Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about ini tweaks

Just a question concerning the ini tweak related to the resolution. Do I need to set the windows resolution to what my computer runs at regularly (ie outside game) and then the other one to what you would play on the resolution i will be playing on? Thank you in advanced

Comments

• wrkeechwrkeech Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by kable

Just a question concerning the ini tweak related to the resolution. Do I need to set the windows resolution to what my computer runs at regularly (ie outside game) and then the other one to what you would play on the resolution i will be playing on? Thank you in advanced
    The two settings can be different but quite a few people here recommend setting your games resolution to match your desktop resolution.
  • kablekable Member Posts: 134
    Thanks. Will I get much of an improvement by doing that? I play at 1024 /768 ands would hate to always have to revert my desktop resolution back and forth.
  • wrkeechwrkeech Member UncommonPosts: 116
    That depends on a number of things. Graphics card core speed and memory, system RAM, CPU, etc.  What it will do is take a small load off of your video card when switching between desktop and game.

As a rule.  The lower your desktop/game resolution is, the less your graphics card and CPU have to work.  So, while going from 1024X768 to 640X480 will show a dramatic improvement in graphics speed.... it may not necessarily improve your enjoyment of the game.