what they should have done with entertainers a longgggggg time ago, even pre cu tbh. I liked the old system with entertainers but they needed more of a reason to be in the game.

However NGE sucks so i wont be coming back until they make pre cu and then add sumthing like this in.

Originally posted by soaro77

I find it interesting that so many people who do not play SWG any more are so fast to blast it and talk about how bad it is. Have you even tried it lately? Do you know for a fact that it is still as bad as it was when you quit?

I've played this game on and off since a week after beta. I was just as irritated with all the changes to CU and NGE and even quit the game after NGE. But eventually I decided to gave it another shot and I've been with it ever since. It is a LOT more fun now and is just getting better with each publish. I was skeptical at first and was certain that SOE was going to screw it up again. But somehow they aren't. I don't know if they got new devs or new management or what happened to cause such a change, but the game is actually improving and is actually a lot of fun to play again. I do still miss things from pre-CU days but once you accept that those things are gone and just evaluate the game for how it is now it is actually quite fun. As a matter of fact often you still see things that are gone but are implemented in another way now (TKA is gone but medics have unarmed expertise that lets them fight in a lot of the same ways as TKA used to).

This new entertainer system has never been in the game like some people are saying. They have always had entertainer buffs but never to this level. Entertainers have never been able to have such precise control over what their buffs do. So I see this as yet another excellent enhancement to the game.

If you quit the game at the CU or NGE and bash it because of the way things were done then, maybe you should try it again before you continue bashing it. You might be surprised and might just find you have to eat your words.

You know, at some point after coordinating the activities for a 400+ member guild and financing the play for 5 family members over a 2.5 year period, you learn not to trust nearly anything SOE or Sony says anymore.

I particularly took satisfaction in cancelling a large order for Sony electronics last year for my company.  We went with another source and I gained the satisfaction that I wasn't financing a corporation, which finances an entertainment branch that went out of their way to destroy the work of a customer base that stuck with them through two years of their inability to realize they are not WoW.  I'll neither eat my words nor ever trust a Sony corporation again, given the choice.

• FinewheelsFinewheels Member Posts: 5

I played SWG for 3 years.  The Restus PVP zone was a huge blast.  Everyone was going crazy to get in and have fun leveling their characters there.  Then the nerfed the exp.  All of a sudden it was mostly the hardcore pvpers left there.  After that I had a hard time finding groups.  The rush was over so I went elsewhere to play where grouping was more emphasized.  For me an MMO is about getting in a group and having fun with other people.

However, I may come back to try the new reverse engineering for traders in chapter 5.  I prefer the Star Wars setting.  I hope they continue to smooth out things in the game.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Did they rollback to pre-cu? no? Oh-- not news then. No one cares. Move along.

Shadus