Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Game (MMORPG) You Want To Succeed The Most?

Which Game (MMORPG)  You Want To Succeed The Most?

Spiritglow

Comments

• lex-icon82lex-icon82 Member Posts: 232

Lord of the Rings Online... because I played D&DO and I saw a lot of unrealised potential there.

Have played:
    UO, WOW, COH/V, EQ2
    Currently playing:
    Age of Conan (EU)

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Age of Conan!
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

I too would like to see LOTRO succeed, but not as it is now. I'd rather it fail miserabley, or better yet never make it to launch. And then have the IP picked up by someone who will actually make a game worthy of the name.

But since I'm sure Turbine will foist the grotesque mockery on us anyways... Age of Conan

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• SWGforrevaSWGforreva Member Posts: 194
    Age of Conan or Darkfall (if it ever comes out)
  • KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401

WAR because it's my last chance for a good mmorpg in the next 2 years

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794
    Originally posted by lex-icon82

Lord of the Rings Online... because I played D&DO and I saw a lot of unrealised potential there.
    DDO? Potential? I like to have what you are smoking.
  • PicklefootPicklefoot Member Posts: 218
    Fury looks really good.Inavative atleast, I would like to see that game go on. Or Huxley. Tabula Rasa looks too much like current SWG/GuNZ mix to get in the list before Huxley.

--------------------------------------------------

• SWGforrevaSWGforreva Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by KnivesOnly

WAR because it's my last chance for a good mmorpg in the next 2 years
    I saw the new war videos and i must say im not impressed..the combat looks uh...just plain bad lol..the world looks very much alive though, ill give them that..
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Age of Conan - mainly as I saw so much potential in AO and here's to Funcom getting their act right with this one.

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356
    Chronicles of Spellborn

-or-

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

thats a tough one.......

Ultimately I would love to see Star wars as an MMO succeed but that is now highly unlikely. So given a second choice I suppose LOTR would be my pick for game i would like to be successful.

I think Stargate would be my second choice amongst games that we know they are already working on.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• SippyCupXIIISippyCupXIII Member Posts: 15
    I would like to see Aion do well, i have seen some videos and the gameplay/combat looks very intense and will keep people playing, well at least me interested that is
  • n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    WAR, PotBS, and a new Star Wars MMO.

NGE Refugee.

• FaurFaur Member Posts: 330
    I'm crossing my fingers for Age of Conan. Their fight system seems innovative, and they seem to put a lot of thought into PvP.
  • paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    Originally posted by Aelfinn

I too would like to see LOTRO succeed, but not as it is now. I'd rather it fail miserabley, or better yet never make it to launch. And then have the IP picked up by someone who will actually make a game worthy of the name.
    Same here.

OP: Darkfall (might happen) and Trials of Ascension (wont happen but theres always hope!).
  • CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I want them all the be great. I want there to be so many great mmos I'll never have a lack of a MMO to play.

• daadamodaadamo Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by Celestian

I want them all the be great. I want there to be so many great mmos I'll never have a lack of a MMO to play.

Bam!!! Nailed it right on the head! I would much rather have an incredibly difficult time deciding which one of these great MMORPG's I want to throw my well earned money at than to see any of them fail and have no good game to play...kind of like right now.
  • dragonxriderdragonxrider Member Posts: 107
    if you mean the upcoming mmo's then i would defenitely wish that Granado Espada succeed, but if you mean like past games then i would totally want RF to be a success. It needs more people, to me its a great game but just needs more people to realize that. hahahah this is just my opinion so dont flame.

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    Either Stargate or Star Trek Online or both. We need good sci-fi MMORPG's!!
  • mrversemrverse Member Posts: 119
    age of conan = kuz we need an M rated mmo (enough cartoons)

huxley = kuz we need an awsome FPS mmo with nice graphics (sorry planetside)

pirates of the burning sea = kuz i havent seen a good pirate game..
  • tadpoltadpol Member Posts: 28
    Darkfall. The carebear community already has plenty of games catering to it, many ar successful. The PvPers need something as well.
  • nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Vanguard, because it's old school. Aside from that, Age of Conan or Warhammer. Warhammer, because it has the potential to do pvp right and actually set a new standard for pvping as well as providing healthy competition for WoW. And Age of Conan for it's innovation. Oh and pirates of the burning sea, just because its a more unconventional mmorpg and it would be good to see one that isn't traditional fantasy doing well.

• RaymondRaymond Member Posts: 38
    Darkfall hands down ( like otheres stated, if it ever comes out ) looks to me like the only true pvp game, i get exited just thinking about me playing it

• asupermaneasupermane Member Posts: 682
    I want Warhammer to do good, but I dont want 7 million subs of kiddies.

a good community of actually fans and to be fans of warhammer sounds good.