Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Client - Usuable with the full game?

Hey all,

Got a buddy code earlier today (thanks again KombatJesus!) and am just wondering if I can patch the beta client from Fileplanet all the way up to the retail version, or if I have to go through www.joinvanguard.com/install

Thanks!

Comments

• wrkeechwrkeech Member UncommonPosts: 116
    the beta client is more than likely more out of date.
  • stylee99stylee99 Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by GroZZleR

Hey all,

Got a buddy code earlier today (thanks again KombatJesus!) and am just wondering if I can patch the beta client from Fileplanet all the way up to the retail version, or if I have to go through www.joinvanguard.com/install

Thanks!
    Yep, you can. In fact, that's the quickest way, since your beta client is only a couple patches away from the retail version (as opposed to just installing the retail disk then patching).
    If the beta client is already on your hard drive and was patched within the past week or so, then yes... it is quicker.  IF your talking about the beta client on fileplanet that you can download... probably not.
  • KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401

I downloaded the beta client then had about 10 mins of patches :P

Havn't even bought the game or have a subscription : Can play for free rofl.

Don't get too happy yet.  It's normal for a beta key to still work for the first few days. 

Especially in this case, since the beta key and the pre-order key were basically the same thing.  This allows those of us that pre-ordered to continue playing on launch day until we get to the store or  if our shipment was delayed for any reason.