Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any day now....

Every month that goes by, the hype on this game decreases. I know everyone appreciates that the Dev's went back and added avatar combat, but this thing really needs a credible ETA.

NGE Refugee.

Comments

• isildurisildur Lead Designer, PotBSMember Posts: 84
    June of this year isn't enough of an explicit release date for you?

Dunno where you're hanging out, but we see more hype, not less.  Maybe too much hype, honestly.
  • KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

By the looks of the PotBS forums...it seems that there are a bunch more people logged in than in the past few months.

• WizhkWizhk Member UncommonPosts: 23

Ummm.. We're back on the top 10...

NO Complaints!!

• errorcodeerrorcode Member Posts: 4
    hypes decreasing? what do you base this on? 

the increasing hype score?  the various "most anticipated.." mentions?  the increasing number of posters at their boards?

please, let me know, i'm dying to see where you're coming up with this "decreasing hype" idea
  • mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    Even if this isn't my main MMO I play, I think it will be a good game to play because it isn't fantasy.  I think that is the best part, ships, combat, and a historical setting.  That almost by itself is enough of a selling point for me.

I'm really looking forward to release and possibly beta if I get in.  I think its gaining more hype than losing it, but we all know the hype meters on this site are unreliable.
  • CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    Having played Vanguard's beta, and seeing how it's coming out this month, I can say wholeheartedly that I'll take a prolonged release than a rushed one.

That's one thing I'm personally imploring you folks at Flying Labs to take to heart.

Take as much time as you need, but make the game workable, and make it fun. Don't be Vanguard.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• xrebelxrebel Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by Cymdai

Having played Vanguard's beta, and seeing how it's coming out this month, I can say wholeheartedly that I'll take a prolonged release than a rushed one.

That's one thing I'm personally imploring you folks at Flying Labs to take to heart.

Take as much time as you need, but make the game workable, and make it fun. Don't be Vanguard.
    ^^

I'll take a great release a year from now over something that makes me angry today :)

Retired from WoW
    Rebellion - 60 Warlock || Kalaa - 60 Warrior
    Littlerebel - 60 Hunter || Albie - 60 Shaman
    Played: Erm, a lot more.

• dlinddlind Member Posts: 7

I'll second that sentiment.
  • LullusLullus Member Posts: 9
    As I am a huge fan of Sid Meier's Pirates back from my old Amiga days, I am really looking forward to this. Can't wait to be ransacking again ...
  • AlokiaAlokia Member Posts: 11

I would rather have a polished, solid game instead of a half-assed thrown together game. Solid game>solid release date ftw.

I think we have seen enough money hungry execs from other companies release too early.

• smartkidzsmartkidz Member Posts: 252
    Originally posted by Alokia

I would rather have a polished, solid game instead of a half-assed thrown together game. Solid game>solid release date ftw.
    I think we have seen enough money hungry execs from other companies release too early.
    I can't agree with you anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    =The best bash.org quote ever=
    Curt teh Juggler: our graduation ceremony was today, and right when some gamer nerd got his diploma, someone in the audience played the zelda "get item" music and he did the zelda spin-hold-out-item stance
    Curt teh Juggler: it was quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

• paulpaulsenpaulpaulsen Member Posts: 1
    From what I´ve seen so far, it´s nice but nothing more. I´m missing really new ideas. Doesn´t hype me (so far).
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Amen sir. I refuse to buy cars with three wheels and cheesburgers that are missing the top half of the bun and I'll be damned if I will ever pay for beta again.

I miss DAoC